Sir Orrin

Reinforce? really?

3 minutes ago, AngryAlbatross said:

You know what would have been more thematic and would have helped out an older ship?
Giving reinforce to the B-Wing.  

I would have bought a new B-Wing expansion if it came with reinforce.  I won't be buying this wookie garbage truck.

B-wing would be a great ship to introduce Reinforce on.

51 minutes ago, Nitratas said:

As sad as it might be but i think this game is just running out of design space

Something as craptastic as the Aussie Truck shows FFG is running out of breathing space. It's a lazy piece of design and CGI. I mean, come on. A space Hind? Again? And then you make it into an entire expansion. I honestly think the U-Wing sucks because FFG knew they were going to shift product thanks to the Rogue One movie.

I'm giving serious thought to halting my X-Wing purchases. Sure, you see an X-Wing and a Ghost on the board, and the odd Falcon. But everything else is Toilet Seats, a crap-looking EU bomber and the TIE Defender which is merely ok. The only TIE Fighter you see is Sabine's.

It's not the amazing-looking game which drew me in for Wave III.

Edited by Lampyridae

On 4/2/2017 at 9:49 AM, SabineKey said:

Good to hear Kenkirk is still kicking. Keep meaning to go back to him, but keep getting sidetracked.

On 4/2/2017 at 9:57 AM, Sir Orrin said:

I'm thinking about trying Chirineau with Kylo crew. It is really hard for me to not choose Kenkirk with Isard though. One Agility and an evade every turn is amazing on a decimator.

I hate to sidebar the "reinforce thrown on an odd, mostly unknown small ship" thread...but to bunnytrail, what's this build exactly Sir? I'm intrigued. 

3 minutes ago, clanofwolves said:

I hate to sidebar the "reinforce thrown on an odd, mostly unknown small ship" thread...but to bunnytrail, what's this build exactly Sir? I'm intrigued. 

You mean my Kenkirk build?  Sorry, forgot about that.

Kenkirk
Ysanne Isard
Emperor Palpatine

Whisper

Agent Kallus

Veteran instincts

Advanced Cloaking Device
Sensor Jammer

99 points

I also flew a version with Rebel captive and lone wolf instead of palpatine, but at the time Palp was just too good to pass up for Whisper's sake.

2 minutes ago, clanofwolves said:

Thanks Sir, I'll have to give that a mat test ?

I love flying Whisper/Kenkirk every now and then. :) Palpatine is the "meta" way to go (haven't tried post-nerf", but the Rebel Captive and Lone-wolf on Kenkirk is just as fun, and effective in a different way. A Decimator with one agility, a free evade, and one that is giving you stress is a pain to kill. The only reason I chose palp the one time was to keep Whipser alive, which turned out well. Hope you enjoy the list!

7 minutes ago, Shenannigan said:

As much as I dislike stealing from epic.

it gives a one agility ship freedom to break away from Biggs. But at the cost of offensive efficiency. 

There are some interesting options for trying to regain that offensive efficiency, though it can be pricey.

9 hours ago, SabineKey said:

There are some interesting options for trying to regain that offensive efficiency, though it can be pricey.

I want to run 4 base ships with wookie commandos and any 0 cost upgrades that fit. It looks like fun. 

On 4/3/2017 at 0:16 AM, Marinealver said:

As it has been mention before Evades are not hit points. Now sure they can cancel a hit but the entire point is to lower the amount of hits from an attack not the damage from an attack. Despite all the hate TLT has they have made evades clearly different from say a shield token. There is a difference between green defense (agility), blue defense (mitigation) and yellow defense (hit points). Agility is different than regenerative shields. Agility counters attack, shields counters damage.

Yes, flavor-wise they are different but functionally green dice are armor. A ship can sit right in front of an enemy and be taking fire but shrugging it off without moving due to "Evades"

That's armor.

9 minutes ago, Kingsguard said:

Yes, flavor-wise they are different but functionally green dice are armor. A ship can sit right in front of an enemy and be taking fire but shrugging it off without moving due to "Evades"

That's armor.

I think you mean damage mitigation. But as I've been saying a permanent evade token doesn't equate to a regenerating shield token. For one evade tokens prevent hits not damage, now for almost all weapons 1 hit = 1 damage, the only exception are those that cancel all dice and apply damage after the hit has been resolved. However a regenerating shield token removes one damage. That is called damage recovery. One stops it as if it weren't even there, the other takes it but later removes the effect.

Still 2 different things mechanically.

3 minutes ago, Marinealver said:

I think you mean damage mitigation. But as I've been saying a permanent evade token doesn't equate to a regenerating shield token. For one evade tokens prevent hits not damage, now for almost all weapons 1 hit = 1 damage, the only exception are those that cancel all dice and apply damage after the hit has been resolved. However a regenerating shield token removes one damage. That is called damage recovery. One stops it as if it weren't even there, the other takes it but later removes the effect.

Still 2 different things mechanically.

*shrug* armor prevents damage either by deflecting or absorbing the force of a hit.

Are you saying your objection to reinforces is that it should regenerate shields instead?

11 minutes ago, Kingsguard said:

*shrug* armor prevents damage either by deflecting or absorbing the force of a hit.

Are you saying your objection to reinforces is that it should regenerate shields instead?

Different subject all together, thus different issue. With reinforce outside of 180 aux arc you get situations where reinforce covers an indeterminate number of sides. Depending on the situation it may cover only one side or 3 sides, or opposite sides depending on the firing arc of the ship that has the action. 

IMHO I sort of wish reinforced prevented 1 damage instead of 1 hit which will help against the onslaught of TLTs huge ships (as well as give it a chance in the meta).  But that is my take on reinforce in standard.

5 hours ago, Marinealver said:

Different subject all together, thus different issue. With reinforce outside of 180 aux arc you get situations where reinforce covers an indeterminate number of sides. Depending on the situation it may cover only one side or 3 sides, or opposite sides depending on the firing arc of the ship that has the action. 

IMHO I sort of wish reinforced prevented 1 damage instead of 1 hit which will help against the onslaught of TLTs huge ships (as well as give it a chance in the meta).  But that is my take on reinforce in standard.

The problem with that is because of Reinforce's constant nature, saying it blocks one damage means a TLT does no damage what so ever with its double tap.