Sir Orrin

Reinforce? really?

44 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

As has also been mentioned, it's something that should have been in the game all along and would have been easy to implement...if it had been done at the beginning.

What, you mean drawing a line down the middle of each ship token?  Nah, that never would have worked.

Yeah it's very odd on a small random wookie gunship, the ships itself looks weird. Reinforce on B-wings or ghost would be cool but that ship has passed and they have to sell new models. But we get yet another small ship in mid pont range for rebels to make more pilots obsolete, yay

Edited by jocke01

Why is everyone so keen to gift this action to the Ghost, Deci, Falcon, YV? Epic players will know very well how powerful this action is.

Do we really want Kanan, Chirpy , Rey and Bossk to be given a big survivability boost? Is the consensus really that these ships, these pilots, are in need of a susbstantial boost?

Eg Rey with reinforce action and expertise for offense would be a complete nightmare. Hell, why not pop countermeasures on there too. Fenn would be doing 1 damage at range one...

Edited by banjobenito

9 minutes ago, banjobenito said:

Why is everyone so keen to gift this action to the Ghost, Deci, Falcon, YV? Epic players will know very well how powerful this action is.

Do we really want Kanan, Chirpy , Rey and Bossk to be given a big survivability boost? Is the consensus really that these ships, these pilots, are in need of a susbstantial boost?

Eg Rey with reinforce action and expertise for offense would be a complete nightmare. Hell, why not pop countermeasures on there too. Fenn would be doing 1 damage at range one...

Depends. If Reinforcement will come into a 2 slots crew will be fine. Rey with no Finn+Kanan, Kanan with no focus generator etc..

Agree with banjobenito. Reinforce, from my point of view, is a great tool to enhance the chance of ships with several Ordnance slots but Agi 1. With the Punisher it is quite obvious that this is overcosted.

Add Reinforce Action. 180 degree. Fore or Aft. Very, very fun experience

Edited by Hexdot

I think evades are weird to begin with. They are effectively armor for ships that should be surviving by evading fire. For once we have a ship that is supposed to have armor that actually does have armor.

Disagree a little. Armor should be not one Action. I can't speak about this ship before release but IMHO to represent a ship with ultradense armor... Simply give her a Title. Add one Evade when rolling Defence dices. 

Armor is present or not. I can imagine a Wookie running with Loctite but... 

4 hours ago, Sciencius said:

Ysanne Isard is rarely played these times... perhaps her ability should be change to perform a reinforce action. (Importantly it should be an action so stress can shut it down.)  

I play her on Kenkirk pretty often. Great combo. ;)

6 minutes ago, SabineKey said:

Good to hear Kenkirk is still kicking. Keep meaning to go back to him, but keep getting sidetracked.

I'm thinking about trying Chirineau with Kylo crew. It is really hard for me to not choose Kenkirk with Isard though. One Agility and an evade every turn is amazing on a decimator.

4 hours ago, Kingsguard said:

I think evades are weird to begin with. They are effectively armor for ships that should be surviving by evading fire. For once we have a ship that is supposed to have armor that actually does have armor.

Evades are not armor, they are not getting shot to start with, or taking a glancing blow.

5 hours ago, Sciencius said:

Ysanne Isard is rarely played these times... perhaps her ability should be change to perform a reinforce action. (Importantly it should be an action so stress can shut it down.)  

Or get a new Imperial officer in the game.  There are plenty to go.

What, you mean drawing a line down the middle of each ship token?  Nah, that never would have worked.

This is likely the reason it will never actually happen.  FFG seems unlikely to reprint any thing. 

Edited by Darth Meanie

Just now, Engine25 said:

Just picture Wookiees hammering planks into the walls before they take fire. That image will make it worth it. 

It's force sensative wood like Kyber crystals, they pray and the wood gets tougher.  Or they used palmettos like the fort in old Charlestowne South Carolina, the cannonballs just sink in or bounce right off.

3 hours ago, Sir Orrin said:

I'm thinking about trying Chirineau with Kylo crew. It is really hard for me to not choose Kenkirk with Isard though. One Agility and an evade every turn is amazing on a decimator.

Not to derail, but do you favour the PTL/EU on Kenkirk for combat-round boosting, or LW? Interested to hear more about your Kenny build...

2 minutes ago, banjobenito said:

Not to derail, but do you favour the PTL/EU on Kenkirk for combat-round boosting, or LW? Interested to hear more about your Kenny build...

Hmmm, it's been awhile since I flew Kenkirk Whisper, I might have to do some digging.

It think that the way that FFG is handling Reinforce for Small and Large ships is well done. The are some ships that I think that it could be potentially problematic on (mainly ships with turrets and/or regen) but it should work well with all the different arc configurations that are currently in the game.

Ships with only a standard primary arc (and no turret) do get a large amount of coverage chosing "out of arc" but in doing so they are getting protection only against ships that they can't attack.

I wouldn't be surpised if the "in arc" reinforce covers nearly as much of the ship on ships with extra arcs. The amount of area covered by the "in arc" version of reinforce will be larger than it seems at first due to "in arc" being mutually exclusive and overriding "out of arc".  "In arc" is going to bigger by almost the base size of the attacker in practice.

Edited by WWHSD

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 3:33 PM, Sir Orrin said:

Is anyone else kind of annoyed that the wookie gunship is going to have the reinforce action? I didn't think coordinate on the Upsilon was bad at all, I think it fits. But reinforce, on a small base ship? Why not on the Ghost? the Decimator? Ships that are almost huge ships in their own right. I feel like the Wookie gunship could have had something else, reinforce just seems out-of place... :unsure:

Your thoughts?

-Orrin

The Decimator and Ghost aren't balanced around reinforce.

Kanan already has a sort of super-reinforce for your entire list as long as you meet the criteria for triggering his ability.

I think FFG wants to introduce new game mechanics/port them from epic on new ships as opposed to allowing them as new upgrades where they could be exploited. What is essentially a B-Wing with Reinforce is fine, allowing it on a Falcon or Decimator or Ghost would be a huge problem.

Edited by Turbo Toker

21 hours ago, Kingsguard said:

As it has been mention before Evades are not hit points. Now sure they can cancel a hit but the entire point is to lower the amount of hits from an attack not the damage from an attack. Despite all the hate TLT has they have made evades clearly different from say a shield token. There is a difference between green defense (agility), blue defense (mitigation) and yellow defense (hit points). Agility is different than regenerative shields. Agility counters attack, shields counters damage.

On 01/04/2017 at 11:01 PM, Sir Orrin said:

But why does only this one ship have "thematic" shield delfectors? Also, I don't have a problem with a shield, mechanic, I'm just sort of bummed they took something unique to epic ships, I thought of the reinforce action as a "Divert all power to the foreward shields" kind of thing.

Shield management is something that was simply abstracted in the game. All shields also regenerate but for the most part in the timeframe of the game it's irrelevant. FFG decided only heroic actions can get shields back in a dogfight timeframe otherwise there would be a balance flaw vs. almost all the Imperial ships at the time.

Defensive actions such as Evade could also be considered as shield management. The R3 already does this in a terrible way. Again, it's only an abstraction and an Evade is not a shield. With Reinforce you are diverting power to the shields, not storing it as shield energy and whatever is not used against an attack is wasted. Or, you could be optimising the shields or whatever you have left of the shields to deal with attack damage more efficiently.

That the Aussie Truck has the Reinforce function is no surprise. Wookiees are in fact extremely intelligent... in terms of industry, Kashyyk is like Space South Korea without the concrete. It's no coincidence that Chewbacca will shrug off a crit and give you a shield back.

On 02/04/2017 at 0:48 AM, Sir Orrin said:

The only reason I don't like it is that I feel like Jamming comms, Reinforcing shields, Mass regeneration of shields, etc, seemed like huge abilites that these huge ships were capable of doing. That's what makes them stand out. Not even rebel regen lists can regen 4+ shields, but the Gozanti can because it's a massive ship.

With the C-ROC, Scum can now regen ALL THE SHIELDS with Pulsed Ray Shielding. Sure, it's just one shield but there you go.

Edited by Lampyridae