Sign in to follow this  
piznit

Green Dice failed me, but EPT luck saves the day!

Just to see how it played, I got a game in last night and proxied Genesis Red.  I decided to go Light Syck and add Determination to *really* try my luck.  First pass against an X/7 Ryad who tokened up, I was able to take my TL, then get both a focus and evade from his ability.  Green dice failed like a champ, burned my evade token, and the damage that got through was flipped over and was a Pilot card.  Next pass 2 turns later, same actions and tokens, but 2 damage pushed through, and I got 2 more pilot cards.  Hooray for sheer dumb luck, drawing 3 out of 8 cards that would actually work!  After that I actually rolled pretty good with my greens, the TL pilot ability didn't do much else on other targets except the occasional focus token. 

Im not entirely sold on the new Syck pilots, I still want to try out Sunny.  Quinn Jast just seems too expensive since you have to add the heavy title, then a Procket.  If you even put a 1 pt ept like CS youre at 24 points.  But the 18 points for Genesis was fun, probably more so because Determination was actually useful.  Just thought Id share :)

I've been using Determination a bit recently and so have some of my opponents.  Too many people laying Kylo :(

I was runnign Determination and Greedo on Bossk, and he saved me a few HP, but my favourite bit was against one opponent running brobots... Forced a crit through, dealt 3 damage, which would have killed him.  But greedo flips the first one face up and it's a pilot crit.  Next round, just snuck one hit through.  Same thing.  Round after that... same thing.  Greedo gave my opponent's brobot 3 extra hit points and turned what should have been pretty much a walkover (I had double tractor from ketsu on him and shot him with fully modded cluster missiles which I then would have regained with Crane after PS killing him in the first engagement) into a close-run thing.

Stop helping me, stupid rodian.

1 hour ago, thespaceinvader said:

Greedo gave my opponent's brobot 3 extra hit points and turned what should have been pretty much a walkover (I had double tractor from ketsu on him and shot him with fully modded cluster missiles which I then would have regained with Crane after PS killing him in the first engagement) into a close-run thing.

This is why (one reason, anyway) AdvS is the better Brobots build.  I have a buddy who plays Super-Bossk with Clusters, and he simply can't get a shot on my Brobots, in-arc.  (If he's going to do so, I pre-Boost and bump him.)