Sadgit

The Shadow Rune Project

34 posts in this topic

Hi question from an Idiot, sorry can I download this onto my IPad as that's where I have the RtL app. If so how plz as it wants to put it in Dropbox which says it's full? Sorry to waist your time. It's a great idea and game. Looking forward to hearing from you.

No you cannot run this on an iPad. Currently supports windows, Macos, Linux. Android support is planned.

On 2017-4-25 at 10:50 PM, BruceLGL said:

It supports it now.  We also extract the Localization.txt from the official app.  For MoM this means we have lots of languages, but not D2E.  Do you think I could include your translations in Valkyrie?  I might have to strip the english translations so that I am not publishing that.

Sorry I read the last part of your message today, and I don't know how you use in valkyrie the official text to answer you. I see in valkyrie the localization.txt, but is small and already translated into many languages. I know that you read the files of the official app installed, and our translation is simply to overwrite each English text for the Spanish text, and use overwrite the original files of the app. This means that if valkyrie directly reads the localization.txt file from anyone who has my translation, the texts that appear there will be translated automatically. But I don't know how valkyrie works. The most important text to translate is the activation monsters, valkyrie use the official activiations, or do you need to be specified in each adventure what they are?

Anyway, I'm sure that if you could introduce the MoM multilanguage, when the official translation of D2E is finished, you woudl be able to make the same for D2E.

I tried the campaign support and is amazing. Good work, whit this we could make a lot of beautiful things.

As I said, I want to translate your work into spanish, but I want to know if the valkyrie campaigns, could support multi-language on the future because one month ago when we tried to create a new map, or campaign, I could see one input box to introduce the text of an event, monster activation, etc. But I couldn't see another "input box" to select or introduce the language of this text, or an "input box" to possible translations of one text into another languages. I think with this type of input boxes, is the best way to make one proyect in a lot of languages, because with one unique adventure,its possible to have it in infinite languages.

I want to know if this type of input boxes would be able to be available in the future, because whit it, we could be translate any adventure you make, and if not, we'll always could translate overwriting English version and we'll make two/three/four/... versions of each adventure, one for each language. Now I have the first blood spanish version complete, but I think have each version to each language of each adventure is very cumbersome, and when there are many adventures, it'll be chaos.

I wait your answer soon, and thank you very much for your incredible work =D

Jorge

> I see in valkyrie the localization.txt, but is small and already translated into many languages.

This is for the bits that aren't included in FFG and aren't quest specific.

>  I know that you read the files of the official app installed, and our translation is simply to overwrite each English text for the Spanish text, and use overwrite the original files of the app. This means that if valkyrie directly reads the localization.txt file from anyone who has my translation, the texts that appear there will be translated automatically.

Yep, this should work

> But I don't know how valkyrie works. The most important text to translate is the activation monsters, valkyrie use the official activiations, or do you need to be specified in each adventure what they are?

Valkyrie uses the official text.  Have a look here:

valkyrie_Data\content\D2E\ffg\text\Localization.txt

After an import you will find this is the data from the FFG app.  You could replace it with yours but we can go one step further.  If you opened it you will notice it looks like this:

> KEY,English,Spanish,French,German,Italian,Portuguese,Polish,Japanese,Chinese,Czech

> Q_QUEST_SEARCH_X,You have found something to search!

If you were to replace this with :

> KEY,English,Spanish,French,German,Italian,Portuguese,Polish,Japanese,Chinese,Czech

> Q_QUEST_SEARCH_X,You have found something to search!,¡Has encontrado algo para buscar!,

Then it will pick the Spanish if you set that in your Valkyrie settings.  You can also try importing the MoM text to see how that works.  In the case above because (for example) German is missing it will fall back to English.

Anyway, I'm sure that if you could introduce the MoM multilanguage, when the official translation of D2E is finished, you woudl be able to make the same for D2E.

Yes, this should Just Work as is if/when this happens.

> As I said, I want to translate your work into spanish, but I want to know if the valkyrie campaigns, could support multi-language on the future because one month ago when we tried to create a new map, or campaign, I could see one input box to introduce the text of an event, monster activation, etc. But I couldn't see another "input box" to select or introduce the language of this text, or an "input box" to possible translations of one text into another languages. I think with this type of input boxes, is the best way to make one proyect in a lot of languages, because with one unique adventure,its possible to have it in infinite languages.

There is one input box which will enter text in your current language.  You can change the language and the text will show the default language text and if you edit it it will save as the current language setting.  So if you set to Spanish and open an English quests all of your text edits will save for Spanish only.  Typically though you wouldn't do this, you would just directly edit the Localization file for each quest.  A month ago it followed the same format as above (one file for all languages).  To make it easier to manage this is now split into Localization.English.txt, Localization.Spanish.txt, etc.  So you can copy the english file and modify.  You can look at the MoM scenarios for examples that are available in English, Spanish and German.  The quest.ini defines the default language which will be used if the current language isn't available (defaultlanguage=English).

> I want to know if this type of input boxes would be able to be available in the future, because whit it, we could be translate any adventure you make, 

Not planning to,  either just set your language or edit the text files directly.

> and if not, we'll always could translate overwriting English version and we'll make two/three/four/... versions of each adventure, one for each language. Now I have the first blood spanish version complete, but I think have each version to each language of each adventure is very cumbersome, and when there are many adventures, it'll be chaos.

I agree that is the wrong solution.  If you have a spanish Localization file just send it over and I'll include it.  Note that you should work with the Shadow Rune guys if they make changes.

> I wait your answer soon, and thank you very much for your incredible work =D

No problem, hope that answers everything.

PS: I am a lazy English speaker, so the Localization is thanks to the hard work of some MoM contributors (special mention to eorahil).

18 hours ago, BruceLGL said:

There is one input box which will enter text in your current language.  You can change the language and the text will show the default language text and if you edit it it will save as the current language setting.  So if you set to Spanish and open an English quests all of your text edits will save for Spanish only.  Typically though you wouldn't do this, you would just directly edit the Localization file for each quest.  A month ago it followed the same format as above (one file for all languages).  To make it easier to manage this is now split into Localization.English.txt, Localization.Spanish.txt, etc.  So you can copy the english file and modify.  You can look at the MoM scenarios for examples that are available in English, Spanish and German.  The quest.ini defines the default language which will be used if the current language isn't available (defaultlanguage=English).

This is Amazing! I didn't know it. And... does the title works too?  How can I upload my translations when I have it 100% finished?

> And... does the title works too?

If you mean the quest title yes, including download and quest editor pages.

> How can I upload my translations when I have it 100% finished?

You could raise an issue here:

https://github.com/NPBruce/valkyrie/issues

I can add it, but I would prefer you go through the Shadow Rune guys as it isn't mine to change.  They just send me updates and I add them to the download page.

I would like to get a copy of your Localization file though, so I can include it as standard with Valkyrie if that is OK?

if you want I could send you, but, the localization file of our translation is only spanish, the oficial app don't support language change, and we make a localization file for enlgish language with all in spanish.

I just finished The Cardinal's Plight as I did it an experiment (not seeing this thread before). Was a lot easier than I thought it would be or at least this quest didn't seem too hard to program. I have not tested the scenario and I'm sure there are plenty of typos, but will get it uploaded this week so that others can play and provide feedback.