nickv2002

Next map in rotation is Jabba’s Palace (Starts April 12th)

• Trap-door seems interesting.  It's only 1-way which will matter of course. Can push opponents figures in with something like Chopper, Force Push, or Onar.
  • Seems a bit light on Objective points particularly with the lethality so high thanks to the recently introduced Hunter Cards... 2-4 VP drips don't matter much if the game ends in 3 rounds.
  • The deployment zones are very close (8 spaces, direct LoS) if both players open their doors (which they might want to do to rush to the trap door).
  • Jabba fits in the back nook of both deployment zones fine but is not completely free from LoS attacks from outside the starting areas.
  • Blue-side is 4 away from terminal so C-3PO can't stand on it and Focus (without help).  Red side is only 3 away but more confined.
  • Hera pushes figures out by one after deployment so could be useful to stand next to the door to open without using an action (also fixes the aforementioned 3PO problem)
Edited by nickv2002

Take that, ranger lists! ? 

But overall this looks fun. No idea how I'll play it yet. Not sure if I'll want to swing around to the bottom or open the door and charge. I suppose it will depend on the mission and the list, but that eight space separation is dauntingly slight. 

-ryanjamal 

This is a slight tangent but I am starting to get frustrated with the Map Rotation now.

This is very much first world problems but I like to play on the print on demand Skirmish maps.

I also live in Canada...

I also work part time in a gaming store...

Tomorrow I will be creating an entry in our system for the inevitable Jabba's Palace map and the start letting people know we will be taking pre-orders for it.

We also contact Lion Rampant as they have exclusive distribution for FFG in Canada and let them know that FFG will be announcing a product soon, it's time sensitive because of the Map Rotation but we have players who would like them.

Still waiting for the Ancorhead Cantina maps to be in stock!

i now have to say to my IA community you know that Pre-Order you put in for the new map, I know it's not here yet but would you like to order the next one as well?

Its messed up!

sorry, rant over.

5 hours ago, ryanjamal said:

This map is actually not all that bad for rangers... If I were facing rangers behind the enemy doors (covered with 2 cheap pieces) I would definately not open my own door as they can easily make the range to my deployment zone.
So rangers actually make it hard for the other side to goto the rancor pit.
The fact that you can get to the pit in 1 move is not relevant: you simply can't space your guys in your deployment zone in a way that prevents the rangers from hitting you and still have good options for your whole team. (You can put some out of harms way, but probably not all or they will be far in the back and useless.

It is a very interesting map and probably less straight forward than anything else so far, as the middle has so many nooks and crannies that everyone has their own way to position.
Definately a map that rewards a lot of practice!

I've played this map a couple of times with both objectives, and last night, our Thursday gaming group started to talk about this map.  To us it seems Imperial Jet Troopers will almost become mandatory due to the center of the map and how they can skip past it and run back.  Out Merc player pretty much thinks eGams are useless on this map and he will have to swap his list up for Worlds. 

Our group agreed that the Red deployment zone is the best deployment zone, though how much stronger is still up to debate.

10 minutes ago, DerangedShadow said:

Our Merc player pretty much thinks eGams are useless on this map and he will have to swap his list up for Worlds.

I would be curious to hear more thoughts on why ePigs might be unplayable on this map. I haven't had the opportunity to count spaces on anything like that yet, but it feels like melee would be strong on this map with the short distance between zones.

1 hour ago, Smashotron said:

I would be curious to hear more thoughts on why ePigs might be unplayable on this map. I haven't had the opportunity to count spaces on anything like that yet, but it feels like melee would be strong on this map with the short distance between zones.

The only good place is around the Jabba statue in the middle.  Other than that, you have to open the doors, and even then the eGams still have to double move to cross, potentially only a single move if the opponent has moved a significant distance from their deployment zone.  Followed by the long hallways which play into the hands of other units, the HK's like he is thinking of swapping into.

It was just a discussion we had and we will definitely be play testing the map more before worlds.

21 minutes ago, robertpolson said:

What is the deal with the neutral tokens? Why would anyone want to step into one?

They are right in front of jabba's dais and represent the trap door to the rancor pit. When you enter one of the two spaces you suffer a strain and "fall" to the closest spot by the rebel mission token in the rancor pit. Depending on the mission there are objectives in the rancor pit. Gotta think thematic ;)

23 minutes ago, robertpolson said:

What is the deal with the neutral tokens? Why would anyone want to step into one?

As a quick teleport to more objective tokens (crates or imp mission tokens depending on the mission).

From Reddit forum.

I move my Rancor onto one of the neutral mission tokens. Now for the map it says when a figure enters the space of one of these tokens they are moved to the Rebel token and suffer a strain. So I proceeded to do that with the Rancor. Now I'm wondering.. is that correct? Is it any sized/type of unit? I assumed it wouldn't matter... but it just looked really goofy

Thematically this does not make sense and perhaps only a figure that can fit one or two tokens can squeeze in but the map does not mention any restrictions.

23 hours ago, ryanjamal said:

But overall this looks fun. No idea how I'll play it yet. Not sure if I'll want to swing around to the bottom or open the door and charge. I suppose it will depend on the mission and the list, but that eight space separation is dauntingly slight. 

-ryanjamal 

Never once have I played against you where you didn't open a door round one. I see through your lies! :lol:

7 minutes ago, Brigadierblu said:

Never once have I played against you where you didn't open a door round one. I see through your lies! :lol:

Ha ha, I know, right? It's just so tempting with my Rebel melee smashers to charge straight at you. But normally I can't be shot so easily in my deployment zone. We'll see :-)