gamblertuba

What would it take to bring the Firespray out on the table more?

I think the blanket ability to change a bank into a turn would be nice, and give it a discount on secondaries while allowing them to fire out the aux arc

Come up with a couple upgrades that pull this off and you're golden 

It needs a title card that makes it as good as the jumpmaster which is a super cheap swiss army knife. it blocks. its got crew. its got mutliple ordnance slots, its generic is pilot is one of the best blockers. it barrel rolls. so yeah giving it a few of these options would go a long way.

I've always thought that the Slave 1 title should do more. Boba Fetts ship was heavily modified so while yes a proton torpedo launcher was added after the fact (the slave 1 card addresses this) but I think it should also add a system slot and maybe a barrel roll action. Something to show how heavily modified Slave 1 is while at the same time not being super OP.

I'd also like to see an illicit version of daredevil that's a discard so we can get those 1 banks when needed. But it's not an action and just assigns a stress when used no damage dice rolls.

Edited by Phoenix5454

5 minutes ago, Phoenix5454 said:

I've always thought that the Slave 1 title should do more. Boba Fetts ship was heavily modified so while yes a proton torpedo launcher was added after the fact (the slave 1 card addresses this) but I think it should also add a system slot and maybe a barrel roll action. Something to show how heavily modified Slave 1 is while at the same time not being super OP.

I'd also like to see an illicit version of daredevil that's a discard so we can get those 1 banks when needed. But it's not an action and just assigns a stress when used no damage dice rolls.

Good example of feature-creep.  It's just an old ship and it shares a spot with the original Millenium Falcon as the oldest title.  Both titles would look very different if the ships were released today.

1 hour ago, gamblertuba said:

Good example of feature-creep.  It's just an old ship and it shares a spot with the original Millenium Falcon as the oldest title.  Both titles would look very different if the ships were released today.

They did release the Falcon today, and it's title was very different.

I dunno, firesprays are pretty ok as is, the back arc is fantastic on large ships and with engine upgrade or stealth device it actually becomes pretty hard to hit at times. The lancer is somewhat better, but I can't say they are awful.

The dial is 'above average', the pilots have 'ok' abilities, and it lacks native reposition but gets evade.  That means it 'sucks', according to Acewing.  Oh and no speed one turns, so it can't 'knife fight'.  Huh?

I'm pretty sure most folks just don't use the strengths because it is an unusual ship.  And the ship IS to scale.  If the model had a transparent canopy you would be able to see easily, not to mention the scenes in ESB where Han is being loaded show the scale, it's big.

4 hours ago, thespaceinvader said:

•Moldy Crow

•ST-321

•Outrider

•Dauntless

•Virago

•Hound's Tooth

•Punishing One

•Mist Hunter

•Millennium Falcon (HOR)

•Havoc

I really love this idea, especially only allowing Unique Titles (I share the same concerns that brokenness is just around the corner with non-Unique).

Moldy Crow is cool.
ST-321 is just an overpriced LRS.
Outrider is boring because it doesn't do anything special on a different ship.
Dauntless is OK.
Virago is cool, would definitely try FCS and Glitterstim.
Hound's Tooth is funny.
Punishing One is probably overpriced, but that's fine.
Mist Hunter sounds awesome.
Millennium Falcon sounds OK, I would believe the Firespray can sloop.
Havoc sounds good; I don't think it really makes the Virago look overpriced, since it's a 1-point difference and Virago doesn't make you give up a slot.

Anyway, I fully support this idea!

I'd add the following to both titles, in addition to their previous effects:

Slave-1 - You may equip SMALL SHIP ONLY upgrades.

This opens things up for the Firespray to take Vectored Thrusters and Juke.

Andrasta - If you equip a Bomb upgrade, it's squad point cost is reduced by 2 (to a minimum of 0).

This takes the sting out of being restricted from Extra Munitions and all the small-ship mods that Slave-1 gets.

5 minutes ago, PhantomFO said:

I'd add the following to both titles, in addition to their previous effects:

Slave-1 - You may equip SMALL SHIP ONLY upgrades.

This opens things up for the Firespray to take Vectored Thrusters and Juke.

Andrasta - If you equip a Bomb upgrade, it's squad point cost is reduced by 2 (to a minimum of 0).

This takes the sting out of being restricted from Extra Munitions and all the small-ship mods that Slave-1 gets.

Don't forget large ship cloak with that title!

7 hours ago, Shenannigan said:

prison patrol ship

title. 0 points. 

Your action bar gains the boost icon. When boosting you may use the hard 1 template. 

This would it. 

Perfect fix. Would make the firespray worthwhile without breaking it. 

Scum Kath would be lots of fun. 

31-Prototype

Firepray Only. Title

Squad point cost -2

Your upgrade bar gains 1 EPT upgrade icon. You cannot equip 2 of the same EPT upgrades. You cannot equip this if your pilot skill is "2" or lower.

Imperial Boba could be Predator + Expertise + Tail Gunner + EU for 50pts.

Oh man, had a great convo with a local player the other day about this. A few points:

• A title like the U-Wing: Increased agility/flip for 0 speed .
  • A title that let it use another dial.  (Aggressor?)
  • A title that gave it barrel roll.
  • Or some combo of the three.

No need for any of them to have a cost. Firespray is overcosted as-is, these may help make it worth the points.