gamblertuba

What would it take to bring the Firespray out on the table more?

I have been a part of the Cult of the Fett since 1980 or so.  Love the Firespray but have never been able to make it work on the table.  Lancer-class just plain outclasses it.  The addition of Jabba made me wonder if an extra crew seat would be a useful addition to the one of the oddest looking ships in any galaxy.  Fluff-wise (and spatial reasoning-wise) there isn't much reason to restrict the Firespray to only 1 crew.  Scum have so many good crew options as well.  If a Palp-Spray seems too crazy, just make it scum only.  Not sure what slot to put it in.

What would help the Firespray the most?

1. An extra crew slot.
  2. The ability to ignore small-ship only limitations.
  3. More green maneuvers.
  4. Nonsense, it's a perfectly fine ship...  fly better... kids today don't know how good they have it...  the tournament scene is killing x-wing...   just fly for fun...  mumble mumble crutch nerf etc. etc....

Boy, not to advocate red die creep (but here I go) a 4 die attack would make it more attractive.

1.  Not a bad idea.

2.  Bad idea.  Mostly because I think rules should not be exempted if possible.

3.  That would be nice.

4.  I love flying Kath.  It's perfectly fine and fun. . . the tournament scene is killing x-wing *cough* *cough*

One of the coolest ideas I saw floating around was something like this:

Prisoner Transport: (Dual Card - Title - Firespray only)

Imperial Side:

You may equip one 'scum only' crew card without paying its point value. You may not equip a card over 4 points. You may equip an additional crew card, paying its value as normal. 

And the reverse for the Scum 'sprays.

This gives Imperial Firesprays their choice of the best Scum crew cards for free. Dengar, Latts, 4-LOM or K4. A combination of Latts/Rebel Captive on Imperial Kath is probably pretty tanky. Kallus/Dengar on Imperial Boba would also be nice. Hell, even Outlaw Tech is nice when its free. 

Scum 'sprays would appreciate Kallus or Ysanne Isaard. I could see fleet officer helping in a joust build.

Perhaps a little too strong, but still flavorsome. 

Edited by Bonza

I fly Imp Boba with PTL, Isard and Engine.

That extra manoeuvrability from the in-combat boost is insanely effective. Not to mention the action economy.

Those are the 2 things the Firespray lacks.

I would also like a Firespray only cannon that can be fired from the aux arc.

Better dial and extra crew slot would be awesome but there's no way to give it a better dial now and the extra crew slot would have to be an errata to the slave 1 title or a new title or modification... even tho Fetts ship has three seats already...

This is going to sound weird and this thoroughly applies only to my local meta, but what the Firespray needs is my case is for the meta to shift a tiny bit more away from arc-dodging (weird, right?).  My local meta is still living in the golden age of hyper manoeuverability, PS bid and arc-dodging.  The Firespray is not a bad ship, but it does suffer from a vulnerability to those.  The Shadow Caster, however, simply does not care.  I just set it up in a corner, put the turret towards the relevant side and for most of the game, arc dodging it is simply impossible.

Recently, I have been abusing Ventress combined with quadjumpers with tractor beam to punish lists that include 3 arc-dodgers.  Once my meta has shifted sufficiently (to other Scums, Rebels and heck, swarms) then I'll shift my tactic accordingly... and maybe use my Firesprays again!  I'm looking forward to that day!

3 minutes ago, Phoenix5454 said:

Better dial and extra crew slot would be awesome but there's no way to give it a better dial now and the extra crew slot would have to be an errata to the slave 1 title or a new title or modification... even tho Fetts ship has three seats already...

Dial can be fixed by text.  Treat all _____ maneuvers as green maneuvers.  Banks, speed 2, something.  I'd suggest a Firespray only illicit that allows another illicit to be equipped.  (Like the snuggling compartment)

An interesting and probably wrong thought: can Jabba be used to bring the Scum 'spray onto the table?  Specifically, getting two rounds of Burnout SLAM on Emon to drop two action bombs in a less predictable array of places than even the K Wing can manage?

Trouble is I guess that this combo of ships (probably Emon and Bossk) goes a little limp once the bombs are spent, and you don't get many...

FAQ the Slave One title to add B-roll and Illicit slot.

Stablizer Fins mod that works opposite of YV-666 Manuevering fins to help poor Imp Fett.

Firespray-only mod that gives boost and allows second mod of cost 3 or lower.  Yes this allows AT, don't you think this ship needs it?

Frozen Bounty crew upgrade that acts like Rebel Captive and that allows for additional crew upgrade of cost 3 or lower

38 minutes ago, gamblertuba said:

Dial can be fixed by text.  Treat all _____ maneuvers as green maneuvers.  Banks, speed 2, something.  I'd suggest a Firespray only illicit that allows another illicit to be equipped.  (Like the snuggling compartment)

Equip Rey and Finn without paying their point cost.

Slave 1 also adds Illicit (if you don't already have one)

Firespray only mod, adds 2 system slots

Firespray only system, at the start of the combat phase, if there are no enemy ships in your firing arc at range 1-3 you may perform a free boost or barrel roll action.

Mod: Faked Transponder Codes: Unique, 2 points, Firespray only.  You may equip any Title upgrade to this ship, paying any cost that upgrade may have, and ignoring any restrictions.  Treat any negative cost as costing 0 points.

Outrider Firespray?  Yeah.  Barrel Rolling Mist Hunter Firespray? Yeah.  Special Ops firespray?  YEAH.  Adaptive Ailerons Firespray? OMG yeah.  IG2000 firespray?  HECK YEAH.  X1 systems firespray, v1 TL Evade firespray, all the yeah.

I actually think that might be pretty balanced at the moment.  But it would be HUGELY at risk of becoming broken by new titles.

Edited by thespaceinvader

7 minutes ago, Stevey86 said:

Slave 1 also adds Illicit (if you don't already have one)

Firespray only mod, adds 2 system slots

Firespray only system, at the start of the combat phase, if there are no enemy ships in your firing arc at range 1-3 you may perform a free boost or barrel roll action.

The last one is just insanely powerful and broken. You would never have to worry about being arc dodged or dialing in the wrong maneuver. Firesprays are a little behind the curve but not that much. 

3 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Mod: Faked Transponder Codes: Unique, 2 points, Firespray only.  You may equip any Title upgrade to this ship, paying any cost that upgrade may have, and ignoring any restrictions.  Treat any negative cost as costing 0 points.

Outrider Firespray?  Yeah.  Barrel Rolling Mist Hunter Firespray? Yeah.  Special Ops firespray?  YEAH.  Adaptive Ailerons Firespray? OMG yeah.  IG2000 firespray?  HECK YEAH.  X1 systems firespray, v1 TL Evade firespray, all the yeah.

I actually think that might be pretty balanced at the moment.  But it would be HUGELY at risk of becoming broken by new titles.

Only Unique Titles.  More thematic.  Watch out, ST-321 Firespray is a monster!

5 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

ARC-170 Firespray.