Sign in to follow this  
weisguy119

I think it's safe to say we're never getting the Star Jewel

Well, the Minstrel class appeared in a canon comic, and it is precisely the rough scale for the big, two card epic ships. It also would have several titles available to it (Such as Dragon Pearl and Star Jewel), and has a lot of the classic EU integration - and it's entirely possible that it could appear in the Han Solo film, since that will govern several years of time (And in AC Crispin's Han Solo Trilogy which would be the sector to pull Legends inspiration from, Han piloted Star Jewel a couple of times) and show his smuggling career working with Jabba. So, no reason to hold out it wouldn't appear. 

Crusader-class corvettes do have the right "role" to match say, the way the Raider is appointed, but they don't have a strong lore, we have no hard numbers on their length and other than being crawling in broadside lasers and turreted mounts (So, some hard points and a decent primary) there's not really that much interesting to do with them. Maybe a good vessel for a "point defense laser" which could give nearby ships some protection against ordnance (I know that that's a little scarier in epic) but not much else. 

1 hour ago, UnitOmega said:

Well, the Minstrel class appeared in a canon comic, and it is precisely the rough scale for the big, two card epic ships. It also would have several titles available to it (Such as Dragon Pearl and Star Jewel), and has a lot of the classic EU integration - and it's entirely possible that it could appear in the Han Solo film, since that will govern several years of time (And in AC Crispin's Han Solo Trilogy which would be the sector to pull Legends inspiration from, Han piloted Star Jewel a couple of times) and show his smuggling career working with Jabba. So, no reason to hold out it wouldn't appear. 

Crusader-class corvettes do have the right "role" to match say, the way the Raider is appointed, but they don't have a strong lore, we have no hard numbers on their length and other than being crawling in broadside lasers and turreted mounts (So, some hard points and a decent primary) there's not really that much interesting to do with them. Maybe a good vessel for a "point defense laser" which could give nearby ships some protection against ordnance (I know that that's a little scarier in epic) but not much else. 

The crusader I'd probably make similar to the tantive.  Broadside arcs with hard points on both sections, possibly a PWT as well (since it has single dorsal and ventral arcs according to wookiepedia in addition to all the broadside stuff)

6 hours ago, weisguy119 said:

If Jabba has to hitch a ride with Azmorigan just to get into the game, I'm pretty sure we're never getting his ship.  It's not like he pilots anything himself, so we're not getting a Jabba pilot card with a Star Jewel release.

Never Say Never is the new Fly Casual. There's no reason we can't have two versions of a Jabba crew upgrade.

21 minutes ago, DagobahDave said:

Never Say Never is the new Fly Casual. There's no reason we can't have two versions of a Jabba crew upgrade.

Yeah, the Jabba actually meant for standard that puts the Death Mark Condition on a ship that causes all damage cards to be face up as well as all friendly ships rolling an extra red die when attacking that ship and causing that ship to count double squad points when calculating scores.

12 minutes ago, GrimmyV said:

Yeah, the Jabba actually meant for standard that puts the Death Mark Condition on a ship that causes all damage cards to be face up as well as all friendly ships rolling an extra red die when attacking that ship and causing that ship to count double squad points when calculating scores.

Ha! If only he had been a broken must-have upgrade that forces every competitive player to buy a $50+ expansion, like Leia and Han crew!

1 minute ago, VanderLegion said:

Han at least saw some use for a while after the ghost ame out

Jabba is probably better than both of them, really. He has potential to become more useful as new illicits are released, which is better than being overpowered from the start. But if he sees limited use, that's okay. Many of the iconic characters from the original trilogy are scarce.

Just now, Odanan said:

That was... random? 

PS: but we from the Cult of Gunboat appreciate your enthusiasm, acolyte. Here, take a cookie Twi'lek slave dancer.

It was in response to otherwise loyal imperials almost losing hope for the Aggressor just for it to appear and be everything they wished for and more.  This episode should give all good pilots the hope to carry on till the inevitable day of the advent of GUNBOAT.

10 hours ago, weisguy119 said:

If Jabba has to hitch a ride with Azmorigan just to get into the game, I'm pretty sure we're never getting his ship.  It's not like he pilots anything himself, so we're not getting a Jabba pilot card with a Star Jewel release.

Never say never, we didn't get all crew upgrades in the same set as the pilot cards. 

Vader came with the shuttle 

Boba Fet with punishing one

Han Solo with tantive

etc

etc

there is no reason why we would not get Star Jewel because they already released Jabba crew.

3 hours ago, Crabbok said:

Never say never.   That can always do multiple versions of the same crew.    They did it for pilots.  

Jabba as a 'Team' upgrade (representing him and his entourage), with a different ability. 

That way, you could have named members of his followers as new crew. 

- - - - -

Of course, you could just release Star Jewel without him, to spawn a whole slew of complaints like:

"I just bought Star Jewel, and you're telling me I now have to buy a C-ROC in order to put Jabba into Jabba's own yacht?! - Awww, come on, what a scam!!"

36 minutes ago, tsondaboy said:

Never say never, we didn't get all crew upgrades in the same set as the pilot cards. 

Vader came with the shuttle 

Boba Fet with punishing one

Han Solo with tantive

etc

etc

there is no reason why we would not get Star Jewel because they already released Jabba crew.

So far none of the scum ships have unique pilots. And Janna I'm self isn't a pilot, so wouldn't be one for the star jewel regardless.   He could be a "team" as suggested above

Star Jewel would be but one title - given the usual tactic for Epic ships is to present three. Sure, Broken Horn and Merchant One are represented in the C-ROC, but what's the third one from? As far as I know, there's no particular character who represents a crewman of the "Insatiable Worrt".

Would've liked him if he was 2-3 pts, come to think of it.

He becomes EM that scales like crazy... but he does that anyway. It's a nonlinear upgrade that really charges by the hull. A couple points won't make a darn bit of difference in Epic... but they sure matter in standard. And in standard, there's just not that many slots out there.