Epixca

Jabba?

I dont yet. In epic maybe, because value. But unless we get a shuttle/u wing we wont be able to get enough other stuff to make it trualy be worth it.

Ilicit upgrades are realy meh and i dont realy think there worth stacking up on. Maybe a party buss shadow caster and the caster has buckets of glutter stim or something but then your spending 5 pts to get another 4 pts of stim. Its just not worth it

I think it'll definitely be worth it if you build around it. As others have mentioned the Z-95 mini swarm probably gets the most mileage out of it, or a YV/Shadowcaster build. It'll be situational but effective.

I'm sure there's some combo with it lurking in the future that'll make Jabba really shine. 

Or for something really stupid:

Trandoshan Slaver (29)

• Jabba (5)
  • Dengar (3)
  • Inertial Dampeners (1)
  • Anti-Pursuit Lasers (2)

Contracted Scout (25) x2

• Trick Shot (0)
  • K4 Security Droid (3)
  • Unhinged Astromech (1)
  • Rigged Cargo Chute (1)

Just throw a bunch of obstacles all over the place and have a couple of Jumps that don't really care about losing their actions.

Makes me wonder if Old Luke Skywalker will a) get into a starship in The Last Jedi and, if so, b) get his own 2 crew slot card.

I think this new Jabba card is great. By that I mean it's strong, but situational. It allows some new interesting things, but doesn't change the game in such a way that I'd expect everyone would now be building Jabba lists or counter-Jabba lists. 

Does the Kihraxz make a tremendous jousting platform? Nope. But I'm still very interested in the raw versatility offered here by Cikatro; you're essentially getting three free glitterstim on those Kihraxz, with the versatility to then situationally equip any illicit except for hotshot that might fit the moment. 

If nothing else, this is extreme jank.  

"Jankka The Hut"

Trandoshan Slaver — YV-666 29
Jabba the Hutt 5
Cikatro Vizago 0
Ship Total: 34

Cartel Marauder — Kihraxz Fighter 20
Glitterstim 2
Ship Total: 22

Glitterstim 2

Glitterstim 2

Edited by FisherSpassky

3 hours ago, FisherSpassky said:

Does the Kihraxz make a tremendous jousting platform? Nope. But I'm still very interested in the raw versatility offered here by Cikatro; you're essentially getting three free glitterstim on those Kihraxz, with the versatility to then situationally equip any illicit except for hotshot that might fit the moment. 

If nothing else, this is extreme jank.  

"Jankka The Hut"

Trandoshan Slaver — YV-666 29
Jabba the Hutt 5
Cikatro Vizago 0
Ship Total: 34

Glitterstim 2

Glitterstim 2

Glitterstim 2

Why cikarto? You have no illicit equipped to the slaver

Kath Scarlet (Scum) (38)
Expertise (4)
Dengar (3)
"Hot Shot" Blaster (3)
Engine Upgrade (4)

Bossk (35)
Expertise (4)
Jabba the Hutt (5)
Inspiring Recruit (1)
"Hot Shot" Blaster (3)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

No blind spots for either ship, which are the ship's weakness. Meh, not bad. Kinda like it. 6pts worth of extra Illicit for 5pts of crew. Kinda evens out and shores up some weak spots on the ships.

I believe FFG will already have Waves 12 and 13 on the drawing board, which may bode well for future Scum crew carriers if Jabba is anything to go by. I am guessing we may see one or two more 2+ crew slot big ships coming to the Scum space near you.

4 minutes ago, Archangelspiv said:

I believe FFG will already have Waves 12 and 13 on the drawing board, which may bode well for future Scum crew carriers if Jabba is anything to go by. I am guessing we may see one or two more 2+ crew slot big ships coming to the Scum space near you.

12 is probably close to finalising*, 13 will be on the drawing board.

*the exception being material from TLJ which they might not have yet

3 hours ago, Archangelspiv said:

All I know is FFG will be walking a very thin line with any cheap Scum ship that has 2 crew. Dengar + Zuckuss, Zuckuss + Inspiring recruit. K4 + Zuckuss on missile carriers. An Auzituck Gunship for Scum would be too good.

19 hours ago, Muppetfluffer said:

That Zusomething trooptransport in wave 11 has 2crewslots. Wouldnt be surprised if the bomber gets a 2crew titeloption either.

I belive Jabba will be stronk in the 3D Quarter this year ;)

It doesn't get two crew, I'm very sad. "(

Ain't No Party Like Hutt Party (100)

Trandoshan Slaver (43) - YV-666
Concussion Missiles (4), Dengar (3), Jabba the Hutt (5), Scavenger Crane (2), Guidance Chips (0)

N'Dru Suhlak (25) - Z-95 Headhunter
Lone Wolf (2), Cluster Missiles (4), Scavenger Crane (2), Guidance Chips (0)

Talonbane Cobra (32) - Kihraxz
Glitterstim (2), Vectored Thrusters (2)

Edited by RoboTheSonyKid

Jabba's pretty weird. Aside from the Lancer, to get value out of him you gotta fly like 3 other weak ships for taking up those two needed crew slots and each of those other ships can die in 1 round so the reuse of an Illicit is well, less valuable :lol:

Edited by D00kies

Here's a bizarre idea (along the same lines as Robo's with the ordnance):

Guri (30)
Fearlessness (1)
Advanced Proton Torpedoes (6)
Sensor Jammer (4)
Scavenger Crane (2)
Autothrusters (2)
Virago (1)

Bossk (35)
Veteran Instincts (1)
"Mangler" Cannon (4)
Dengar (3)
Jabba the Hutt (5)
Burnout SLAM (1)
Engine Upgrade (4)

Total: 99

Guri tries to stay in Range 1 and deal five or six hits every attack, while Bossk glides around, Slamming away from enemies that get behind him. Or something.

Edited by TheHumanHydra

YV-666: · Bossk (35)
     Attanni Mindlink (1)
     Tactical Jammer (1)
     Jabba (5)
     · Dengar (3)
     "Hot Shot" Blaster (3)
Kihraxz Fighter: · Talonbane Cobra (28)
     Attanni Mindlink (1)
     Stygium Particle Accelerator (2)
     · Cloaking Device (2)
Z-95 Headhunter: · Kaa'to Leeachos (15)
     Attanni Mindlink (1)
     XX-23 S-Thread Tracers (1)
     Guidance Chips (0)
     Glitterstim (2)
-- TOTAL ------- 100p. --

3 hours ago, TheHumanHydra said:

Here's a bizarre idea (along the same lines as Robo's with the ordnance):

Guri (30)
Fearlessness (1)
Advanced Proton Torpedoes (6)
Sensor Jammer (4)
Scavenger Crane (2)
Autothrusters (2)
Virago (1)

Bossk (35)
Veteran Instincts (1)
"Mangler" Cannon (4)
Dengar (3)
Jabba the Hutt (5)
Burnout SLAM (1)
Engine Upgrade (4)

Total: 99

Guri tries to stay in Range 1 and deal five or six hits every attack, while Bossk glides around, Slamming away from enemies that get behind him. Or something.

I hadn't really thought of enhancing bossk's turing-around ability with Burnout SLAM.  I'm not sure why.  But it's a very good thought.  I'm not sure it's worth the Scavenger Crane though :(

My other thought with Jabba the other day way to combine him with Emon with ASLAM and Burnout to give two turns of exceptionally-mobile Conner Nets.  But I suspect he's still too expensive for that to work.

What about this build?  Both Marksmanship and Mangler uses Bossk's crit ability, Dengar gives one or two re-rolls, with Jabba I could burnout slam in two different turns if I needed to reposition, Ion Projector keeps opponents, especially aces, from positioning too close in my path and then Jabba allows Hot Shot to be used twice on each pirate without worrying about arc and two of the pirates have munitions failsafe which would allow the HSB card to stay around until they each hit twice.  Thoughts?

Bossk (53)
Marksmanship
"Mangler" Cannon
 Jabba the Hutt
Dengar
Burnout Slam
Ion Projector

Binayre Pirate #1 (16)
“Hot Shot” Blaster
Munitions Failsafe
15 points
Binayre Pirate #2 (16)
“Hot Shot” Blaster
Munitions Failsafe
16 points
Binayre Pirate #3 (15)
“Hot Shot” Blaster

Edited by player2148077
misspell

16 hours ago, player2148077 said:

What about this build?  Both Marksmanship and Mangler uses Bossk's crit ability, Dengar gives one or two re-rolls, with Jabba I could burnout slam in two different turns if I needed to reposition, Ion Projector keeps opponents, especially aces, from positioning too close in my path and then Jabba allows Hot Shot to be used twice on each pirate without worrying about arc and two of the pirates have munitions failsafe which would allow the HSB card to stay around until they each hit twice.  Thoughts?

Bossk (53)
Marksmanship
"Mangler" Cannon
 Jabba the Hutt
Dengar
Burnout Slam
Ion Projector

Binayre Pirate #1 (16)
“Hot Shot” Blaster
Munitions Failsafe
15 points
Binayre Pirate #2 (16)
“Hot Shot” Blaster
Munitions Failsafe
16 points
Binayre Pirate #3 (15)
“Hot Shot” Blaster

Welcome! 

Marksmanship is one of the most maligned EPTs in the game because it requires an action to activate.  You'll be bumping a lot in the cumbersome YV666 so getting that action will be problematic.  Also, Marksmanship and Mangler are redundant as crit generators for Bossk imo - Mangler by itself gets the job done nicely.

You could go: Bossk with a 1 point EPT of choice (Crackshot or Fearlessness probably), Mangler, Dengar, Jabba, Ion Projector (not sure I'm sold on that mod tho especially vs large base ships), and Glitterstim, then 3x Pirates with Hot Shot and Munitions Failsafe for an even 100.  

Likely not competitive still because Bossk is usually paired with another high damage, high PS wingman like Dengar or Ketsu to take ships off the board quickly before he burns down - but it could be fun still!  I don't think Jabba is top tier competitive in 100 point standard matches with the cards we have now, but I can see him being monstrous in epic due to the sheer value of added illicit uses he can bring in.  

I've been trying to make Jabba work on a slaver in a low pilot skill list with Mux and some Zs but I just can't get the points to work out nicely.  Maybe something like:

Slaver: Jabba, Dengar, Heavy Laser Cannon, Burnout Slam

Mux: Autoblaster Turret, Glitterstim

2x Pirate: Hotshot Blaster, Munitions Failsafe

Edited by Danomight