Timathius

Jabba preview

1 minute ago, AdamGATX105 said:

Oh here we go again everyone whining about a card that comes with an EPIC ship isn't going to be great in standard play.

Hey here is an idea why don't we praise how good Jabba will be in EPIC play where he I'd Kent to be and not focus on how horrible you "think" he will be in standard. Or even play a 200 point no epic game and see howehowe great he is there!

Because only a tiny fraction of us play epic. Pretty simple.

It'd be cool if FFG just read their cards before releasing them. It doesn't take much to find these errors. If they release him like he is now it screws up so many other cards, then they'll need to errata him and we all would buy a CROC for a card that's not even worded correctly.

4 minutes ago, DailyRich said:

Azmorigan is the more interesting interaction.  You could bring Jabba in and suddenly double-up all your discardable Illicits currently in play.

It's a shame that Azmorigan is huge ship only.

2 minutes ago, Tbetts94 said:

It'd be cool if FFG just read their cards before releasing them. It doesn't take much to find these errors. If they release him like he is now it screws up so many other cards, then they'll need to errata him and we all would buy a CROC for a card that's not even worded correctly.

Srsly.  I mean, at least Palp worked by RAW on release.  As it is Jabba is going to need day 1 errata to work by RAW.

31 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

hmm, obviously strong as hell in epic since unlike Palp his ability gets stronger the more ships there are while Palp got overburdened. But currently the YV666 is the only nonepic that can tote him around, i kinda feel like right now thats too limited to be viable.

also, HAZAA they finally got PTL right! (slam adds it to you bar rather than be its own action)

Except you can't SLAM as a free action... almost there 

Yeah this one actually WANTS to be in epic without being epic only.

C3P0 came in a 0agi ship...wat....and worked once out of probably 6-8 instances per round.
Palp worked once out of anywhere between 15-40 instances...wat?

Jabba, unless you use a Lancer or spam Z's, you will be wasting your time with him more than likely since he also harshly cuts the YV666's threat to get his fatass on there. Put him in epic and he will EASILY add like 20-40pts to your list of illicits.

My only complaint is i cant use it on cargo chutes since you still need the chute template to put down.... /sigh (i am not buying multiple lancers...)

1 minute ago, AdamGATX105 said:

The solution is simple drop Push the limit take Experimental Interface

Then you can't move drop the cloud and SLAM away.  The interaction they're looking for doesn't work.

Bossk with Jabba plus a Lancer with 3 Rigged Chutes both with Trick Shot could be funny.  6 extra debris clouds...

1 minute ago, Voitek said:

Am I the first one to actually figure the most obvious combo to Jabba carrying YV?

BOSSK/Slaver + Jabba + HOT SHOT BLASTER

You dont like when people sit behind your back? Shoot them with Hot shot blaster, TWICE!

Add a Dengar/Ketsu/IG/Asajj and you are good to go!

Yah turning Bossk into a turret was one of my thoughts.  Not sure it's worth the points and slots over just equipping Feedback Array though.

2 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

No, SLAM cant be a free action period.

EI actually wouldnt work even if it could. Illicit SLAM adds it to your bar, where PTL would have access to it.

Slam then Experimental Interface to drop the cargo...

2 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

And that would be terrible?  Does Gunner not work on Epic ships?

The C-ROC has no primary attacks, so you wouldn't be able to use Gunner. The C-ROC only has the one hardpoint to equip a secondary weapon with.

Edited by Budgernaut
Added the word "secondary"

1 minute ago, thespaceinvader said:

Yah turning Bossk into a turret was one of my thoughts.  Not sure it's worth the points and slots over just equipping Feedback Array though.

Hot shot blaster with Dengar (or zuckuss?) is more accurate, range 2, doesnt ionise you and doesnt deal damage. Worth a shot. And remember you can move forward, clear stress from previous turn, take target lock for rerolls, reroll 1 defence die from zuckuss. 

Just now, Budgernaut said:

The C-ROC has no primary attacks, so you wouldn't be able to use Gunner. The C-ROC only has the one hardpoint to equip a weapon with.

Fair enough thanks for clarifying.

So HotCoP wouldn't work either meaning the next best option would be Dengar or K4.  Assuming you mean to swap Jabba out once most/all of the tokens are spent, rather than swap him in.

I think this is pretty cool.  I'd love to see it in action.  

Oh......FIX FOR GRAZ THE HUNTER!!!!   He can take double Glitterstim and survive all damage for 2 rounds.  I will say that I did fly Graz the other day for a fun mission and he had two Cluster Missiles shot at him on a round he popped Glitterstim.  I think maybe he took a single point of damage?   That match, Graz the Hunter was fantastic!  I think Graz would see more play on non-tournament games with double Glitterstim.  

Jabba the Hutt is going to be brutal in Epic.  Lots of things you can do.  Kihraxz Fighters with Glitterstim are not to be trifled with.  I think there are a lot of neat things you can do.  Lots of little combos, like N'dru w/ Scavenger Crane and Cluster Missiles.  

Good stuff!  I can't wait.