Timathius

Jabba preview

3 minutes ago, Luke C said:

How does Deadman's switch work with Jabba? Does it proc twice?

Once per opportunity.  Works twice if you die twice.  But that's no different because it doesn't discard.  And no pilots can die twice, not even Tel Trevura.

Edited by Engine25

1 minute ago, Luke C said:

You do not discard deadman's switch, so Jabba does nothing for it unless your opponent forgets how the token works and tries to have Boba Fett take it out.

2 minutes ago, Luke C said:

The bad part about Jabba in standard play is that Dengar just has to take up that last spot in the YV. IG is a reasonable idea but the bus needs those rerolls.

Eh, it can take TLs with its actions and use stim to get the focuses.  It's not a bad shout necessarily.

2 minutes ago, Luke C said:

No.  DMS isn't discarded so Jabba has no effect on it.

Quite brutal playing Epic and even more Double Epic. Forgot about Y 666. He must seat his body on a C ROC. 55 pts C ROC and 245 points to purchase Illicit ships. But only one use cards. Few options. Drug Cartel, new Epic Scum Meta. Black Sun Soldier + glitter...jojojo...15 pts. 

After the initial sense of being underwhelmed passed I realized that a) in the right game, this could be a hoot and b) this isn't a repeat of C3PO and Palpatine.

as I planned on getting this (and all ships) anyway, I reserve the right to judge Jabba from his rightful place, on the mat :)

8 minutes ago, Luke C said:

Unfortunately no since the card doesn't say "Discard this card to..." or along those lines. 

Anyway, my Ketsu & Bossk list could be taking an interesting turn with Jabba. A very Glitterstim-ed turn. Ketsu will be so drugged :ph34r:

24 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

It costs a minimum of 35 points to field him (29 for the YV, 5 for Jabba and 1 for an illicit to use him on) so he's occupying more than 1/3 of your list.

I mean, you act like the YV itself doesn't do anything to justify 29 points of that cost.

I think it does a better job than the Lambda does at least.

13 minutes ago, Mangipan said:

Is Sabine good with four Glitterstims?

Wait no, I just checked, she's still bad run Asajj.

In all seriousness, I think there might be some sort of janky YV-666 + IG Bravo build with double Glitterstim on both that is almost practical. Double Glitterstim on two strong ships seems worthwhile.

I beg to differ. With two glitterstims, you can make Sabine almost immortal for two rounds. Doubling that sounds juicy.

2 minutes ago, Viktus106 said:

Double EMP anyone?

[Snip}

Fenn Rau
Push the Limit
Title
Autothrusters

97 points

Ok, so Fenn Rau is a beast, but he has no illicits and we're doing janky stuff anyway so why not cut him out for Talonbane Cobra with Glitterstim, Predator and Vectored Thrusters.

Double Glitterstim Talonbane. You know you want to.

4 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

I wonder how he's supposed to work with Cikatro Vizago.  Do you gain a new Illicit token when you equip a new Illicit?  Do you discard the old one if you've not used it yet?

Are you equipping Jabba again when you use Cikatro?  No.  So I don't see why anything Jabba previously did would carry over to the new upgrade.

Just now, DarthEnderX said:

I mean, you act like the YV itself doesn't do anything to justify 29 points of that cost.

It does a lot less than it would with all 3 crew slots available.

It's not a bad ship, sure, but it's an obvious first target when Jabba dying stops the illicit doubling working, it's big, squishy, and lacking its usual punch to make it scary to approach.

2 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

The YV does work because of dengar/4LOM/Zuckuss crew. It won't with this fatty on board.

Just now, DailyRich said:

Are you equipping Jabba again when you use Cikatro?  No.  So I don't see why anything Jabba previously did would carry over to the new upgrade.

Oop true, I missed that it was when Jabba is equipped that the thing happens not when the illicits are.

Just now, TasteTheRainbow said:

The YV does work because of dengar/4LOM/Zuckuss crew. It won't with this fatty on board.

Ketsu/Bossk is legit and only really needs K4 or Dengar for crew on the YV to make it work.  But when I build it I struggle to fill the illicit slots because the base ships are so expensive.

Oh here we go again everyone whining about a card that comes with an EPIC ship isn't going to be great in standard play.

Hey here is an idea why don't we praise how good Jabba will be in EPIC play where he is ment to be and not focus on how horrible you "think" he will be in standard. Or even play a 200 point no epic game and see how great he is there!

Edited by AdamGATX105

Just now, DailyRich said:

Azmorigan is the more interesting interaction.  You could bring Jabba in and suddenly double-up all your discardable Illicits currently in play.

But you couldn't bring Jabba and then trade him in immediately because he's what instructs you what the tokens do.

But you COULD bring Jabba and trade him in once all the tokens are gone XD