Sign in to follow this  
Hawkstrike

How about a Battle of Scarif expansion? (warning: YAXWFT*)

So how about a Battle of Scarif themed expansion? What would you put in it?

In my wish list, we'd get an alt-paint Blue Squadron or Partisan X-wing, an alt-paint Y-wing, and introduce the TIE Striker-based assault bomber/transport that was seen briefly in the movie -- the TIE Reaper!  We could introduce the Second Great Mustachio (General Merrick), "Pops" Krail, and the female Rebel pilots from Rogue 1, plus K2-SO crew, and give the Imperials some interesting new choices in crew or bomb cards. Director Krennic, anyone? Plus perhaps make it a triple-faction release and add a couple of Scum dials and pilot cards for Partisan X-wings, and maybe Saw Gerrera as a Scum X-wing pilot.

Plus ... drumroll ... it's a chance to introduce some X-wing and Y-wing fixes and new mechanics.  I vote for ...

Squadron mechanics! Like Red Leader (Unique, 1 point, Printed PS 6 or higher, X-Wing Only; your action bar gains the Evade action) and Red Squadron Pilot (0 points, Printed PS 4 or lower, X-Wing only; When in range 1-2 of Red Leader, your action bar gains the Evade action), or Gold Leader (Unique, 0 Points, Printed PS 6 or higher, Y-wing only; Your action bar gains the EPT icon) and Gold Squadron Pilot (0 points, Printed PS 4 or lower; Y-Wing only; When in Range 1 of Gold Leader, you gain that ship's pilot ability.)

New Astromechs! Like Shielding Astromech (Dual Card, 0 points. Side 1: Deflectors Double Front, Your action bar gains the Reinforce action; you may assign Reinforce (Fore) tokens only. If you suffer an uncancelled hits, remove any assigned Reinforce tokens and flip this card. Side 2: Stabilize Rear Deflectors, Action: Flip this card.)

New Modifications! Like Strike Foils (Dual Card, 1 point, X-wing and B-wing only; Side 1: Cruise Position, Increase your agility by one. Action: Flip this card. Side 2: Attack Position, When attacking, if your opponent would roll an equal or greater number of agility dice as you have attack dice, roll one additional attack die. Do not flip this card.)

New Titles! Like BTL-S3 (Title, Y-wing Only, -1 point. Remove the [turret] icon from your upgrade bar, and gain a [crew] icon. This upgrade has negative squad cost).

*Yet Another X-Wing Fix Thread

Edited by Hawkstrike

You know what, I really like the idea of having unique "Leader" titles for Rebel ships. i.e. Red Leader, X-Wing Only, Unique, Gold Leader, Y-Wing only, unique.

Ideally they'd feature squad support mechanics, allowing you to buff friendly ships of the same type though rather than just providing a bonus to the pilot equipping the title.

There's definitely quite a few things that could make a "Scarif Veterans" pack...

I want a "Chardaan Refit" style card for X-wings, 0 point astromechs, X-wing fix titles, and some sort of special torpedo something in a Rebel Veterans pack with Red Squadron Ace and Blue Squadron Veteran pilots with EPTs and Vectored Thrusters and Guidance Chips. And probably special Y-wing stuff too. I don't know what to want on Y-wings yet because I don't own one yet.

I know I'm dreaming a little big but that is what I want.

13 hours ago, Hawkstrike said:

Squadron mechanics! Like Red Leader (Unique, 1 point, Printed PS 6 or higher, X-Wing Only; your action bar gains the Evade action) and Red Squadron Pilot (0 points, Printed PS 4 or lower, X-Wing only; When in range 1-2 of Red Leader, your action bar gains the Evade action), or Gold Leader (Unique, 0 Points, Printed PS 6 or higher, Y-wing only; Your action bar gains the EPT icon) and Gold Squadron Pilot (0 points, Printed PS 4 or lower; Y-Wing only; When in Range 1 of Gold Leader, you gain that ship's pilot ability.)

Those are actually some great ideas! Elegant, usable, simple