HammerGibbens

Mistakes you made when you were learning

On 3/25/2017 at 8:52 PM, HammerGibbens said:

The more egregious the better.

Straight up when we started, my friends and I thought you moved every ship, THEN did actions with every ship in the same order as you moved them. Then we did combat correctly. We played this way for probably our first dozen games before I finally watched a youtube video of people playing the right way and we started to play right.

Used to do the same thing, when I figured things out everything went so much faster.

Up until quite recently. I turned the ship a full 180 on the Tallon Roll. I quite understandably thought this was the most badass move ever. 

I started playing in wave 7. It wasn't until I bought the Heroes of the Resistance pack and I was just kind of flipping through the rulle sheet that I actually read it closely and realized that we had been doing it wrong all this time. 

I had the hardest time figuring out why all my asteroid's had magnets in them and why my ships kept crashing into them. Gotta learn those templates WITH considering the base on the other end of it. I've left sooooooo much debris in space due to this.

16 minutes ago, Force Majeure said:

I thought you couldn't do free actions (such as Target Locks from FCS or Barrel Roll from BB-8) unless that action was on the the action bar.

Target Locks from FCS aren't FREE ACTIONS anyway.  They are just acquiring a TL with no action required and thus no care about Stress and the like.  An important distinction but doesn't negate the idea you can't have something because you couldn't get it "normally."

1. Aimed where enemy ships were, not where they were going

2. I performed the same action twice on Soontir multiple times during a game (boost, boost or b-roll, b-roll)

3. Ran two ships off the board (different games)

4. Was about to win when I proceeded to place the wrong dials to ships. The maneuvers were the intended ones, I just placed the Interceptor dial next to Vader and the TIE Advanced dial next to Lt. Lorrir (I know, that it's own kind of mistake). Once it was activation time, I realized what I had done and we followed through on what I had placed on the right dials. Lost the game soon after lol

Best for last:

On my fifth game, a friend of mine put R2-D2 on a B-Wing (it was his second game). I looked at his list before we started and went, "seems legit". Never made touched the hull the entire game. Wasn't until after the game was over that we noticed the tiny detail that astromechs  don't fly in gyroscoping ships.