Sign in to follow this  
KrisSherriff

Is there more to the TIE Aggressor than Quad TLTs?

Unless the dial is HWK-horrible, quad Aggressor TLTs with Lightweight Frame are going to be truly frightening ... especially to Quad-Y TLT lists.

Ordnance without Extra Munitions will be interesting ... perhaps Thread Tracers + Homing Missiles (+Lightweight Frame) for a light Alpha-Strike list.

Unguided Rockets have interesting potential due to their secondary weapon effect (Crack Shot Tomax, anyone?).

Intensity: I'm wondering if the other side will be "Action: Assign an Evade and Focus token to your ship.  Then flip this card." If so, I'm putting it and R2D6 on Biggs ...

2 aggressor and a decimator. Oicunn fly just behind the agressor to protect the donut. You gear him with upgrades that make your opponent wants to keep his distance, like Mara, Tactician, Anti pursuit lasers, Bosheck, etc.. You add Hux because Fanatical devotion will work nicely with TLTs.  Give your opponent though choices. Stay at range 3 to avoid Oicunn but be at best range of TLTs? Get closer and be "Oicunnized" ? :-) With 50 points you can build a pretty decent Oicunn.

I can see hux with 2 tlts, that way both tts will have a focus and one of the aggressors tts will do damage no matter what as long as you roll focus results.

I can also see deadeye synced turret being a thing or wepon engineer and targeting synchronizer support.

Edited by Oberron

Intensity might also be a way to make Unguided really good. We might be surprised thinking were getting a TLT ship wile the missile version is actually better. Then you would put a control turret with the missile for a very versatile ship... That one i would really like.

Edited by Thormind

I don't know if Unprovoked Aggression will beat Thug Life. If looks like it will be more maneuverable so more dodging arcs without the boost. But it doesn't have a crew (or astromech) to make it more than thug life.

However it does look like a clone list where you make multiple builds of 4 or 5 ships where 5 have the blaster turret 2.0 instead of TLT.

Still I think it depends on the dial and what does it show before we can figure out how it will work and most importantly how will it fit in the meta.

The question is also whether LWF is so essential for 4TLT. With TLT you wanna be at range 3 anyhow. So in principle, these 8 points could also be spent on upgrading one to an ace, depending on their abilities.