rafcpl6868

The Scripture of Corran Horn

Although Poe Dameron has taken thine life support from you (R2D2) we honor your life as a truly insane pilot card. Red dice and stress have lead to your downfall, causing your 35 points to be too much to be killed by the scum faction which has truly earned its name. How the mighty have fallen good sir. I will always keep a place in my heart for you dear E wing. The ship doomed forever because of heroes of the resistance ruining any chance of rebel veterans. May the lords of the fantasy flight games one day bless thee and raise thee from the dead. As it was foretold the Defender shall rise, then the mighty E wing, then on the last day of our lord, our savior the T-65 X wing will once again take the throne from the false prophets and save our game. Though thy may not be cannon, star wars rebels has saved others and may save thee too. Corran, your pilot ability was the greatest in all the land and then false Shepard of rebels appeared! The K wing! The deceiver brought turrets of death to yee and a pilot ability that rivaled thine own. But one day, you shall rise, and the rebel faction will once again see the light. He will lead us to liberty once again. Freedom from the K wings! Freedom from Fenn Rau! Freedom from the Jumpmaster 5000! And all Corran's people said Amen.

16 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

Corran Horn has had his death predicted 2-3 times since I've started playing X-wing, which was roughly when he came out.  He almost won worlds last year.  I doubt he's seen his last dance.

I am exaggerating, but right now its hard to justify fielding him over some other rebel shenanigans.  

Put it this way, at least Corran will prob see more play then Wedge, even though by all accounts, wedge should be the most played pilot in the game if you base it on Legends skill alone, to bad the x-wing, for all it being the name of the game, is nothing but a single upgrade card for a differernt ship (Yes, Im looking at you Biggs, your nothing but an HP Upgrade....you are not even a ship....)

2 minutes ago, Zeoinx said:

Put it this way, at least Corran will prob see more play then Wedge, even though by all accounts, wedge should be the most played pilot in the game if you base it on Legends skill alone, to bad the x-wing, for all it being the name of the game, is nothing but a single upgrade card for a differernt ship (Yes, Im looking at you Biggs, your nothing but an HP Upgrade....you are not even a ship....)

Obviously the best pilot should be porkins

45 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

Corran Horn has had his death predicted 2-3 times since I've started playing X-wing, which was roughly when he came out.  He almost won worlds last year.  I doubt he's seen his last dance.

To be fair corran horn was ahead of his meta with the burst damage of 8 dice attacks. Now the meta is so filled with that as a pair of A-wings with snap shot and juke can do the same thing in throwing massive amount of dice in a doubled attack turn. So while those that say Corran Horn will die he really only has one nemesis, Biggs.

Corran shall have a lengthy life on the tables of we who play not for shenanigans or broken combos, but simply for the joy of the game; Corran brings variety to our games, and we shall play every ship from our hangars, from the Starviper to the TIE Advanced, from the GR-75 to the A-Wing. 

Blessed be the our venerable game, free of the Meta, the accursed one. 

Just now, MarekMandalore said:

Corran shall have a lengthy life on the tables of we who play not for shenanigans or broken combos, but simply for the joy of the game; Corran brings variety to our games, and we shall play every ship from our hangars, from the Starviper to the TIE Advanced, from the GR-75 to the A-Wing. 

Blessed be the our venerable game, free of the Meta, the accursed one. 

AMEN

12 hours ago, Zeoinx said:

Wedge was a good pilot, but he's no Luke Skywalker. Luke founded Rogue Squadron and when he left to become a Jedi, Wedge stepped in and became commander. Either of them should be able to solo a list of any PS8 or lower pilots. Soontir Fel or Vader could be a challenge, but Luke would take them all on and win. I also recall Corran's EU trick being double-taps on TIEs usng proton torpedoes, before they could even fire.

And if we're going all out, Anakin Skywalker would nail every other pilot to the wall - he killed capital ships in a Delta-7.

11 hours ago, piznit said:

Porkins thought he could hold it, but he couldn't even do something that simple :)

Porkins could hold a sandwich though...

Poe is cool, but can't punch through token stacks common since the 2015 Worlds, hence his decline. Corran's attack is much more potent, so he can stand more of a chance. I'm slowly being tempted into more and more insane Corran builds. I'm at Vi and sensor jammer at the moment, and I might swap to Rage soon...

23 hours ago, Zeoinx said:

-1 agility is really good. I mean Vader only gets to do two actions, you'd think the lord of the sith could do something more spectacular...

2 hours ago, FlyingAnchors said:

-1 agility is really good. I mean Vader only gets to do two actions, you'd think the lord of the sith could do something more spectacular...

A bit off topic, but I would love to see a movie version of X-Wing with completely over the top named pilots, and your generics just die by the dozens to them.

17 minutes ago, NH Gunsmith said:

A bit off topic, but I would love to see a movie version of X-Wing with completely over the top named pilots, and your generics just die by the dozens to them.

Luke Skywalker:
When attacking, the defender is destroyed by your attack if you have at least 1 [hit] or [crit] result.

Wedge Antilles:
All enemy ships at range 1-3 of you reduce their agility by 3.

Corran Horn:
After you perform an attack, you may perform an additional attack.

Biggs Darklighter:
The first time a friendly ship would be destroyed, you may lose 1 shield token and place that ship anywhere in the play area.

Tycho Celchu:
You may perform actions while stressed. When attacking or defending, for each stress token you have you may roll 1 additional die.

21 hours ago, Astech said:

Luke Skywalker:
When attacking, the defender is destroyed by your attack if you have at least 1 [hit] or [crit] result.

Wedge Antilles:
All enemy ships at range 1-3 of you reduce their agility by 3.

Corran Horn:
After you perform an attack, you may perform an additional attack.

Biggs Darklighter:
The first time a friendly ship would be destroyed, you may lose 1 shield token and place that ship anywhere in the play area.

Tycho Celchu:
You may perform actions while stressed. When attacking or defending, for each stress token you have you may roll 1 additional die.

If changed that the abilities didn't work against other named pilots it would be so much fun to fly.