Thormind

Should i be upset?

i really wish action bombs just didnt take an action. Every ship except the kwing (because of SLAM) has issues dropping bombs due to the action requirement preventing it on a red move or royally shafting you because now you cant roll away or get a focus for defense.

The nonaction bombs are fine (though i think protons are a tad overpriced), but all the post-movement bombs i wish were just "drop after maneuver"

1 minute ago, Thormind said:

Lets hope. Still Rebels would get access to it :-)

A Rebel Scurrg is probably going to end up close to 40 points (Nym will probably start at 30-32 points) so he'll make up a significant chunk of any squad he's in. 

4 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

i really wish action bombs just didnt take an action. Every ship except the kwing (because of SLAM) has issues dropping bombs due to the action requirement preventing it on a red move or royally shafting you because now you cant roll away or get a focus for defense.

The nonaction bombs are fine (though i think protons are a tad overpriced), but all the post-movement bombs i wish were just "drop after maneuver"

Doesn't that just make the K-Wing even better? 

Just now, Engine25 said:

Have you played with the new Palpatine or x7? 

They're still really good. 

I did. My first match with Commonwealth was VS post FAQ Paratanni, i got destroyed :-(  Assaj = stress = no evade. Try to stay at range 3 with a defender...  Aslo vs TLT + stressbot. It was already a though match, now it's just not fun.

Palp is not worth his points now. I also tried 3x defenders. They used to be on par with Commonwealth but now they are far better.

9 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

Doesn't that just make the K-Wing even better? 

Not really. Yeah it does let it do another action and drop the bomb but the big thing is it can reactively maneuver to drop the bomb, and if it slams its other actions are kinda moot since focus on 1 agi is meh. I guess it could TL, but big deal lol

The main thing is it would bring the other bombers closer to the kwing than the kwing jumps further ahead. Now they can ALL drop their bomb and still get out of the way, while right now thats pretty much only a kwing thing.

Interesting thread.... it's somewhat true I think, there is less balance in the force right now. Pulling Scum back a bit on Manaroo and super-cheap Zuckuss was a great idea, I'm OK too with Palp, but the Defender nerf of the Defender buff was a bad idea. Just my opinion. But in actuality, the Imps need a ship with good shields and good hull that can turn around and can be loaded up with fun stuff. Like....Gunboat?!?

4 minutes ago, clanofwolves said:

But in actuality, the Imps need a ship with good shields and good hull that can turn around and can be loaded up with fun stuff. Like....Gunboat?!?

Fingers still crossed for gunboat but the "reality" will probably be some First Order ship we have not seen yet in episode 8 maybe their version of a TIE interceptor or TIE bomber? We know they emulate the Galactic Empire so I doubt it will be something totally new but rather a juiced up version of an older TIE.

Edited by Phoenix5454

2 minutes ago, Phoenix5454 said:

Fingers still crossed for gunboat but the "reality" will probably be some First Order ship we have not seen yet in episode 8 maybe their version of a TIE interceptor or TIE bomber? We know they emulate the Galactic Empire so I doubt it will be something totally new but rather a juiced up version of an older TIE.

Or maybe Snoke, to replace our fallen emperor :-)

27 minutes ago, wurms said:

Defenders are the ONLY option? WTF. People making top 8 in regionals with Quickdraw and Backdraft. Decimator + Carnor/Echo/Whisper doing good also. Lot of options out there that nobody has played with because of this thinking of ONLY option.

Create instead of duplicate

TLT Ywings are still relevant, and so will these. A fragile 2 agility that can take LWF. People said the same about TIE S/F's.

Im glad not everyone thinks like you do or this game wouldn't have made it passed Wave 4.

We're talking post FAQ competitive events (at the OPs behest). In Naboo and Tatooine, no Quickdraw, Backdraft, or any Deci list made it into the top 24, and I'm betting on a repeat of that at Hoth (watching stream now). I honestly do hope someone comes up with some super cool new Imperial list that can compete that's not just triple Defenders, I really do.

As for creation, I almost never fly 'traditional' lists (with exception of RAC HotCop Kylo + Ryad). My favorite ships are Defender /Ds and I'm trying to get a Tomax Bren(Crack Shot, Homing Missiles, Tracers, EM, Guidance)/Vessery (/D, Tractor, VI, MKII)/Omega Leader (Comms, Juke, SD) target lock support list up to competitive snuff. Haven't had any luck yet, but I'm trying. Flying a TIE Bomber is harder than I thought it would be.

I'm really not trying to be obstinately negative, but the powerhouse combos other factions have access to is really starting to affect my play enjoyment for the worse. Nothing like getting stomped for the 15th time in a row by a scum/rebel netlist at your FLGS to make you wish you had picked a different hobby. If want to win (which I do), I almost always end up back to triple Defenders by the end of the night. And yes, I realize quite a bit of that is because of my personal (lack of) skill level. But as an Imp only player, it's hard not to feel persecuted by the FAQ, and have that persecution validated by the abysmal showing of Imps at Naboo, Tatt, and (we'll see) Hoth. No one likes to lose all the time, sometimes you want a win. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

19 minutes ago, Johen Dood said:

I'm trying to get a Tomax Bren(Crack Shot, Homing Missiles, Tracers, EM, Guidance)/Vessery (/D, Tractor, VI, MKII)/Omega Leader (Comms, Juke, SD) target lock support list up to competitive snuff. Haven't had any luck yet, but I'm trying. Flying a TIE Bomber is harder than I thought it would be.

I've been messing around with something along those lines that I'm calling Puff, Puff, Pass. I haven't had the chance to fly it competitively yet but I think it might do okay given some more practice.

Dropping LWF and bringing Concussion Missiles instead of Homing Missiles would let you bring a Tractor Beam Vessery.

Tomax Bren (24)
Crack Shot (1)
Extra Munitions (2)
Concussion Missiles (4)
Guidance Chips (0)

"Backdraft" (27)
Adaptability (0)
Fire-Control System (2)
Targeting Synchronizer (3)

Colonel Vessery (35)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Tractor Beam (1)
TIE/D (0)

Total: 100

24 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

I've been messing around with something along those lines that I'm calling Puff, Puff, Pass. I haven't had the chance to fly it competitively yet but I think it might do okay given some more practice.

Dropping LWF and bringing Concussion Missiles instead of Homing Missiles would let you bring a Tractor Beam Vessery.

Tomax Bren (24)
Crack Shot (1)
Extra Munitions (2)
Concussion Missiles (4)
Guidance Chips (0)

"Backdraft" (27)
Adaptability (0)
Fire-Control System (2)
Targeting Synchronizer (3)

Colonel Vessery (35)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Tractor Beam (1)
TIE/D (0)

Total: 100

Nice! I may have to try out Backdraft. I went with Homings on Tomax so you can get -1 AGI from tractoring with Vessery, -1 rolled Evade from Crack, and no Evasion tokens- plus Homings don't require you spend the target lock, so you can reroll your 4 dice if you want. Plus Omega Leader is a good closer who synergizes well with Vessery (IE likes to keep his lock up).

1 hour ago, Vineheart01 said:

wouldnt the gunboat be more of a glass cannon?

Its pretty dang small. I would expect something thats basically a bomber with more offense instead of bombs and barrelrolls lol

yeah you're probably right. Reading up on it on wookiepedia, its large with average maneuverability, not fast but packs a hell of payload, doesn't say much in the area of if it was strong defensively other than it has deflector shields and all these ratings next to its armor etc. I don't understand... 

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Alpha-class_Xg-1_Star_Wing

seems like more of a TIE phantom with a couple more hull or shields but with the ability to take cannons, missiles, torpedo's etc. 

3 hours ago, Johen Dood said:

I somehow doubt another fragile Imp ship with AGI 2 which is basically a crappier, less flexible version of a Y-Wing is going to change anything. Not unless the dial is godly, and unique pilot abilities are amazing + uniques have EPTs. Short of that, they'll just be bought for their TLTs.

You're looking at it wrong... it's a better version of the HWK-290.. not a worse version of the Y-wing..

4 PS- 2 Aggressors with TLT and Unguided Rockets.... probably a crappy build but also probably one I'd fly..

2 minutes ago, boomaster said:

You're looking at it wrong... it's a better version of the HWK-290.. not a worse version of the Y-wing..

4 PS- 2 Aggressors with TLT and Unguided Rockets.... probably a crappy build but also probably one I'd fly..

Yeah I think they'll be fun, but they're not going to propel Imps into more competitive territory- unless, like I said, they have awesome dials, abilities, and EPT slots. They will, however allow for some fun barrel roll + turret shenanigans and neat lists. Plus a single Aggressor might be a fun filler like Omega or Wampa is now.

6 hours ago, WWHSD said:

I suspect that the poor results Imperials had in the recent System Open events are more due to the reaction of players to the nerfs than from the actual effect the nerfs had on the game. 

Over time people will get Palpatine and X7 Defenders back on the table and realize that they are still solid.

X7s are still solid. Flew Vessery at Naboo amd he still did his thing. Granted i went 1-6 but that was due to pilot error :)

What are you complaining about?

I just went to the XWing List Juggler, clicked on 3 random tournaments and what did I find? Lots of Imperials in the Top 10 of any tournament.

Ryad, Vessery, RAC, Inquisitor, Jax, Backdraft, Omega Leader, Maarek Steele, Major Stridan... just to name a few!

Imperium has been OP for a long time, now they are getting back to an equal level.

8 hours ago, 4fox100 said:

X7s are still solid. Flew Vessery at Naboo amd he still did his thing. Granted i went 1-6 but that was due to pilot error :)

X-7's work pretty much as before, they just do't have that token stack to count on and can't fly over a rock, block someone and still get an evade token for their trouble. Requires a different approach than before but you can produce the same results.

As for Palp, I know a lot of the Podcasters have already mentioned it but all he actually requires is you to commit on his use, previously he was a get out of jail free card. Now he's more of an avoid jail most of the time card, generally round to round people would have had a pretty good idea when they were most likely to use him. That attack I need to land or that 7 dice shot on a Defender or Soontir (or whoever) that I need to mitigate, you would always have the outlier you weren't expecting which the Emperor allowed you to mitigate once you had all the information on the table. Now, honestly, he's a point or maybe 2 over costed but still very powerful, just very occasionally ineffective but this is a game which combines skill with an element of random chance rather than skill and certainty...

20 hours ago, Thormind said:

As an Imperial player i am also upset that i had to buy a 100$ ship to get the 1 upgrade card i needed to be competitive only to see it nerfed to oblivion 3 months later. Now i'm left with what 300-500% dollars of weak ships? Not fun for someone whos been playing for less than a year. Not sure i want to spend that much again to have access to a good faction...

As a rebel player I'm upset that my:

- A-wings
- B-wings
- ARCs
- E-wings
- X-wings
- T-70s
- Z-95s
- TIE fighters
- HWKs
- U-wings

Are all vastly inferior in comparison to their Imperial and Scum counterparts. Just after I bought my $300 Rebel collection they all stopped being good. I'm trying to justify buying a ghost for Sabine, but I don't like bombs.

Be glad that you Imperials once had a good list, because Rebels are far pricier to play competitively.

5 hours ago, boomaster said:

X-7's work pretty much as before, they just do't have that token stack to count on and can't fly over a rock, block someone and still get an evade token for their trouble. Requires a different approach than before but you can produce the same results.

As for Palp, I know a lot of the Podcasters have already mentioned it but all he actually requires is you to commit on his use, previously he was a get out of jail free card. Now he's more of an avoid jail most of the time card, generally round to round people would have had a pretty good idea when they were most likely to use him. That attack I need to land or that 7 dice shot on a Defender or Soontir (or whoever) that I need to mitigate, you would always have the outlier you weren't expecting which the Emperor allowed you to mitigate once you had all the information on the table. Now, honestly, he's a point or maybe 2 over costed but still very powerful, just very occasionally ineffective but this is a game which combines skill with an element of random chance rather than skill and certainty...

It's not just the commitment that changed. Most people forget that you now have to use him before rerolls. That also makes a big difference.