MaxPower

Pics of Wave 11 and Croc

38 minutes ago, charlesanakin said:

You guys are all so picky and whiny. The Aggressor doesn't have a lot of options. A) it's a TIE so it's got to have side foils. B) many configurations for those foils are already taken. C) If the foils had just about any other configuration you'd all be complaining about how dumb it is to have a turret with no field of view. 

The Auzituck does look like a Hind. It's stat seem Hindish. The Hind is awesome. If you're not a Wookiee (and you're not) you should just let them have their style and not comment before they rip your arms off and beat you to death with them. 

I really like the Scurrgs simple design. As a straight forward bomber/heavy fighter its small forward profile is exactly the type of design I'd expect (the opposite of the giant flower please shoot anywhere and you're sure to hit StarViper). 

And I agree the C-ROC is just pretty. 

But the foils on the TIE Aggressor actually still blocks part of the 360 field-of-fire...  In fact, only the TIE Striker has a true 360 field-of-fire had its bottom-mounted cannon been a turret. 

The worst part is the new "Synched-turret" (http://xwing-miniatures.wikia.com/wiki/Synced_Turret): 
"If the defender is inside your primary firing arc, you may reroll a number of attack dice up to your primary weapon value."
Which to function on the TIE Aggressor would have it fire through the cockpit ;-D 

But all this is fluff of course, I like what they both bring to the table.  

36 minutes ago, Sciencius said:

But the foils on the TIE Aggressor actually still blocks part of the 360 field-of-fire...  In fact, only the TIE Striker has a true 360 field-of-fire had its bottom-mounted cannon been a turret. 

The worst part is the new "Synched-turret" (http://xwing-miniatures.wikia.com/wiki/Synced_Turret): 
"If the defender is inside your primary firing arc, you may reroll a number of attack dice up to your primary weapon value."
Which to function on the TIE Aggressor would have it fire through the cockpit ;-D 

The fluff on the synced turret is easy - it's synced to the main guns, so when it traverses to the front, it covers the area above the cockpit (and presumably below it, I think there's a ventrally mounted one as well) and the main guns are cut in to cover the area in front.

E: also, dat croc tho

Edited by thespaceinvader

11 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

The fluff on the synced turret is easy - it's synced to the main guns, so when it traverses to the front, it covers the area above the cockpit (and presumably below it, I think there's a ventrally mounted one as well) and the main guns are cut in to cover the area in front.

E: also, dat croc tho

That croc is indeed a beauty!

Synced turret: difficult to see on the pics if there is a ventrally mounted one to, time will tell. Still, the turret itself is not able to fire directly infront, and you are able to fire with 3 dice, not the main cannons 2 dice...

13 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Because the turret is providing the third die by filling the area above and (presumably) below the cockpit with pew pews.  It's more accurate that out of arc because of the main guns.

Nah I dont buy that..

But I am fine with you having a different opinion, it is just fluff. Have a nice day! 

2 hours ago, Sciencius said:

I know, I also find it annoying that ships have a 90 degree firing arc when in fact their guns can only shoot in a straight line.

/straightface

14 minutes ago, Lampyridae said:

I know, I also find it annoying that ships have a 90 degree firing arc when in fact their guns can only shoot in a straight line.

/straightface

You do know it is not a full 90 degree's right?  ;-) 

Anyway, fluff aside, from a game mechanics perspective it is necessary as the manouver templates only offer adjustment to the firing angle for 45, 90, 135, 180, and 225 degrees (plus the adjustment for boost/striker-premanouver and Echo-shenanigans etc.) :-) 

Edited by Sciencius
LOL, really cant spell right... ;-D

5 hours ago, Lampyridae said:

The Rebel TIE was utterly underwhelming but it introduced a huge new set of Rebel tactics that emphasised their sneaky guerrilla warfare as opposed to a faction that could go toe to TIE with the Galactic Empire.

The Hindbacca though, not only is the model pants (seriously this looks like a beginner's Blender model, more the fault of Rebels' early budget) but... what does it do other than be Rebel tanky without regen? The side arc is just another slap in the face to the U-Wing, which is just a bloated Kihraxz and we already have the awesome ARC-170. The possibility of a crew card for the Tan-tuh-vee is interesting. If the Hindbacca can get Rebels to kick the Biggs habit, then it might be a worthwhile purchase. 

Scurrg looks like that little A-Wing that you meet again after several years and you awkwardly never once mention in the conversation that it's become morbidly obese in a life-threatening way. The prospect of another bomber is exciting, even if limited.

TIE Aggressor looks like a TIE Interceptor prototype that the Academy Pilots got stuck in reverse gear. Superior to the TIE/sf? 

LOL.  Totally calling it a Hindbacca from now on.

5 hours ago, charlesanakin said:

You guys are all so picky and whiny. The Aggressor doesn't have a lot of options. A) it's a TIE so it's got to have side foils. B) many configurations for those foils are already taken. C) If the foils had just about any other configuration you'd all be complaining about how dumb it is to have a turret with no field of view. 

The Auzituck does look like a Hind. It's stat seem Hindish. The Hind is awesome. If you're not a Wookiee (and you're not) you should just let them have their style and not comment before they rip your arms off and beat you to death with them. 

I really like the Scurrgs simple design. As a straight forward bomber/heavy fighter its small forward profile is exactly the type of design I'd expect (the opposite of the giant flower please shoot anywhere and you're sure to hit StarViper). 

And I agree the C-ROC is just pretty

Yeah, well, FFG has an option.  Stop making friggen TIE fighters when everyone wants gunboat and skipray.

And the C-ROC looks like a space sturgeon without barbels.  Somebody should repaint one to look like a koi.

8 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

Yeah, well, FFG has an option.  Stop making friggen TIE fighters when everyone wants gunboat and skipray.

DOES everyone want the Skipray? MIGHT there be just one or two stubborn holdouts that think it looks like a first draft of a Fisher-Price spaceship that was rejected on the grounds that not even toddlers would put up with something that ugly?

6 minutes ago, Rodafowa said:

DOES everyone want the Skipray? MIGHT there be just one or two stubborn holdouts that think it looks like a first draft of a Fisher-Price spaceship that was rejected on the grounds that not even toddlers would put up with something that ugly?

that's crazy talk.

6 minutes ago, Rodafowa said:

C'mon, it's classic Thrawn material.  I think it looks cool, so as to those stubborn holdouts, it's you and who else? :P  And it's not like FFG is taking surveys anyways.

this is part of the problem with basing any evolving playstyle game on a pre-existing show/comic: people get bent out of shape over the most stupidest things. Im loving Wave11, i dont let petty crap like fluff get in the way of making new mechanics to bring more spice to the game. All of these ships bring something new and exciting.

19 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

this is part of the problem with basing any evolving playstyle game on a pre-existing show/comic: people get bent out of shape over the most stupidest things. Im loving Wave11, i dont let petty crap like fluff get in the way of making new mechanics to bring more spice to the game. All of these ships bring something new and exciting.

Actually, I feel the exact opposite about this wave. . .there is nothing new here.

TIE/AG = TLT Platform = been done

Scurrg = bomber = been done

Hindbacca = reinforce = been done

So, what new mechanics, exactly??

And you can eat food without spices, so spices are culinary "fluff."  So, at least on that point, we agree. . .this game needs better seasonings.

17 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

Actually, I feel the exact opposite about this wave. . .there is nothing new here.

TIE/AG = TLT Platform = been done

Scurrg = bomber = been done

Hindbacca = reinforce = been done

So, what new mechanics, exactly??

And you can eat food without spices, so spices are culinary "fluff."  So, at least on that point, we agree. . .this game needs better seasonings.

TIE/AG: Turret for a faction that literally had 0 turrets. New missile shenanigans, and a dual sided EPT we have yet to see what it does (but im assuming its an every-other-turn attack boost given the name)

Scurrg: Bomber with other slot shenanigans for a faction that previously didnt have any valid bomb users (Firespray bomber, ywing bombers, or tugboats LOL) also its got that new bomb coming in.

Wookieship: Reinforce on a non-huge ship (so where was this complaint about "been done before" on Coordinate hmm?) and its a 180arc on a small base/different faction.

New mechanics doesnt necessarily mean strictly "This doesnt exist currently at ALL!" it also means "This faction can now do this!" while previously they either flatout couldnt (imps w/ turrets) or couldnt do it effectively (scum bombs).

The only thing i'll say right now kinda bugs me is the wookie ship has ONLY crew slots, which i find odd in game mechanics. Even still it has the potential to be a really annoying blocker, since blockers tend to sac their shot in a lot of situations but the 180 arc will allow them to more than likely still hit something.

I have to get the C-ROC. And I'm probably going to get multiple Scurrgs for epic. I can probably get by with a single Wookie gunship since I don't know what squad would need more than one. The scum ships look great to me as well.

The aggressor I will probably pick up one, but maybe two if I want to do an Upsilon plus targeting synchronizer for them to use the synced turrets to better effect.

Wookie ship is the only one im not getting 2 of atm. I love the ship aesthetics and i see some good uses out of it but only with 1 lol... due to unique crew issues. Really dont feel like running a bunch of them with wookie crew, even though that would be kinda mean in theory. Rey crew + C3P0 will make that thing annoying as hell to deal with, Jyn crew w/ EI depending on its greens would be awesome too because of the wider arc....yeah still only want 1 lol.

Of wave11 i mean, obviously im not getting 2 crocs......i may love running 8 TIE swarms but theres no way im getting 2 crocs so i can run 8 scyks rofl

11 hours ago, xanderf said:

Well, the C-ROC was always a shoe-in for me.  Love 'Rebels', and that design of ship is amazing, so...auto-buy.

Wave 11, though?  Eh...I was all set to pass on it.  The Scurrg I don't hate, it's just..."meh".  And quite a lot of storage space for "meh"!  The Wookie gunship I do dislike, though - not least of which because it's too similar to the Mist Hunter, and the both of them in some kind of competition to see who can "Hind" the best.

I was also about to pass on the TIE Aggressor, but I'm with you - these pics are changing my mind.  Sure, it's a "lazy" design - but at least it does different things with the basic shape, so manages to be a measure less lazy than the TIE: Punishest.  And those 'unguided rockets' DO seem useful in buffing my TIE Bomber squadron...

The C-ROC looks amazing, I'm just not at the point of buying Epic ships yet (though Genesis Red ...).

I kind of like the blockiness of the Scurrg. Seems militaristic.

On the last point, I love how self-contained the Aggressor is, and how it contains such necessary reprints (LWF and TLT in both cases). It's possible I'll buy one for this reason, if it looks like it'll fit in a list idea.

1 hour ago, Vineheart01 said:

TIE/AG: Turret for a faction that literally had 0 turrets. New missile shenanigans, and a dual sided EPT we have yet to see what it does (but im assuming its an every-other-turn attack boost given the name)

Scurrg: Bomber with other slot shenanigans for a faction that previously didnt have any valid bomb users (Firespray bomber, ywing bombers, or tugboats LOL) also its got that new bomb coming in.

Wookieship: Reinforce on a non-huge ship (so where was this complaint about "been done before" on Coordinate hmm?) and its a 180arc on a small base/different faction.

New mechanics doesnt necessarily mean strictly "This doesnt exist currently at ALL!" it also means "This faction can now do this!" while previously they either flatout couldnt (imps w/ turrets) or couldnt do it effectively (scum bombs).

Not actually complaining*, just saying this wave is a little lack luster for me because it does not break new ground, it just moves existing mechanics around, justifiably so or not. 

And whatever happened to each faction having a distinct flavor?

*except that Wookiee has 2 EEs.  I'll complain about that.

Edited by Darth Meanie

15 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

I think what it is really going to wreck is the idea that each Faction has its own flavor. 

This is such a worn-out argument that it's insulting to even mention it. 

Turret upgrade cards having the unwritten rule, "Rebel and Scum only" is long overdue to be removed. Since pretty much Wave 4. Arguably Wave 6, if you want to bring up the case that until then the Imperials also had an upgrade slot monopolized.

Wave 4 was where identities began to overlap. The Imperial "flavor" of faceless cheap ships was eroded when the Z-95 came about. The Rebel "flavor" of shielded space superiority fighters went out the door with the introduction of the Defender and Phantom (prior to which the Advanced existed of course but its primary of 2 has a hard time being considered much of a superiority ship).

And you know what? It's a good thing. 

The game mechanics should be generally unrestricted as far as faction access goes. It's when it comes to which squads do what, and pilot or specific upgrade tweaks on a general theme, that you get faction flavors.

Uniques still give them enough of an identity. The moment they start doing crap like introducing Obiwan as a literal rebel counterpart to Vader is when i'd complain theres no faction identity or other such things.

None of the unique pilots or crew share the same behavior. Theres similar ones (and some redundant ones such as Bane/Luke) but nothing is the same. Its not like theyre giving Sabine Crew to the Scum.