MaxPower

Pics of Wave 11 and Croc

I'm somewhat pleased that the Aggressor is blue - so far, I've been able to keep all my "EU-sourced" Imperial stuff in the same display case (TIE Defenders, TIE Punisher, TIE Phantom, etc) - and none of them have had the grey color color scheme of my main Imperial display.  That the Aggressor will sit in there without issue is...nice!

(Also second that C-ROC...zomg how gorgeous!)

2 hours ago, MaxPower said:

Sorry if these were already posted elsewhere, if so I didn't notice:

Link with source: (cant embed, working from phone)

https://teamunicorn.eu/2017/03/23/bilder-von-welle-11-und-dem-c-roc/#more-16868

What and you did not break the glass and run off with the ships....... ;-p

good pictures though thank you for them.

1 hour ago, xanderf said:

I'm somewhat pleased that the Aggressor is blue - so far, I've been able to keep all my "EU-sourced" Imperial stuff in the same display case (TIE Defenders, TIE Punisher, TIE Phantom, etc) - and none of them have had the grey color color scheme of my main Imperial display.  That the Aggressor will sit in there without issue is...nice!

(Also second that C-ROC...zomg how gorgeous!)

well to be fair, only the ANH TIE's were that light Grey.. the ones from ESB and ROTJ were that darker blue-grey.  i was rather happy that Rogue One followed ANH's TIE fighter scheme.. and went with the darker blue-grey for the handful of Bomber's and other TIE variants that appeared.

1 hour ago, Blail Blerg said:

hmm.  Aggresor is a bit underwhelming. 

Have you played Dark Souls 3? Strange question right. Ludleth of Courland is a little king that sits on his throne and plays this major part in the story, the Aggresor is a bit like that. It is so blaw next to the other two ships which look amazing. The Aggresor will change the game, it is very exciting so I can agree is underwhelming to look at its going to wreck everything because it is a tool the Imps need very much at this time.

1 minute ago, Cubanboy said:

its going to wreck everything because it is a tool the Imps need very much at this time.

I think what it is really going to wreck is the idea that each Faction has its own flavor.  All it does is give Imps turrets.  Since I am an Imp player, I guess I should not be complaining about being handed TLT capability, but in truth, I would have been so much happier with Gunboat as a "fixed" TIE Punisher.

2 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

hmm.  Aggresor is a bit underwhelming. 

I'd go with "bloody stupid-looking" myself, but yeah.

It's not even got that K-Wing/Punisher argument ad hilarious-excessivevum thing going for it, it just looks like someone with a craft knife and a not-very-well-stocked bits box has taken it upon themselves to "improve" the TIE-Advanced. 

The C-ROC is pure sex, though.

10 minutes ago, Rodafowa said:

I'd go with "bloody stupid-looking" myself, but yeah.

It's not even got that K-Wing/Punisher argument ad hilarious-excessivevum thing going for it, it just looks like someone with a craft knife and a not-very-well-stocked bits box has taken it upon themselves to "improve" the TIE-Advanced. 

The C-ROC is pure sex, though.

Yes. I agree.  

I'm liking all of it! 

The Scurrg the least, however - partially because, from above, it just looks flat and boring (much better when viewed frontally) but also because it makes me lament further that there isn't a medium-sized base. 

13 minutes ago, TheHumanHydra said:

I wasn't that excited by Wave 11, but between the discussions and those pictures, I'm starting to come around on the Scurrg. Thanks for posting.

Well, the C-ROC was always a shoe-in for me.  Love 'Rebels', and that design of ship is amazing, so...auto-buy.

Wave 11, though?  Eh...I was all set to pass on it.  The Scurrg I don't hate, it's just..."meh".  And quite a lot of storage space for "meh"!  The Wookie gunship I do dislike, though - not least of which because it's too similar to the Mist Hunter, and the both of them in some kind of competition to see who can "Hind" the best.

I was also about to pass on the TIE Aggressor, but I'm with you - these pics are changing my mind.  Sure, it's a "lazy" design - but at least it does different things with the basic shape, so manages to be a measure less lazy than the TIE: Punishest.  And those 'unguided rockets' DO seem useful in buffing my TIE Bomber squadron...

Interesting to see the comments.  I am pretty happy with what I am seeing.  My first thought was, love me some Tie Agressor.

I am not thrilled with the Auzituck design, but that isn't FFGs fault.  The Scurrg is a boring design, but I am glad Scum doesn't get another large base.

I am a little sad that the Scyk is so hard to see.  I like the new paint job and would have liked to see it in the real world.

I look forward to the future articles and the 360 photos of wave 11.

8 hours ago, MaxPower said:

Sorry if these were already posted elsewhere, if so I didn't notice:

Link with source: (cant embed, working from phone)

https://teamunicorn.eu/2017/03/23/bilder-von-welle-11-und-dem-c-roc/#more-16868

whatsapp-image-2017-03-24-at-01-45-41.jpwhatsapp-image-2017-03-24-at-01-46-00.jpwhatsapp-image-2017-03-24-at-01-46-17.jpwhatsapp-image-2017-03-24-at-01-46-36.jpwhatsapp-image-2017-03-24-at-01-46-44.jpwhatsapp-image-2017-03-24-at-01-46-51.jp

Yay, a wave that isn't going to make me take a loan.

Edited by Marinealver

The Rebel TIE was utterly underwhelming but it introduced a huge new set of Rebel tactics that emphasised their sneaky guerrilla warfare as opposed to a faction that could go toe to TIE with the Galactic Empire.

The Hindbacca though, not only is the model pants (seriously this looks like a beginner's Blender model, more the fault of Rebels' early budget) but... what does it do other than be Rebel tanky without regen? The side arc is just another slap in the face to the U-Wing, which is just a bloated Kihraxz and we already have the awesome ARC-170. The possibility of a crew card for the Tan-tuh-vee is interesting. If the Hindbacca can get Rebels to kick the Biggs habit, then it might be a worthwhile purchase. 

Scurrg looks like that little A-Wing that you meet again after several years and you awkwardly never once mention in the conversation that it's become morbidly obese in a life-threatening way. The prospect of another bomber is exciting, even if limited.

TIE Aggressor looks like a TIE Interceptor prototype that the Academy Pilots got stuck in reverse gear. Superior to the TIE/sf? 

Edited by Lampyridae

You guys are all so picky and whiny. The Aggressor doesn't have a lot of options. A) it's a TIE so it's got to have side foils. B) many configurations for those foils are already taken. C) If the foils had just about any other configuration you'd all be complaining about how dumb it is to have a turret with no field of view. 

The Auzituck does look like a Hind. It's stat seem Hindish. The Hind is awesome. If you're not a Wookiee (and you're not) you should just let them have their style and not comment before they rip your arms off and beat you to death with them. 

I really like the Scurrgs simple design. As a straight forward bomber/heavy fighter its small forward profile is exactly the type of design I'd expect (the opposite of the giant flower please shoot anywhere and you're sure to hit StarViper). 

And I agree the C-ROC is just pretty.