Ahrimon

Which Game Master Kit

Besides the adventure's what's the difference between the game master's kits?  Is there different information on the GM's screens?  Does each one fit their respective game focus better?  Or all of the screens pretty much interchangeable?

They are somewhat geared toward each line.  The screens have minor differences.  The weapons lists match the ones in the book.  The adventure is geared for each line.  The special rules are where they differ.  Age has squad rules (very useful).  I don't remember if Edge had a special rule.  FaD I think has expanded lightsaber construction rules?

AoR is the best imo.

The Squads and Squadrons rules are super useful especially if your players go for high damage builds.

By comparison EotE has nemesis upgrade rules which arent that useful by comparison, and FaD has saber construction which are presented in more detail in another supp (endless vigil I think). So if you're comfortable with just upgrading nemesis on your own and you have or are going to get endless vigil, AoR is the best buy.

We like to have each time 3 of those GM screens on the table, one for the Gm and two for the players, because the crit tables and other infos are super handy for players too, makes the GM job a lot easier too when you don't have to look up everything for your sweet adorable PCs who ruin all your well-crafted and planned adventures with crazy ideas. 

But the AoR one for the squadron rules is indeed the most essential. 

The ship is interesting, its shape actually adding to the narrative (forward living spaces, engines/reactor aft, separated by a narrow access). 

42 minutes ago, Vestij Jai Galaar said:

There is also some stuff on navigating near black holes.

I may have missed it, but I believe the black hole was intended as a plot device, and they stayed well away from any mechanics regarding it.

Edited by Edgehawk