Sign in to follow this  
Mbguy

First tourney help!

I'm playing in a mini tournament in a few weeks and need some input.  It's my first team play and I want to make a good showing.

It's an "Escape from Hoth" ESB themed tourney, so I'm limited to either 2 X-Wings or 1 X-Wing & 1 Y-Wing.  The opposition is made up of TIE Fighters & Bombers.  The X-Wing pilots allowed are Luke, Wedge, Hobbie, Wes, Tarn, Red Squadron Pilot, and Rookie Pilot.  The Y-Wing can be Dutch, Horton, and Gold/Gray Squadron Pilot.  1 named pilot (and droid) per player.  Luke & R2-D2 are already taken.  Also, I'm limited to 70 pts. total.

In spite of all those restrictions, I came up with the following list.  Let me know what you think. 

Wedge (29), Expert Handling (2), Seismic Torpedo (2), R2 Astromech (1), Vectored Thrusters (2) =36
Gray Squad Pilot (20), TLT (6), Bomb Loadout (0), Targeting Astromech (2), Seismic Charges (2), Engine Upgrade (4), BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0) =34

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Mbguy
Added TLT to Y-Wing

perhaps try something like this for burst? use m9G8 on the Ywing for rerolls on shots, since the torps will eat your target locks, this will allow for a pretty good chance of dropping 1 ship in first or at least second round of combat, afterward utilize the TLT/VT/M9G8 to pick off the other, use the red to block if you need to, optionally you could take chimps on the Xwing for a guarenteed crit on the alpha strike, which could be better depending on now things go.

68 points

PILOTS

“Dutch” Vander (38)
Y-Wing (23), R2 Astromech (1), Extra Munitions (2), Proton Torpedoes (4), Twin Laser Turret (6), Vectored Thrusters (2)

Red Squadron Pilot (30)
X-Wing (23), M9-G8 (3), Proton Torpedoes (4), Integrated Astromech (0)