Hexdot

Leia Organa, very good upgrade in Epic

And even better if you play Double Epic, or 800 pts... We see rarely Leia in 100 pts builds. Expensive (4 pts) and that valuable Crew slots.

As we say often you can use cards that are not seen when you play Epic. Imagine a Squadron of 6 X wings executing WHITE K turns after initial head to head aproach and first firing. Or more ships if playing bigger games. White Ks for unlimited number of ships. Use and Discard of course. 

Even if you play 150 pts 3x3 game Leia can shine. I am sad this ultraiconic character is not well suited for 100 pts game...but give her a chance from time to time.

I've always questioned the Princess even in Epic.  Are you really going to be K-turning that many ships in one turn?  Maybe if you are she's worth it.  Maybe.  She's one time use and 4 pts.

Also, Princess Leia has flown star fighters in about every media beyond the movies.  I want to see her as an X-wing pilot.  

Of course not the best EPT. If the battle is the usual Your side to deploy and My side to deploy after first shoots fired a massive K turn and perhaps Red turns (Bs or Ys) changed to White is not a bad move.

8 changes from Red to White are worth 4 of your 300 pts.

I want Leia as pilot too. One of my pals is quite a Fan of Leia aboard  her Y Wing (PS 6, I can not remember her Unique Talent now)

2 hours ago, Hujoe Bigs said:

Except that in both new and old canon, she is indeed given the role of fighter pilot when she is younger, during the time periods post first Star Destroyer. 

They're talking about Leia crew, not a hypothetical pilot card.

i always found it difficult to get more than 2 ships wanting to do a red move in the same turn in epic.
Given the mentality they gave her card i dont even know what i would want it tweaked to so i'd use it. If you made it one ship per turn but it wasnt a discard, i think she'd be underpriced by quite a lot given the rangeless any friendly ship clause. Basically turns ANY ship into a Defender perma-kturner as long as her carrier is alive.

I hope when we get Ep8 stuff we get another crew of her only in General form, and its actually GOOD

I think she becomes more useful if you're flying HWKs and B-wings and stuff like that. There is enough red on those dials to make use of her without needing a Koiogran turn. Then again, you probably don't want that much red on your dial just to be able to ignore it for one turn.

1) K-turn insurance. Let's say you've got a line of X-wings lined up to joust, and it's that pivotal round where you need to fly past and about-face. Savvy opponents will use one or two fighters to block the K-turns. Leia's ability to change those to white maneuvers means that the blocked ships can try again the following turn because they're not stressed. Those that successfully K-turned get actions, which can make that round of combat devastating for the opponent if they K-turned with no actions (though Comms Booster could help some of them).

2) The mine wall. Four Y-wings with Cluster Mines and Extra Munitions, K-turn them to land right in front of the enemy, Leia makes it a white maneuver so they can drop their mines in a line across enemy forces. Shoot with any equipped turret, dial a 1-straight next round and do it again (edit: drop another row of mines; Leia is obviously one-time use). Hilarious!

I'm sure there are other uses, especially combined with Raymus Antilles, but I'll just leave it at those two for now.

Edited by Parakitor

11 hours ago, Archangelspiv said:

I felt the same way about Palp.

Yep.  If you dilute Palps down of adjusting 1 roll in 10 for a turn, he's cool, but not out of hand.

9 hours ago, heychadwick said:

I've always questioned the Princess even in Epic.  Are you really going to be K-turning that many ships in one turn?  Maybe if you are she's worth it.  Maybe.  She's one time use and 4 pts.

Also, Princess Leia has flown star fighters in about every media beyond the movies.  I want to see her as an X-wing pilot.  

I tend to fly my ships as a unit, so I can see it happening for me.

I have played a lot of epic games, but I have rarely seen a scenario where multiple ships get a chance to k-turn at the same time.  Then again, I use a Raider on most games, so few people care about k-turning behind it.  The Y-Wing with bombs strategy is nice, but I tried to pull it off with a Y-Wing and "Genius" as a scum player and it rarely worked out.  Most of the time, my opponent would block the Y-Wing.

Just now, Arterial Spray said:

Given the ship she came on i always figured that the intention was for her to primarily be a cinematic/epic card. Which really i don't have a problem with, she's a commander not a fighter pilot after all. 

The thing is, Leia easily spends more time on the Millennium Falcon than any other ship in the movies. So why is her crew card useless in 100 point games where you can field the Millennium Falcon?

8 hours ago, WingedSpider said:

The thing is, Leia easily spends more time on the Millennium Falcon than any other ship in the movies. So why is her crew card useless in 100 point games where you can field the Millennium Falcon?

To be fair... All she really does on the falcon is shout at Han to hurry up and do things. :P  

And we already have far more crew than the yt can actually take at once, and those other crew are generally more active being co-pilot and gunners and making repairs (have no idea if they are actually good though i only really use crew when playing imperials in epic).