Gosric

Gosrics X Wing models

It's odd, I look at say the root chord vs tip chord proportion & forward sweep in one view and I'm not sure I like it, but in another it looks fine...same with the wing anhedral...does your modelling software also produce a conventional 3-view - just wondering if you could post one as well as these projections?

Really like the underslung engines, but by comparison the upper surfaces look a little flat  & 'bare' - how about just a little more emphasis on the intake slots(?) and/or over-engine intake ramps ?

On 4/1/2017 at 1:16 PM, Gosric said:

More non canon. Old ships but im consolidating. First  The Ravenheart. Corvan scout now smuggler and imperial killer

Ravenheart%202_zpsmblmsdxr.jpg

and the revamp which im waiting for  th_css01ravenheartplan_zps73hvsdxc.jpg

th_css01ravenheartmv_zpsyhzspqql.jpg

Everybodies favourite, Except for those who dont like it judging from the length of the thread *L*  XG-1 Starwing

Starwing_zpsdcfkqqt4.jpg

TIE Spectre. Since FFG makes the Phantom ow i had to use the components  from mine somewhere

Spectre_zpswn4jtwvw.jpg

Ad something big. Sentinel class imperial corvette

Sentinel_zpsbhv7lxsl.jpg

Gosric,

I have numerous of your models... love every one!

That said... I really like the original Ravenhart versus the upgrade.  I especially do not like the revamped nose... ruins the aesthetics, I think.

Just my opinion.

Edited by Chris Maes

More non canon. Old ships but im consolidating. First  The Ravenheart. Corvan scout now smuggler and imperial killer

Everybodies favourite, Except for those who dont like it judging from the length of the thread *L*  XG-1 Starwing

Starwing_zpsdcfkqqt4.jpg

TIE Spectre. Since FFG makes the Phantom ow i had to use the components  from mine somewhere

Spectre_zpswn4jtwvw.jpg

Sentinel_zpsbhv7lxsl.jpg

Gosric,

I have numerous of your models... love every one!

That said... I really like the original Ravenhart versus the upgrade.  I especially do not the revamped nose... ruins the aesthetics, I think.

Just my opinion.

You may be right about the nose on the Ravenheart. But there was a reason for its redesign within our game world. involving the new Corvan homeworld and ship building industry . And after the death of Roland Corrax the Ravenheart was the basis for a new class of small combat vessel designed to be more compatible with the rest of the Rebellions ships. many of which had the chin turret . The original was actually a pre clone wars era design that had been upgraded many times. Im a bit of a stickler for remaining within the aesthetic that i set out and sometimes it doesnt work as well. the model of the revamp will be arriving soon and ill decide if i like it well enough then

On 4/6/2017 at 4:28 AM, Gosric said:

it is still in the relatively early stages. havent done panel lines or any of the usual detailing flourishes. there will definitely be more surface detailing to the intakes etcpulsar_zpstqk0ntda.jpg

On 4/6/2017 at 5:20 AM, ianmiddy said:

Ah, fair enough re the detailing...

...have to confess, still can't make up my mind about the root vs tip chord proportion...will be interested to hear what others think ;)

On 4/6/2017 at 11:26 AM, Gosric said:

im a bit torn myself.

Maybe if you swept the trailing edge of the wings all the way back to the end of the rear deck?

You should make it a version based on a Incom design, Star Wars is flooded with Corellian ships, get some more Incom Love. Give it a oversized x-wing or U-Wing style cockpit glass, make it look like it can seat about 5 in the cockpit area, then because apparently most Incom ships during the era has a moving piece gimmik in order to sell more, have the engines of the ship extend outward in a x-shape so they are a bit further apart, allowing the vessel to have more atmospheric maneuvering, then for space, they close ranks again for more push power.

Starwing_zpsdcfkqqt4.jpg

Spectre_zpswn4jtwvw.jpg

Sentinel_zpsbhv7lxsl.jpg

Oh my, that corvette is righteous. Have you thought about upscaling it and printing it in multiple pieces? Are you printing these yourself? I'd love to see something like this is the 2-3 foot range.

i've considered such things but it seems to me there would be limited use for things like that in the play field. And the shapeways base cost would likely make it prohibitively expensive. it is almost a foot long as it is