Gosric

Gosrics X Wing models

Ok. starting a thread to keep them all n one place. Opinion requested on the E Wing. Pic is newly arrived with base coat of primer and guns not attached. The detailing came out quite well in HDA. But i am wondering if i should enlarge it. The cockpit is the same size roughly as the X Wing but The E Wing itself looks much smaller, . It does have a shorter nose section and shorter wings but what do you think. Should i make it bigger?

Ewingprinted_zpsdxfh76lx.jpg

Edited by Gosric

Went through alll the fiddly 5&$&! Of resetting my password so I could log in on my phone (with my phone); just so I could respond to this.

No, it doesn't need to be bigger, it's eye candy. I dig it.

I expect a like for the tremendous effort I took in telling you that ;)

3 hours ago, Kepora said:

Yeah, but...where's it's guns? XD

i havent attached them at the time of taking the pic. i made it with separate guns to aid in printability and to give the option of having either the daft cannon above the cockpit or a twin y wing style ion turret

1 hour ago, juxstapo said:

Went through alll the fiddly 5&$&! Of resetting my password so I could log in on my phone (with my phone); just so I could respond to this.

No, it doesn't need to be bigger, it's eye candy. I dig it.

I expect a like for the tremendous effort I took in telling you that ;)

Thank you. and ok, i rewarded your effort with a like *L*

On 3/28/2017 at 7:52 PM, Gosric said:

That would b great. i am working on t but it is slow. and m eyes are not what they once were so painting can be a challenge

Well painting is a challenge for me too, but I do my best. I'll post some on anyway. Just everyone be aware my painting is not great.  Just look at the great models not the average painting.

Edited by JJFDVORAK

Thank you.. I tried to make the IRD closer to the description in the original book which sounded like an atmospheric TIE. Funnily enough one of my early ones looked almost exactly like the atmospheric TIE in Rogue one *L*. Those look good. better paiinting than i could do

5 hours ago, morphelia said:

I got three of your designs and love them a lot! I wouldn't mind if they were slightly larger though... but they are beautiful models indeed! Behold mine:

paintedGroup_zpsnkdbkyyz.jpg

Those look very good have contemplated making my E Wings larger. But since they are supposed to be more swift and agile  the consensus is that they should be a bit smaller than the X Wing. But i havent 100% decided yet

More non canon. Old ships but im consolidating. First  The Ravenheart. Corvan scout now smuggler and imperial killer

Ravenheart%202_zpsmblmsdxr.jpg

and the revamp which im waiting for  th_css01ravenheartplan_zps73hvsdxc.jpg

th_css01ravenheartmv_zpsyhzspqql.jpg

Everybodies favourite, Except for those who dont like it judging from the length of the thread *L*  XG-1 Starwing

Starwing_zpsdcfkqqt4.jpg

TIE Spectre. Since FFG makes the Phantom ow i had to use the components  from mine somewhere

Spectre_zpswn4jtwvw.jpg

Ad something big. Sentinel class imperial corvette

Sentinel_zpsbhv7lxsl.jpg

Edited by Gosric

Well. it is not finished. i was curious if there was any point in doing so before i completed it. I i was going to say that putting a turret under the ball was daft *L*. but the whole thing is daft and if there are no chin guns then theoretically the Y Wing turret could be placed there. Which would make this a pretty heavy hitter for an ugly

Edited by Gosric