WWHSD

FAQ 4.3.2 went up today.

69 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

FAQ 4.3.2 is up. It's not clear what all FFG changed because it still has all the same red text as the previous version. It looks like the HSCP entry is still all jacked up but the Q&A has an answer that would seem to be a buff to Targetting Synchronizer.

Edited by WWHSD
That link to the FAQ has totally been there the whole time.

Posted (edited)

Here are the differences I was able to find:

• Setting a straight maneuver with Shaken Pilot was added.
  • Palpatine's errata text (pg 3)  almost matches the new Palpatine card text (pg17) this time.  Maybe they'll finally get them to match in the next version. ;)
  • Q and A on "Game effects that instruct a player to spend a target lock"
  • Q and A on moving a token from one ship to another vs. removing a token from a ship.

That's all of the changes I noticed.

Edited by joeshmoe554

7 minutes ago, joeshmoe554 said:

Setting a straight maneuver with Shaken Pilot was added.

Shaken pilot seems like it is missing something. If you already had a dial assigned when you receive Shaken Pilot it should do nothing at all. The card doesn't stop you from revealing straight maneuvers in the activation phase, it only stops you from assigning them in the planning phase.

Posted (edited)

47 minutes ago, fishlegs said:

That answers the questions about targeting synchroniser then. Spending a target lock to reroll dice is a game effect.

I wonder if FFG waited until after seeing this weekend's System Open results to decide how they wanted to rule on this. At this point, buffs to Targeting Sycnhronizer almost amount to an Imperial buff. 

Imperials have 3 different ships that can fill 3 different roles that have tech slots. Rebels and Scum each have only one. 

Edited by WWHSD

Posted (edited)

So, does this mean  you can use TS to give the crit from ATC on the Advanced? If so, that's a decent buff to them.

Edit: never mind, says spend, this almost certainly doesn't work. Sad.

Edited by DarkArk

2 hours ago, WWHSD said:

I wonder if FFG waited until after seeing this weekend's System Open results to decide how they wanted to rule on this. At this point, buffs to Targeting Sycnhronizer almost amount to an Imperial buff. 

Imperials have 3 different ships that can fill 3 different roles that have tech slots. Rebels and Scum each have only one. 

I would think that your theory is right. (I was using targeting synchronizer at Naboo and got a judge ruling at the time that disallowed its use to reroll attack dice)

4 hours ago, StevenO said:

Only counts if you post the link for everyone to find it easily. :)

I know right? 

Yes, finally a use for the targeting synchronizer, I've eyed it ever since it came out and now it's more worth the points than it seemed to be.

benskywalker likes this

I do keep the old FAQs just to track the changes. All FAQ changes, SO:

• Shaken Pilot, If a ship with a shaken pilot reveals a Straight maneuver, the opposing player may rotate the dial to any non-straight maneuver. If the ship is also stressed, the opposing player must choose any non-red non- straight maneuver. Page 9.
  • Q: What are examples of game effects that instruct a player to spend target locks. A: Requirement for secondary weapons such as Proton Torpedoes, Pilot abilities such as Lt. Colzet, or modifying dice results are examples of spending a target lock. Removing a blue target lock token or assigning a target lock token to a different ship does not. Page 22
  • Q: Is assigning a target lock from one ship to another ship the same as removing a target lock? A: No...(more to follow but I don't want to type it up) Page 22.
Phoenix5454 likes this

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Yoda Man said:

Yes, finally a use for the targeting synchronizer, I've eyed it ever since it came out and now it's more worth the points than it seemed to be.

I'd had some luck with it and FCS on Backdraft flying with ordnance carriers. Allowing Targeting Sync to work when using TLs for dice modification as well will be great for Homing Missiles on lower PS ships. 

I can almost see tossing a TIE/fo with Targetting Sync into a squad just to get a bit of action efficiency for other ships.

Edited by WWHSD

9 hours ago, WWHSD said:

FAQ 4.3.2 is up. It's not clear what all FFG changed because it still has all the same red text as the previous version. It looks like the HSCP entry is still all jacked up but the Q&A has an answer that would seem to be a buff to Targetting Synchronizer.

Nah they fixed the wording on Palp so he works on other ships' dice properly as well.

How they managed to pick the most obscure POSSIBLE wording for HSCP's 'clarification' escapes me.  There are so many possible ways that could have been written more clearly; even now, even knowing exactly what the card is supposed to do, I still read the FAQ entry the wrong way round the first two or three times I looked at it. It fells liek they accidentally a word.

Or, half a dozen.

StriderZessei and VanderLegion like this

Targeting Synchroniser buff is definitely interesting, soft buffs stuff like Interceptors & Strikers that don't have their own TL action.  Definitely a mostly Imperial card.

Mm, it'd be Scummy except that the only Scum that can take it doesn't have TL, and it'd be Rebel except that the Rebels almost all have their own TL actions.

It's Imperial almost by default really, and I can't see using it much except in Homing Missile ordnance lists.  It's a bit too expensive, a bit too limiting, and a bit too jank.

1 minute ago, thespaceinvader said:

Mm, it'd be Scummy except that the only Scum that can take it doesn't have TL, and it'd be Rebel except that the Rebels almost all have their own TL actions.

It's Imperial almost by default really, and I can't see using it much except in Homing Missile ordnance lists.  It's a bit too expensive, a bit too limiting, and a bit too jank.

Not sure about that, giving Soontir/Carnor/Duchess a target lock to reroll their attack dice when they blank out is far from limited jank.  It's already placed (won?) a big tournament a couple of weeks ago with Quickdraw's FCS feeding TLs to Carnor.

benskywalker likes this