Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joyrock

I don't think there's a more fun modern list than the simple triple protectorates.

18 posts in this topic

Fenn Rau, Old Teroch, and Kad Solus with Attanni Mindlink, Seismic Torpedoes, Autothrusters, and title. 

It almost certainly isn't the best list around, but the ships are a blast to fly, and I love the very fast, in your face kind of fight protectorates get, while not having to worry about action economy and almost always having the choice of initiative as it comes in at just 97 points. 

Wishbone, tsondaboy, Jiron and 3 others like this

24 minutes ago, Hawkstrike said:

I beg to differ; I like 3 T-70s or 3 TIE Interceptors!

Also fun, but the protectorates are much more high risk high reward, and usually lead to more fast paced games, which I personally like more :3

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Cerve said:

Pff, change AM with Fearlessness, be a real man!

Yep I like that list too :)

This. Try Cobra + Fenn and 1 other ship with fearlessness (e.g. Zuckuss).

Have you ever wanted to down Ghost, Decimator or Falcon in a single round of firing? This list can and does it consistently.

Edited by Grivoire
nitrobenz likes this

1 hour ago, Grivoire said:

This. Try Cobra + Fenn and 1 other ship with fearlessness (e.g. Zuckuss).

Have you ever wanted to down Ghost, Decimator or Falcon in a single round of firing? This list can and does it consistently.

I've run that before. 18 dice at range 1.

mad mandolorian and Grivoire like this

3 of a kind lists rule! I've been rocking 3 TIE/sfs all with FCS, lightweight frame, and pattern analyzer. Epts to taste. So fun!

I'll have to try your 3 mandeloreans, it looks pretty awesome!

Parakitor likes this

6 hours ago, joyrock said:

Fenn Rau, Old Teroch, and Kad Solus with Attanni Mindlink, Seismic Torpedoes, Autothrusters, and title. 

It almost certainly isn't the best list around, but the ships are a blast to fly, and I love the very fast, in your face kind of fight protectorates get, while not having to worry about action economy and almost always having the choice of initiative as it comes in at just 97 points. 

I actually played against something among these lines recently and is was so effective its was almost not fun at all! lol

53 minutes ago, NakedDex said:

You want a great laugh? 4 Strikers. You want to give yourself AND your opponent a great laugh? 4 Bombers.

I actually have a 4 bomber list lying around lol

2 hours ago, NakedDex said:

You want a great laugh? 4 Strikers. You want to give yourself AND your opponent a great laugh? 4 Bombers.

Careful. With the next wave, 4-5 bomber lists will finally, finally become ascendant.

... With barely a target lock on the board. Not gonna lie, that's going to feel weird...

5 hours ago, NakedDex said:

With 4 Bombers it is usually me who does the laughing :D I remember even back in the day when I tried the first triple K-Wing style list with them (4 Proximity Mine Bombers and a Doomshuttle) I made my opponent say "these TIE bombers seem a but OP". Glorious days.

NakedDex likes this

I played against those pilots but without the Attani. They had the title, fearlessness, and stealth device. I made some poor decisions and my ARCs made for a bad matchup for me but the list did seem like it would be a bit of kick to fly if putting it all on the shoulders of the green dice. TLTs were an issue for the list. 

Anyway, both AM and PTL/VI+SoT are valuable lists. Pretty competitive, but WAY difficult than other standard competitive lists

15 hours ago, Reiver said:

Careful. With the next wave, 4-5 bomber lists will finally, finally become ascendant.

... With barely a target lock on the board. Not gonna lie, that's going to feel weird...

They're already strong. I've been rocking them for ages to the chagrin of many opponents. They're just getting another potential option now.

Try Fenn, Talonbane and Kavil. VI on Kavil for three PS 9 pilots. Use the remaining points to "season to taste". TLT on Kavil for two 4 dice attacks. Only 17 hp but you can do a lot of damage!