CartoonRabbit

60pt league - small only

Been playing around with this list idea for use in my local game shop's 60pt League (if/when they get it going again). Rules are 60pts and small ships only.

Biggs Darklighter (26)

X-Wing (25)

R5 Astromech (1)

Integrated Astromech (0)

Thane Kyrell (34)

ARC-170 (26)

R2D2 (4)

Tail Gunner (2)

Alliance Overhaul (0)

Vectored Thrusters (2)

Total 60pts

Any thoughts? Not looking to play too competitively, but I'm pretty new to the game and I'm wondering how more experienced players would change this list.

56 minutes ago, CartoonRabbit said:

Been playing around with this list idea for use in my local game shop's 60pt League (if/when they get it going again). Rules are 60pts and small ships only.

Biggs Darklighter (26)

X-Wing (25)

R5 Astromech (1)

Integrated Astromech (0)

Thane Kyrell (34)

ARC-170 (26)

R2D2 (4)

Tail Gunner (2)

Alliance Overhaul (0)

Vectored Thrusters (2)

Total 60pts

Any thoughts? Not looking to play too competitively, but I'm pretty new to the game and I'm wondering how more experienced players would change this list.

You'll definitely have good action economy pairing Thane with Biggs.

I would be concerned about swarms killing off Biggs before you could even use R5. As good as tail gunner is, I would suggest switching it for Jan to keep Biggs from one more hit per round while you have him.

Good thought actually; might have to give Jan a try. For the same reason, what would you think about using R3 Astromech with Biggs (or in general)? Or is it just not worth it for the 2 point cost, and given that Biggs is only PS5?

Cheers.

the best 60 points is either a loaded down corran w/ a basic Z or Soontir fel and a X7 generic defender. the rebel list is more forgiving of simple mistakes, as corran is nigh unkillable with focus/evade and regen, both lists are fun to play however, and by playing these lists you can grow quickly as a player, more so if you opt for the imperial list.

[UNNAMED SQUADRON]

Click to change squadron details

60 points

PILOTS

Soontir Fel (32)
TIE Interceptor (27), Push the Limit (3), Autothrusters (2)

Delta Squadron Pilot (28)
TIE Defender (30), TIE/x7 (-2)

[UNNAMED SQUADRON]

Click to change squadron details

60 points

PILOTS

Bandit Squadron Pilot (12)

Corran Horn (48)
E-Wing (35), R2-D2 (4), Fire-Control System (2), Push the Limit (3), Engine Upgrade (4)

This is the kind of thing I need; simple builds that will help me get better at playing. Been pondering getting myself a tie defender actually, and I'm already a fan of interceptors.

Thanks for the tips :)

7 hours ago, CartoonRabbit said:

Good thought actually; might have to give Jan a try. For the same reason, what would you think about using R3 Astromech with Biggs (or in general)? Or is it just not worth it for the 2 point cost, and given that Biggs is only PS5?

Cheers.

R3 astromech is not a very good droid. The only time I would use it is maybe with Norra if she doesn't have PTL to give her a focus/target lock. You can use the target lock to add a focus to cash in on R3. But there are so many other uses for Norra. In your case, like you said, Biggs will likely already have damage before you could use it.

this could be pretty fun too for a scum version ;p they both pack a significant punch!

N’Dru Suhlak (27)
Z-95 Headhunter (17), Homing Missiles (5), “Hot Shot” Blaster (3), Lone Wolf (2), Guidance Chips (0)

Fenn Rau (33)
Protectorate Starfighter (28), Push the Limit (3), Autothrusters (2)

1 hour ago, Jerval said:

this could be pretty fun too for a scum version ;p they both pack a significant punch!

N’Dru Suhlak (27)
Z-95 Headhunter (17), Homing Missiles (5), “Hot Shot” Blaster (3), Lone Wolf (2), Guidance Chips (0)

Fenn Rau (33)
Protectorate Starfighter (28), Push the Limit (3), Autothrusters (2)

Hot Shot is bad.  Glitterstim and Cluster Missiles, then you can give Fenn the title.

For my money the best 60 point small ship list you can build (other than straight up four black cracks which is going to be very solid) is probably Omega Leader and Inquisitor.  People WILL gun for OL early and often, but given that you'll mostly be facing two-ship lists you can probably live with that.

Maybe Rexpertise and Countdown.  Not a huge amount of stress imposition in this format I wouldn't expect.

That or just a maximally loaded Miranda, but don't be that guy.

46 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Hot Shot is bad.  Glitterstim and Cluster Missiles, then you can give Fenn the title.

For my money the best 60 point small ship list you can build (other than straight up four black cracks which is going to be very solid) is probably Omega Leader and Inquisitor.  People WILL gun for OL early and often, but given that you'll mostly be facing two-ship lists you can probably live with that.

Maybe Rexpertise and Countdown.  Not a huge amount of stress imposition in this format I wouldn't expect.

That or just a maximally loaded Miranda, but don't be that guy.

I wouldn't discount hotshot blaster on N'dru. I run him without missiles and with lone wolf. He tends not to be burned down so quickly since he doesn't look like much of a threat, gets a 3-4 dice primary and can have a surprise 4 dice turret. 

The key thing is to remember that hotshot gives you an attack you wouldn't otherwise get. 

And all that for 22 points, 23 if you want to throw in munitions failsafe. 

Hotshot Blaster is nice on N'dru, but not needed.

Fenn NEEDS the title to function properly.  Dropping the title off Fenn to get a nice gimmick on N'dru is foolish imho.  Besides, a bid is a very good idea.  Its not like this format is going to have 0 PS 9 ships out there...

For another list idea for the same format I was thinking of running a tie fighter and punisher, but so far I'm struggling to put a list together that I think might hold its own. Thinking instead of the Fighter maybe I need something like Captain Jonus in there to boost the Punisher's attacks... Thoughts?

This could also be fun, no one is gonna want to target quickdraw for about half the game, use your barrel rolls to line up shots whenever you can, or use focus to keep shields to a minimum of 1 loss per round if you can, maximize your backlash!

60 points

PILOTS

“Quickdraw” (35)
Special Forces TIE (29), Veteran Instincts (1), Accuracy Corrector (3), Special Ops Training (0), Lightweight Frame (2)

“Pure Sabacc” (25)
TIE Striker (22), Veteran Instincts (1), Adaptive Ailerons (0), Lightweight Frame (2)

Luke 60pt (59)

Luke Skywalker (36) - X-Wing

Expertise (4), R2-D2 (4), Integrated Astromech (0)

Green Squadron Pilot (23) - A-Wing

Juke (2), Chardaan Refit (-2), A-Wing Test Pilot (0), Autothrusters (2), Snap Shot (2)

Just put that together today. Luke never needs a focus action, so TL everytime and that lil A can do some work if you slip him in behind and/or use him to block.

3 hours ago, JSwindy said:

Luke 60pt (59)

Luke Skywalker (36) - X-Wing

Expertise (4), R2-D2 (4), Integrated Astromech (0)

Green Squadron Pilot (23) - A-Wing

Juke (2), Chardaan Refit (-2), A-Wing Test Pilot (0), Autothrusters (2), Snap Shot (2)

Just put that together today. Luke never needs a focus action, so TL everytime and that lil A can do some work if you slip him in behind and/or use him to block.

I've used similar but with predator on Luke. This was before Expertise was out and there were a lot of stressbots about. The ability to mod on attack and defence and regen seemed pretty nice.