TasteTheRainbow

Sunny Bounder vs. Kanan

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

If Sunny gets reduced to 1 die does her ability automatically add a second of the same result?

and can I spend a TL to reroll 0 dice?

So if someone reduced her dice by one she can automatically get 3 hits or 3 crits if she rolls one of either?

Edited by TasteTheRainbow

26 minutes ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

If Sunny gets reduced to 1 die does her ability automatically add a second of the same result?

So if someone reduced her dice by one she can automatically get 3 hits or 3 crits if she rolls one of either?

Her ability is once per round, so the latter part doesn't work.  And that's why not.

TasteTheRainbow likes this

Posted (edited)

Also her ability is "once per round" so the, add, re roll, add again won't work. That question came up in a proxy game I was in where she rolled all blanks, added, re rolled and wanted to add again...

Edit: :ph34r:

Edited by nitrobenz
Ninja'd
TasteTheRainbow likes this

2 hours ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

We don't have an answer from FFG yet either way, but I suspect that Sunny's ability won't work if you reroll 0 dice.  You can spend a target lock to reroll 0 dice, but you didn't actually reroll any dice for her ability.

StephenEsven likes this

yes you can spend your TL and choose to re-roll 0 dice. But sunny's ability is once per round so wouldn't really help much.

As for reducing her dice, are you talking about while she rolls or before she rolls?

1 hour ago, Oberron said:

yes you can spend your TL and choose to re-roll 0 dice. But sunny's ability is once per round so wouldn't really help much.

As for reducing her dice, are you talking about while she rolls or before she rolls?

Specifically here was talking about Kanan ability, which is before you roll

I'm looking at this and wondering about something. If I were to have Serissu near Bounder who has a focus token on her, she's attacked with a 4 hit attack for instance. She rolls Evade, Focus, Blank. If I spend the focus, and then get lucky and reroll the blank into an evade, would that then trigger her ability. It seems like it would, and would make sense too as you have the danger of rerolling another focus and having already spent it you couldn't change that result. (FFG seems to be on a kick about making players make decisions, which I personally love, as that is typically what separates the wheat from the chaff). 

Also, they talked about HLC in the article, but I'm wondering about timing on that stuff too. Does Sunny's ability check before or after the Crit -> Hit from HLC? So if I rolled Crit-Hit-Hit-Hit, would the HLC kick in and change it, and then Sunny's ability kicks in? Especially since the FAQ clarified that "immediately" has no actual meaning. I think it's more likely to see this ability used defensively, but I could see it being a pretty neat trick every once in a while.

To the serissu question: yes, that would work.  You could spend the focus first then reroll, gettign an extra evade if you rolled an evade, or if you'd rolled all eyes you could wait to spend it in the hope you might roll another eye and get a fourth or fifth evade from her ability.

To the HLC question, it won't be 100% clear until it's FAQed but my read would be that they have the same timing, so the Bounder player picks resolution order.  If you roll all crits, you could add a crit then degrade.  If you roll all hits then you could add a hit.  If you roll a mix of hits and crits you could degrade then add a hit.

FireSpy likes this