Schwendy

Which Rey would you take?

8 posts in this topic

I just picked up the HoR expansion and am looking to try out a fun list with Rey.  I'm basically completely new to the game so my collection is limited and listed below.  My goal is to just get used to flying and meet some people at the shop.  Which would you choose?  Any minor suggestions?

Rey option 1:

Rey with Sloop Title, Trick Shot, Cluster Missiles, Guidance Chips, Finn

or

Rey option 2:

Rey with Sloop Title, Snap Shot, Finn, Jan Ors

I know neither are an optimal build without Expertise or Kanan, but it seems like either could still be fun.  Having Jan as crew might help mitigate some damage allowing Rey to last a little bit longer.  Option 1 has missiles which I think is just good fun.  Both have faults in the maneuverability department since I don't own Kanan, but I'm wondering how often I'll pull the sloop to warrant the investment in him.  Additionally, these both clock in at 55 points which is just about right.  I can't go above 56 points as I am running her with a couple of vanilla blue squadron B-Wings for 44 points.  Why B-Wings?  Because 1) I've always liked the way they look and 2) so I can call the list Rey-B's.

Here is what I own in case anyone wants to suggest any adjustments.

Both Core sets, Rebel Aces, B-Wing, A-Wing, X-Wing, Tie-Fighter, Tie Advanced, Inquisitor's Tie, Heroes of the Resistance, Y-Wing

1 hour ago, Epixca said:

You can't fly her without Kanan. Just some advice.

Yes you can

This made top 8 at Sacramento Regionals.

Rey + Wired + Finn + Hera Syndulla
Bandit Squadron Pilot
Bandit Squadron Pilot
Bandit Squadron Pilot
Bandit Squadron Pilot

Nice inexpensive build that can kturn forever and doesnt give a rats *** about stress.

JSwindy likes this

29 minutes ago, wurms said:

Yes you can

Bandit Squadron Pilot
Bandit Squadron Pilot
Bandit Squadron Pilot
Bandit Squadron Pilot

Nice inexpensive build that can kturn forever and doesnt give a rats *** about stress.

wurms, did this build have a MF title at all?

18 minutes ago, wurms said:

Yes you can

Bandit Squadron Pilot
Bandit Squadron Pilot
Bandit Squadron Pilot
Bandit Squadron Pilot

Conveniently, each pair of Bandits could become a Blue Squadron Pilot with Fire-Control System, to match the OP's ship selection. OP, Wired and Hera Syndulla seem like fairly cheap upgrades on eBay.

1 minute ago, Schwendy said:

wurms, did this build have a MF title at all?

No, its exactly 100pts. I didnt get a chance to play against it. Not sure I want too :P 

8 hours ago, Schwendy said:

I just picked up the HoR expansion and am looking to try out a fun list with Rey.  I'm basically completely new to the game so my collection is limited and listed below.  My goal is to just get used to flying and meet some people at the shop.  Which would you choose?  Any minor suggestions?

Rey option 1:

Rey with Sloop Title, Trick Shot, Cluster Missiles, Guidance Chips, Finn

or

Rey option 2:

Rey with Sloop Title, Snap Shot, Finn, Jan Ors

I know neither are an optimal build without Expertise or Kanan, but it seems like either could still be fun.  Having Jan as crew might help mitigate some damage allowing Rey to last a little bit longer.  Option 1 has missiles which I think is just good fun.  Both have faults in the maneuverability department since I don't own Kanan, but I'm wondering how often I'll pull the sloop to warrant the investment in him.  Additionally, these both clock in at 55 points which is just about right.  I can't go above 56 points as I am running her with a couple of vanilla blue squadron B-Wings for 44 points.  Why B-Wings?  Because 1) I've always liked the way they look and 2) so I can call the list Rey-B's.

Here is what I own in case anyone wants to suggest any adjustments.

Both Core sets, Rebel Aces, B-Wing, A-Wing, X-Wing, Tie-Fighter, Tie Advanced, Inquisitor's Tie, Heroes of the Resistance, Y-Wing

I'd take #2 with Trick Shot instead of Snap Shot.