Kilcannon

John Wick Character Concept

9 posts in this topic

Working on an ex-assassin of the imperial order turned Rebel Alliance Fighter based on John Wick, but with the force.  Looking for them not to go Jedi route, but use the enhance, misdirect, and sense powers to make them a better fighter, sneaky, and really good with a lot of useful skills.  John Wick was a master with hand to hand, knives, and guns.  

Thinking Jedi Sentinel:  Shadow, Assassin/Sharpshooter/ or Gunslinger, and Martial Artist or Marauder.  Any thoughts.

I note you're not asking the community to build John Wick. That's probably good. 

A John Wick styled force sensitive who uses Sense to gain an advantage. Does he know he's using the Force? If not, I'd likely suggest the Force Exile from Edge of the Empire as your Force Sensitive spec. Plenty of all purpose talents that improve a wide range of things. Uncanny Senses and such helps for initiative and perception, Quick Draw, both a +1 to ranged and then to melee. Gain the Sense power, buy up the combat stuff, buy up to the force pip for your second Force die, then just keep them committed. 

If he knows he's using the Force, then yeah, Shadow looks good. 

It sounds like you have the right idea. Assassin looks good. Gives you Stealth, but not Ranged (Light). Hired Gun: Soldier gives you a ton of great Ranged Combat talents if you haven't looked at that yet. 

Jo'hann Wikk?

I'll do a short thing with career/specializations

Career: Bounty Hunter or Soldier

Starting Specialization-

Sharpshooter or Assassin

Cross-Spec into Force Sensitive Emergent, Get the Forsee Power, then go into either Martial Artist or Marauder.

I was just thinking that the bounty hunter capstone ability (I believed unmatched devastation?  Or something simular) would work really well for a character like John Wick.  Let's you spend a pair of destiny points to make up to 4 extra attacks (maxed out), as long as they're with different weapons.  Of course, that's an EotE class, and not AoR, but half the specs mentioned so far haven't been AoR either =P

One question I always ask is whether the force actually an important part of the character? Is it an addition fact for a more powerful character or is it something that enhances the core concept? If the latter, what difficultys has it caused said character?

Just wanted what specs people recommended.   Not asking for builds.  So thanks for ideas.   

The force is something that has caused issues because they had to hide it and got into trouble when in the Empire.

Edited by Kilcannon