Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thormind

My prediction on Intensity

9 posts in this topic

This card will add an effect to dices modified by focus tokens. It will work a bit like fanatical devotion but with a bonus to both defensive and/or offensive usage. For example: If you use a focus token on attack dices, the first eye that you flipped become a crit. If you used your token on defense, the eyes that you flipped to evade cant be modified by your opponent.

With the C-Roc xpac they said their goal was to add "hit and run" tactics to the Scyk. I think they are going to do the same with Bombers, Punishers and to some extend Aggressors. It fits those ships concept. How this will work: you have Intensity available and you make your attack. Next round you fly out of range and use your focus to flip the card to be able to use it again.

I think it would be a really nice design. It would combo well with Hux and Kylo... What do you think?

Your opponent can;'t modify evades you get from spending a focus token anyway.

My gut feel says it'll be 'flip to assign a focus or evade token at start of combat, at end of combat, flip back by spending a focus or evade'.  NOt sure of price though, and it would have to have some sort of restriction on it s use.  Probably 2 points.

Jetfire and banjobenito like this

It is a 2pt ept.

It will be a dual card since from the sneak peek you can see that it is possible in the end phase to spend an evade token to flip it up.

I don't think that it will add a persistent effect such as reinforce but more likely something like spending an evade token to turn eyeballs into evades by also exhausting the card. 

Therefore if you don't get to use the evade you get to spend it to flip the card to its other face.

Just my two cents eh.

3 hours ago, thespaceinvader said:

Your opponent can;'t modify evades you get from spending a focus token anyway.

My gut feel says it'll be 'flip to assign a focus or evade token at start of combat, at end of combat, flip back by spending a focus or evade'.  NOt sure of price though, and it would have to have some sort of restriction on it s use.  Probably 2 points.

Pretty sure you nailed it.  EPT that gives you PTL for focus/evade without stress but requires you to recharge it later by spending either a spare token or while you bug out the following round.

Edited by Jetfire

Sounds about right: if your opponent refuses to shoot at you and you keep the evade or focus then you can pull it off over and over every round.  If, however, you spent both then you're out of luck until you can recharge.

This is basically exactly what I wanted for Procket Rage A-wings.  Allows you to get 4x greens with rage and prockets on the field with focus&evade and 3 rerolls from rage for a massive burst of damage then zoom away at speed 5 next turn.

Edited by Jetfire

3 hours ago, dotswarlock said:

Sounds about right: if your opponent refuses to shoot at you and you keep the evade or focus then you can pull it off over and over every round.  If, however, you spent both then you're out of luck until you can recharge.

Doesnt sound really "intense" to me... We'll see who's got it pretty soon :-) To me it sounds more like a boost to a regular focus.  Like you become "really" focused.

4 hours ago, Jetfire said:

Pretty sure you nailed it.  EPT that gives you PTL for focus/evade without stress but requires you to recharge it later by spending either a spare token or while you bug out the following round.

I initially thought the same thing then I noticed that there is no Evade token in the spread. 

What If if it is Poe's ability as a EPT? However, if you DO spend that focus token then you become exhausted at the end of theach turn. 

If you didn't, then good on you.