MasterKazur

Council Level Adventure

Hi guys.

I've been hearing (on the Order 66 podcast, which is just amazing) about this Council Level Adventure, where this cat from FFG, made stats for the Jedi Council members and ran an adventure for them. It was at a gamer con somewhere. Now, would these stats be available somewhere? 

I am really into statting out the iconic characters, even though I get the feeling that it is an unpopular opinion around here ;) I just like comparing them, and setting some flexible benchmarks for my players. So if anyone has any idea of where to find them (if at all possible) I would be really grateful. 

Well this is cool to see interest in! Some facts: Yes, I wrote a convention module for gamer nation con 2016 that featured 6 Jedi Council members as PCs. Each PC had between 1600-2200 XP with Luminara Unduli on the low end and Master Yoda on the high end. I mostly did this because first, I thought it'd be awesome. And second, as a guy working on the game, I was really curious to see if the game broke down at all at higher XP, or if it scaled really nicely. As it turned out, with the exception of a few Force powers (like Move), it scales really nicely. 

Sadly, my understanding of the rules is that I can't really write and share Star Wars fan material (which is basically what this is) online while I'm being employed to work on that line. So I really can't share that stuff at this time. But, if you know you're going to a convention I am also going to, and really really want me to run it for you, I can possibly be convinced! Follow me on twitter or facebook to get a better feel for my convention schedule. 

4 hours ago, KRKappel said:

Well this is cool to see interest in! Some facts: Yes, I wrote a convention module for gamer nation con 2016 that featured 6 Jedi Council members as PCs. Each PC had between 1600-2200 XP with Luminara Unduli on the low end and Master Yoda on the high end. I mostly did this because first, I thought it'd be awesome. And second, as a guy working on the game, I was really curious to see if the game broke down at all at higher XP, or if it scaled really nicely. As it turned out, with the exception of a few Force powers (like Move), it scales really nicely. 

Sadly, my understanding of the rules is that I can't really write and share Star Wars fan material (which is basically what this is) online while I'm being employed to work on that line. So I really can't share that stuff at this time. But, if you know you're going to a convention I am also going to, and really really want me to run it for you, I can possibly be convinced! Follow me on twitter or facebook to get a better feel for my convention schedule. 

Thanks for the response, KRKappel.

I completely understand about the restrictions on sharing, but it never hurts to ask, right? :) 

Keep doing great work for FFG and I'll keep buying and playing! 

Have a good one. 

Well, if it can't be shared, then how about published? We need more adventures for the SWRPG line. A collection of adventures say, including a Boba Fett solo adventure, the Jedi Council group adventure, a Poe Dameron espionage scenario--all including high level or iconic pre-gens. Take my money! 

Yoda had a Force Rating 4. He was a Sage, Ataru Striker, Seer build, all Willpower and Presence, very little anything else. He was also quite squishy, but he had great deflect, parry, and protect force power. including starting XP, he had 2120 XP. And since I was using an OggDude generator, I just used the Arcona species for him, which seemed the best pick at the time for what was available in the generator. 

This is not an adventure FFG would likely ever want to publish. It's really a science experiment. 

That said, I did write it up like an adventure, visiting a few worlds, including Ando (home of the aqualish). 

And I'll be at GamerNation Con and Star Wars Celebration Orlando in April, and GenCon in August. So if anyone really really really wants to play this module, I do still have it. You just need to let me know, gather some friends equally enthusiastic, and get with me on here a couple of weeks before the con so I can print out my materials and such.

I also do a great Imperial Con Module series where you play as 501st imperial stormtroopers working for Darth Vader, playing through the events of the classic trilogy. The first module is ANH, where you take the Tantive IV, investigate the supposed rebel base on dantooine, and then head back to the death star over yavin IV after finding out its a dead end. The second has the Battle of Hoth and some Bespin stuff. The third has a fight with Bothans to leak the Death Star plans, and some Endor action. People really like those. 

2 hours ago, KRKappel said:

The third has a fight with Bothans to leak the Death Star plans, and some Endor action. People really like those. 

I still need to catch part 3.

I'm really going to hope that this doesn't come off as me sounding ignorant, because with this system, that's more than possible, but I think it's rather nice to see even a high-end, iconic character, and NOT have them made of absurdium. Granted, 2100 XP sounds like a lot to me, but only FR 4, and no infinite hit points to keep him standing for another 900 years (in the past, the only way to one-shot the Emperor was to destroy his shuttle, before he got off of it, as it has much less health, and defenses, than he did). On the one hand, I'm still sad that this system can't easily have one BBEG solo a party of characters, at least for a while, without minions, more minions, and 3+ environmental hazards, at their control, but it is really nice to see that the best of the best don't need to be hidden behind such stats as leave the "regulars" out in the cold, never able to land a hit, or only chipping pixels off of their airport runway of a health bar, as it were.