Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JJFDVORAK

[CCL] All systems will bow to the First Order

42 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

You need to put a purple +1 on the electromagnetic fins card so that you actually have an energy capacity. (I might have been ninja'd on this, I didn't read all the comments :ph34r: )

edit: see Vector and other titles

Edited by nitrobenz
Added link for Vector title
UnitOmega likes this

Posted (edited)

23 minutes ago, nitrobenz said:

You need to put a purple +1 on the electromagnetic fins card so that you actually have an energy capacity. (I might have been ninja'd on this, I didn't read all the comments :ph34r: )

edit: see Vector and other titles

Cool, I'll do that.

Actually if I did that, wouldn't that give the ship an energy at the start of the game? I don't really want the ship to have energy in and of itself. It gets one energy and if it doesn't use it, it looses it. 

Edited by JJFDVORAK
nitrobenz likes this

I updated the Boarding Party card based on suggestions and added it to the OP. I'll put it here to. What do you think?

Boarding-Party-Front-Face_1.jpg

Good point on starting with energy, you could just put a purple one on the card and say "place one energy on this card" in the text. I brought it up because a ship cannot have more energy on it that its capacity. Cards can also have energy capacity, but don't start charged so that might be the way to go.

JJFDVORAK likes this

Posted (edited)

Revision to boarding party looks good to me. I love the expanded crew card (not "this only" :)

Looking at it again Electromagnetic fins is really wordy. How about making it a dual side: first part same on both sides, second part is "slide maneuver" on one side Regen on the other, and finish both sides with "during the end step you may flip this card."

Edited by nitrobenz
JJFDVORAK likes this

5 minutes ago, nitrobenz said:

Revision to boarding party looks good to me. I love the expanded crew card (not "this only" :)

Looking at it again Electromagnetic fins is really wordy. How about making it a dual side: first part same on both sides, second part is "slide maneuver" on one side Regen on the other, and finish both sides with "during the end step you may flip this card."

I actually agree with you about the wordiness. But I want the option to do both in one turn if somehow you can ever get an extra energy token. Also I hate Dual sided cards. 

Ok so I also just redid my Captain Phasma crew card. I am going to add it to the OP. Here it is as well. 

Captain-Phasma-Front-Face_1.jpg

This card works on its own as a stress dealer, but really helps with a boarding party. That was the idea. What do you think?

Maybe 2 points for Phasma crew? Consider what she does compared to similar effects, 2 points for:

- R3-A2: stress only from attack, r1-3 in arc, stacks

- Tactician: stress only from attack, r2 in arc, stacks

- Kylo's shuttle: end of combat, r1-2 no arc, unstressed target (opponent can pick a different unstressed ship in range)

- Flechette Torpedo: only from attack, r2-3 in arc with target lock, stacks but only on low hull targets

- Fletchette Cannon: only from attack, r1-3 in arc, unstressed target

I'd say Phasma crew is overall better than all of these (with the possible exception of R3-A2) because she can stress a Target before they move which means they have to act stressed (do a green) to be on the safe side. If she's higher ps then she's throwing stress at somebody at r1 after a boost/barrel roll. Either way a generic is stress out for an additional turn which is pretty awesome. 

2 points still might be a little under cost...

2 minutes ago, nitrobenz said:

Maybe 2 points for Phasma crew? Consider what she does compared to similar effects, 2 points for:

- R3-A2: stress only from attack, r1-3 in arc, stacks

- Tactician: stress only from attack, r2 in arc, stacks

- Kylo's shuttle: end of combat, r1-2 no arc, unstressed target (opponent can pick a different unstressed ship in range)

- Flechette Torpedo: only from attack, r2-3 in arc with target lock, stacks but only on low hull targets

- Fletchette Cannon: only from attack, r1-3 in arc, unstressed target

I'd say Phasma crew is overall better than all of these (with the possible exception of R3-A2) because she can stress a Target before they move which means they have to act stressed (do a green) to be on the safe side. If she's higher ps then she's throwing stress at somebody at r1 after a boost/barrel roll. Either way a generic is stress out for an additional turn which is pretty awesome. 

2 points still might be a little under cost...

Yeah you're right. Originally I had it at the start of the Combat phase but then changed it to match Boarding Party team. I may have to rework it to make it slightly less good or just make her 2 points. Would that make it more balanced? 

I would prefer if Expanded Crew Compartment was a double crew upgrade, with the ships upgrade bar boosted to match. A teamb is at least 2 people- it doesnt make sence to stick one in a Bwing E2 or Awing Trainer, but expanding a lambada, falcon or houbds tooth  into a cheap team transport makes plenty of sense.

nitrobenz likes this

12 hours ago, Rakaydos said:

I would prefer if Expanded Crew Compartment was a double crew upgrade, with the ships upgrade bar boosted to match. A teamb is at least 2 people- it doesnt make sence to stick one in a Bwing E2 or Awing Trainer, but expanding a lambada, falcon or houbds tooth  into a cheap team transport makes plenty of sense.

This is true, I guess. I just wanted the AAL to be able to take 2 teams, but not Palp. Also teams are really of limited use anyway outside of Epic. I just wanted to put two AALs (one with Phasma and 1 Boarding Party and the other with 2 Boarding Parties, on the table across from a CR90 and board the crap out of it after a few rounds of shooting. Or better yet a Ghost, because the stress of their FZ0 blasters would help with dealing damage. 

I just updated Electromagnetic Thrust Vectoring Fins in the OP. Here'sthe new version.

Electromagnetic-Thrust-Vectoring-Fins-Fr

It is almost identical, except now instead of automatically happening at the start of the Combat phase, it happens after you perform an action. That way if you are stressed or bump or run over an obstacle, and lose your action, you can't rotate 90 degrees. Also it makes more sense now, because it could help you use Boarding Party and the delivery of troops is the reason the AAL had Electromagnetic Thrust Vectoring Fins in the first place.

24 minutes ago, AwesomeJedi said:

Captain Phasma should say "Imperial only."

Well  she was rather obliging in lowering the shieldsfor the resistance. :P If she'd just. Said no, even if they'd killed her, odds are the whole attack on the base fails

JJFDVORAK likes this

1 hour ago, AwesomeJedi said:

Captain Phasma should say "Imperial only."

Duh. My bad. I will fix it on my end, but I already submitted it, but if I make it through the first round, I'll fix it in the actual CCL. 

58 minutes ago, VanderLegion said:

Well  she was rather obliging in lowering the shieldsfor the resistance. :P If she'd just. Said no, even if they'd killed her, odds are the whole attack on the base fails

Yeah she was kind of a big joke. My original card for her was a reflection of that and only gave stress to low PS generics,(she is only scarry if you are a schmuck)but I know low PS generics aren't used as much and that would really limit the card, so I made it the current version. Still worse for generics though.:D

Edited by JJFDVORAK

Voting has gone live on the CCL Imperial entries. Here is the link to the voting announcement page. Click the link in the first post.  My entry is labeled Atmospheric Lander and is the 6th entry - right after Star Courier (I think) Anyway, I hope you like my attemp at the Atmospheric Assault Lander and will give me a positive vote. Thanks.

nitrobenz likes this