Kdubb

The Auzituck Gunship should have a hull value of 0.15

55 posts in this topic

Yes, artifical gravitational and inertial dampners are space magic, and real world ship design would be very different. Of course, the ships don't fly like space ships either, but nobody complains about that.

On 3/19/2017 at 9:11 PM, Hawkstrike said:

Wait until the Ewok glider comes out with Attack 4.

4 attack, bombs, and so nimble it probably needs the reinforce action behind 3agi to match the source material.

I picture something like this.

FFG%20Ewok%20Glider.png

Astech, Stoneface, Hexdot and 3 others like this

58 minutes ago, ViscerothSWG said:

4 attack, bombs, and so nimble it probably needs the reinforce action behind 3agi to match the source material.

FFG%20Ewok%20Glider.png

Hey, that's incorrect! Ewoks don't need breathing mask in the space. 

(BTW, from where the bombs are released?)

14 hours ago, any2cards said:

Sure, and if we are going to be nit picky about it, inertial damping is just that ... damping.  Doesn't mean that it eliminates all inertial forces ... it just lessens them for the pilot to survive some of the moves made ... initiate a severe enough move where the dampeners don't compensate correctly and ... SPLAT.  Now the pilot is swimming in pulp ... or is pulp ... or both ... :P

Star Wars inertial dampeners DO eliminate all forces though as far as the pilot is concerned, at least in legends. Most fighter pilots would dial it down to 95% to still be able to get a feel for what was happening

1 hour ago, ViscerothSWG said:

FFG%20Ewok%20Glider.png

Of course, new rebel three crew platform as well...

Maybe a title with systems slot, the complex hinges are no easy feat to maneuver.

On 20.3.2017 at 2:51 PM, any2cards said:

Sure, and if we are going to be nit picky about it, inertial damping is just that ... damping.  Doesn't mean that it eliminates all inertial forces ... it just lessens them for the pilot to survive some of the moves made ... initiate a severe enough move where the dampeners don't compensate correctly and ... SPLAT.  Now the pilot is swimming in pulp ... or is pulp ... or both ... :P

Star Destroyers have an acceleration of 1200g and people still can walk and work without much change. So the dampeners are very strong ;)

skotothalamos likes this

5 minutes ago, RogueLeader42 said:

Star Destroyers have an acceleration of 1200g and people still can walk and work without much change. So the dampeners are very strong ;)

For the record most humans pass out around 5g without special training ala fighter pilots.

Also this thread is amazing. I love me some hard wookie wood.

On 3/19/2017 at 5:52 PM, Kdubb said:

*face palm* 

A discussion such as this taken seriously would be as dumb as those discussions that take place trying to explain how star wars star fighters maneuver in space as if their purely fictional "space" has any set standard comparable to our universes space.

In other words... I'm aware.

That still doesn't address my point about space wood. It's wood, but in space!

I mean, RotJ should have informed you that Endor wood was stronger than AT-ST armor. Arrows and spears built from it were even capable of overcoming the blast armor of Imperial Stormtroopers.

Now take that wood, and make it stronger, because Wookiees. That's some strong wood right there.

In conclusion, SCIENCE.

ViscerothSWG likes this

16 hours ago, Odanan said:

Hey, that's incorrect! Ewoks don't need breathing mask in the space. 

(BTW, from where the bombs are released?)

Perhaps this is a question you do not really want the answer too.

ViscerothSWG, Squark and Odanan like this

1 hour ago, Garian Dagarkin said:

Perhaps this is a question you do not really want the answer too.

New type of bombs? (will be OP for sure)

The thing I love about these kind of posts, and yes I do realise/believe that it is all tongue in cheek bit of fun, is that certain parts of a Universe are taken out and scrutinised as being totally unbelievable. Yet entire planets being made of a single topography, "the Force" and a multitude of other things are all OK. It's someone's imagination, Those trees could be the strongest thing in the Universe, but then how are they milled I hear you say? The questioning continues....

Posted (edited)

careful cutting can be done with a lot of stuff that wouldn't harm something if used as a weapon. after all, a stream of water can be used to Cut metal! so i have no doubt that there are saws and tools that can cut and shape even metal-tough wood. particularly in a setting where there are tools like lightsabers able to slice through metal with ease.

Edited by mithril2098

5 hours ago, Mep said:

While all of this is pure fantasy, in the real universe, carbon can form far stronger structures than metals.

Such as diamonds. 

The real questions should be:

why are we getting the greatest Wookie bounty hunter's ship but not Krrsantan?

why aren't we getting the Assault Gunboat first?

As for all this talk about Wroshyr wood, a canon source (SW, Clone Wars Season 5's Padawan arc) states that wroshyr wood is as hard as steel. The ship is good.

Wookie Wood is at least as strong as Superman's Steel.

One thing that has always bugged me about human's depicting alien life is that it is so often compared to human existence. "Real" Alien Lifeforms could be beyond our reasoning/reckoning/comprehension.

In that light, an "Alien tree" could have any # of characteristics beyond what we know. Idk if we even for sure know this wookie tree photosynthesizes the same way our trees do. Somehow oxygen is produced on the planet, as "humans" have dwelled there, but it might be because of the trees, or CO2, or H2O.

On 20.3.2017 at 3:25 AM, Slugrage said:

Interior. Not hull..

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Auzituck_anti-slaver_gunship: "The interiors were made from wroshyr trees, with sap serving as glue."

It's also from SW:Rebels, not the Holiday Special.

On 20.3.2017 at 3:40 AM, any2cards said:

So basically any G forces and inertial changes what so ever and the interior is simply pulp.  But the exterior will live on ...

But it looks so nice and comfy for Wookie Tea Time, when all the furry fellas sit down in front of the built-in chimney...

GrimmyV likes this

2 hours ago, Lobokai said:

The real questions should be:

why are we getting the greatest Wookie bounty hunter's ship but not Krrsantan?

why aren't we getting the Assault Gunboat first?

Wait there is a Wookie named Santa?

IMG_4491.thumb.JPG.26b57b09a5b0eae5f74f31b440f54601.JPG

Also, the Assault Gunboat will never happen! It's not a TIE 😬

1 hour ago, ForceM said:

Wait there is a Wookie named Santa?

IMG_4491.thumb.JPG.26b57b09a5b0eae5f74f31b440f54601.JPG

Also, the Assault Gunboat will never happen! It's not a TIE 😬

Blasphemy!  GUNBOAT will decend from the starry sky and Defend the Empire once more as the chosen one.

Lobokai likes this

18 hours ago, John Rainbow said:

For the record most humans pass out around 5g without special training ala fighter pilots.

Also this thread is amazing. I love me some hard wookie wood.

As an Aerospace Engineer I'm somewhat aware of this ;)

And as said several times: SW spacecraft have inertial dampening enableing them to accelerate and manouver at insane accelerations. E.g. ISDs with 1200g.

Lampyridae likes this