This came up in a store game a few weeks ago, but was not handled this way.  How can we get official word on this?  My argument was that if I die (upsilon shuttle) and the K-Wing has ISYTDS on it is a condition and does not go away.  Their argument was that it was a condition that I set in play, I dies, so it should go away.

Thoughts?

How can we get official rulings on this?

12 hours ago, n5vei said:

This came up in a store game a few weeks ago, but was not handled this way.  How can we get official word on this?  My argument was that if I die (upsilon shuttle) and the K-Wing has ISYTDS on it is a condition and does not go away.  Their argument was that it was a condition that I set in play, I dies, so it should go away.

Thoughts?

You can submit a rules question to FFG, outside of them adding it to the FAQ that's as official as it gets.

12 hours ago, n5vei said:

Thoughts?

There's no need for an official ruling; nothing on the card says it does away when the ship that applied it dies, so it doesn't.  Contrast with Suppressive Fire, which is removed if Rex is killed.

Nothing to stop you sending in the rules question anyway though.

Neither the card itself or the Conditions ref card call out a "discard" clause for something like the ship was destroyed.

somethingsomethingdarkside just happens to be the only one thats not discarded at the end of the turn (Hux), rendered useless (Debt to Pay), or unable to continue it (Rex goes away if he was unable to hit the same target, so if he dies its still there until after a combat round has gone w/o his presence). Kylo effect can sit on the same ship the entire game if you get unlucky enough.

Its also worth noting that condition cards are assigned to the enemy ship, and when YOU die YOUR upgrades are discarded and no longer in play. The condition card, even if it originated from you, is not YOURS (hence how Debt to Pay even works, as both the card and condition state "you")

Thanks guys!  That explains it.

That brings up another question.... can you apply it to more than one ship or one ship at a time?  It is a really scary card for some people, but fun to have!

Bill R.

26 minutes ago, n5vei said:

Thanks guys!  That explains it.

That brings up another question.... can you apply it to more than one ship or one ship at a time?  It is a really scary card for some people, but fun to have!

Bill R.

One at a time since it is a unique condition

1 hour ago, n5vei said:

The ISYTDS Condition is unique.

If the condition is in play and you are told to assign it to another ship (Kylo said so or someone shot at Kylo's shuttle) you just pick it up and move it to the other ship.  Moving it does NOT allow you to pick a new card to put on it; you only do that when the Condition comes into play.  Note that if there is no damage card on the Condition the Condition is removed from play and if it then returns to play you would have the chance to look for a new card.

A couple ISYTDS questions, then:

1. A ship with ISYTDS is destroyed before the corresponding critical damage is dealt.  Kylo Ren is still alive.  What happens to ISYTDS and the damage card that was selected... discarded, reshuffled, or stays in play?
  2. What about the above situation, but Kylo Ren was previously destroyed?

1: Nothing indicates that the condition leaves play if the ship it is assigned to is destroyed - I'd read this as leaving the condition in play with the card assigned to it, but not assigned to any particular ship.  If you then use Kylo's ability again, it would get assigned to that ship.  But this is worth a rules question, given that this is the only condition that can meaningfully persist in this situation.

2: The condition stays in play if Kylo is destroyed; nothing says to remove it.  Compare and contrast with Suppressive Fire which is explicitly removed if Rex is killed.

All the cards assigned to a destroyed ship are discarded. Condition cards should be no different. Whether the crit on ISYTDS sticks with it when it's discarded in that way, and if not, whether it goes in the Damage Deck discards (and is therefore not available for searching later) is an interesting question.

1 hour ago, emeraldbeacon said:

A couple ISYTDS questions, then:

1. A ship with ISYTDS is destroyed before the corresponding critical damage is dealt.  Kylo Ren is still alive.  What happens to ISYTDS and the damage card that was selected... discarded, reshuffled, or stays in play?
  2. What about the above situation, but Kylo Ren was previously destroyed?

1.  As mentioned when a ship is destroyed it will take everything assigned to it down with it.  ISYTDS is assigned to a ship just like an upgrade or damage card and when the ship is destroyed the condition will also be lost.  With the condition's loss the card assigned to the condition will also be discarded and moved where all the other used damage cards are waiting.

2.  Doesn't matter.  Kylo is needed to ASSIGN the condition but once it's out there it stays until removed either because it gets used/there is no damage card on the condition anymore or because the ship the condition is on is removed from play.  Kylo is needed to move the Condition if it is already assigned or to assign it to a new ship if/when the condition leaves play.

i would assume the crit assigned to the cart just sticks to the card until its applied, even if the ship the condition was assigned to dies. Solely because there isnt very many pilot crits in the deck, and if it got removed it would go to the discard pile not shuffled back in the deck. But i agree, needs clarification.

Edited by Vineheart01

How can ISYTDS be "in play" unless it is assigned to a ship?  If the ship it is on is destroyed then the condition will also leave play.  Now what happens to the damage card that is one ISYTDS when it leaves play?  It seems to me that your options are the damage card also leaves play (but note that if the condition returns to play you must search the DD for a new card which couldn't be the one that is now in "out of play" limbo) or you put damage card in the DD discard pile as it effectively is a damage card assigned to a destroyed ship even if it hadn't been active at the time.

I see NOTHING that would leave me to believe that you could kill a ship under ISYTD but keep the damage card that was on it to use the condition again on another ship.

1 hour ago, StevenO said:

1.  As mentioned when a ship is destroyed it will take everything assigned to it down with it.  ISYTDS is assigned to a ship just like an upgrade or damage card and when the ship is destroyed the condition will also be lost.  With the condition's loss the card assigned to the condition will also be discarded and moved where all the other used damage cards are waiting.

Clearly, the condition card would be removed from the destroyed ship.  The big question is, where does that critical damage card go?

1. Is it discarded, never* to be used again in that game?
  2. Is it returned to the damage deck, and if so, where & how? Does it go...
    1. ...on top of the damage deck?
    2. ...on the bottom?
    3. ...reshuffled in?
  3. Does that critical card stick to ISYTDS as it's removed from play, and stay there when/if ISYTDS comes into play again?

I'm leaning towards #1, of course, as the most logical result... but I can see arguments for any of those.

* - Unless the damage deck somehow runs out of cards, in which case you reshuffle and start over.

2 hours ago, emeraldbeacon said:

Clearly, the condition card would be removed from the destroyed ship.  The big question is, where does that critical damage card go?

1. Is it discarded, never* to be used again in that game?
  2. Is it returned to the damage deck, and if so, where & how? Does it go...
    1. ...on top of the damage deck?
    2. ...on the bottom?
    3. ...reshuffled in?
  3. Does that critical card stick to ISYTDS as it's removed from play, and stay there when/if ISYTDS comes into play again?

I'm leaning towards #1, of course, as the most logical result... but I can see arguments for any of those.

* - Unless the damage deck somehow runs out of cards, in which case you reshuffle and start over.

You can easily eliminate #3 and the condition instructs you to search the DD for a card when it comes into play.  This means there can't be a card already "stuck" to ISYTDS.  The #2 result is so illogical as there is no mechanic in the game which has you add cards to a DD; of course before ISYTDS there were no cards that really cared what identity of any unrevealed damage cards were either in play or still hiding in the DD.  That pretty much only leaves option #1.