FrogTrigger

New X-Wing coming... with The Last Jedi?

Mild spoilers about the teaser trailer for Episode 8:

• There is a ship which looks to be a new design or an X-Wing of sorts appearing above a blue planet at high speed. 
  • And the shot with the ship looked to be an X-Wing model, which zooms on the screen at an alarming rate.
  • We only know that this is a newly designed ship that looks similar to an X-Wing.

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2017/03/brief-description-of-two-shots-from-the-last-jedi-teaser-trailer.html

The teaser is set to air at Star Wars Celebration in Orlando.

This new X-Wing is the hero this forum needs.

Yes, we've already had one X-Wing from The Force Unleashed which doesn't really see table time, we don't need another.

Wedge, Wes, Luke, Hobbie, Porkins, Biggs, Garven and Tarn all need some love.  It's been far too long since Bloody Daggers was a thing, and Biggs Walks The Dogs won Worlds.

MAKE THE T-65 GREAT AGAIN!

Edited by FTS Gecko

4 minutes ago, Stoneface said:

Of course it just might be an X-wing and they, whoever they is, just didn't or couldn't confirm it. Heck, it might be Luke heading to Han's funeral, which is very possible.

Hopefully we'll get a scene of Luke talking with Han's force ghost so the special edition version of the film can replace Harrison Ford with Alden Ehrenreich.

1 minute ago, LunarSol said:

Hopefully we'll get a scene of Luke talking with Han's force ghost so the special edition version of the film can replace Harrison Ford with Alden Ehrenreich.

I think I would rather have Ford's lopsided grin over the new guy.

8 minutes ago, Karhedron said:

Based on these pics it looks like Luke is flying some sort of A-wing (which would explain why he didn't take R2 with him).

335467C300000578-3547750-image-a-91_1461[/img]

10/10 would take Prince Harry as an A-wing pilot. The guy is literally a former tank commander turned Apache pilot. He'd be insta-badass.

Although, he should technically be for the Imperials I guess...

if they merely LOOK like an Xwing but behave totally different i'd be fine with another.

Just please, please not another "Its this ship, +1!" type thing. Such a mentality is doomed to either being too expensive to be worth the +1 or it completely kills the original.

38 minutes ago, NakedDex said:

10/10 would take Prince Harry as an A-wing pilot. The guy is literally a former tank commander turned Apache pilot. He'd be insta-badass.

Although, he should technically be for the Imperials I guess...

A Prince Harry cameo as an A-Wing pilot would be rad. And since virtually every person who gets any screen time in Star Wars gets back story and lore attached to them, you could have it that he was the son of former Imperial Loyalists, and joined the Resistance to stop the First Order from restarting the Empire.

25 minutes ago, SabineKey said:

On a side note, how would we feel if the new A-Wing was a 3 attack ace comparable to the Fang Fighters? Would that push the old awnings out too much?

I feel sad for the A-Wings because I think they would have been very differently nowadays with all the designers have learned. In the fluff, the A-Wings have maneuverable turrets that are extremely accurate if locked onto a particular target (but don't do much damage) AND can swivel to shoot above, below, or behind. In light of this, I would love to see the A-Wing get an Auxiliary Firing arc that needed a Target lock to fire in the rear, and something like TLT in the sense that they throw alot of dice but can only ever deal 1 damage, or something like that, to make them cheap little gnats that slowly grind your health down. That would make them unique. As it is, the A-Wings are already quite pushed out by the Protectorate (just a hair more expensive, basically same health) or the Interceptor (which now is long in the tooth as well). I love the A-Wings, but they are just too expensive for that measly 2 die primary. I would love to see a new A-Wing that had some tricks up it's sleeve, like they've done with the recent releases.

If the A-wings gained one more attack die, that would be amazing. The only question I have is, would they be a whole new model such as the T-70 X vs. the T-65? Or would it be an alternative title because the older ships have been upgraded? Plus there'd have to be some push/pull in the stats or dial to keep the new A from being over powered. Maybe drop a shield and add a hull? They could then take the new Pulsed Ray Shield:

swx58-pulsed-ray-shield.png

It's too bad the new Wookiee reinforce upgrade wouldn't work. :(

If this is true I hope the T-70 and T-85 look almost the same, then any T-85 ness could just be added through a title instead of another X-Wing model... 

I also agree with the T-65 X-wing thoughts thus far. Iconic pilots of the Galactic Civil War need some table time again (other than Biggs)