Gavrahil

Night of the Zealot Campaign Guide PDF

15 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Quick Question: would it be possible to get the Campaign Guide (not the Campaign Log) of the "Night of the Zealot" Campaign as an official PDF download? Or maybe I didn't look in the right place?

Edited by Gavrahil

Probably because with card spoilers and rulebooks on free PDG's, the campaign guide is the only thing needed to make the game playable so they have to force players to buy the box for something.

But they published the Campaign Guide for Dunwich. Even updated it, when the first Mythos Pack came out. So I don't understand why they don't do the same for Night of the Zealot???

26 minutes ago, Gavrahil said:

But they published the Campaign Guide for Dunwich. Even updated it, when the first Mythos Pack came out. So I don't understand why they don't do the same for Night of the Zealot???

Because you can't play Dunwich without buying the Core Set. Even if you proxy all cards and download all campaign guide PDF's, you'll still be unable to play NotZ. That's the one missing piece preventing anyone from playing the full game without buying any product.

19 hours ago, Network57 said:

Because you can't play Dunwich without buying the Core Set. Even if you proxy all cards and download all campaign guide PDF's, you'll still be unable to play NotZ. That's the one missing piece preventing anyone from playing the full game without buying any product.

I'm not following. You'd need all the cards spoiled from the Core Set to use the Night of the Zealot campaign guide. But if you had all that spoiled you wouldn't need to buy the core set to play the Dunwich scenarios. So I don't see the difference between having one campaign guide available but another not available. 

Edited by Hedgehobbit

17 minutes ago, Hedgehobbit said:

I'm not following. You'd need all the cards spoiled from the Core Set to use the Night of the Zealot campaign guide. But if you had all that spoiled you wouldn't need to buy the core set to play the Dunwich scenarios. So I don't see the difference between having one campaign guide available but another not available. 

You're not wrong, but you'd be missing out on being able to play the Core campaign.

I understand. It's not a very good reason, since as Hedgehobbit pointed out, you'd need all cards from the Core set spoiled, and at that point I guess you'd be able to find a scanned version of NofZ.

I just hope they'll publish it at some point, since a digital backup is always a plus in these kinda games. And it would be nice to maybe have some sort of official confirm/deny.

Anyways, thanks guys.

2 hours ago, Gavrahil said:

I just hope they'll publish it at some point,

Some point like today? (as mentioned in the post above this, they have published it today and it is now available)

Not only that, but The Dunwich Campain Guide has been updated as well, to include the Essex County Express!

Thank you guys from FFG. YOU ROCK!!!!

57 minutes ago, Gavrahil said:

Not only that, but The Dunwich Campain Guide has been updated as well, to include the Essex County Express!

Well spotted. Will have to update my copy in Google Books! (for reading on the tablet)