gennataos

Why isn't Rey/Poe a thing?

1 hour ago, Zorprime said:

This is pretty much the build to go with IMO.  If I wasn't sold on Rey/Nym I would run it.

Rey — YT-1300 45
Expertise 4
Finn 5
C-3PO 3
Millennium Falcon 1
Ship Total: 58

Poe Dameron — T-70 X-Wing 31
Veteran Instincts 1
R2-D2 4
Advanced Optics 2
Autothrusters 2
Black One 1
Ship Total: 41

I agree

R2D2 > BB8 for me all day long

but I much prefer expertise/engine Rey. 

Edited by Wiredin

39 minutes ago, Wiredin said:

I agree

R2D2 > BB8 for me all day long

but I much prefer expertise/engine Rey. 

I'm well over the BB-8/R2-D2 debates, but I don't think there's much doubt that Expertise/Engine Rey is the best Rey.  Using that version of Rey, there's no room for a regen version of Poe unless you want to lose AT or the tech slot, which would probably be a mistake.

33 minutes ago, gennataos said:

I'm well over the BB-8/R2-D2 debates, but I don't think there's much doubt that Expertise/Engine Rey is the best Rey.  Using that version of Rey, there's no room for a regen version of Poe unless you want to lose AT or the tech slot, which would probably be a mistake.

totally agree. I'd take engine for regen for my playstyle. 

@gennataos any thoughts into flight assist/crackshot instead of bb8/trickshot?

Edited by Wiredin

3 hours ago, Zorprime said:

This is pretty much the build to go with IMO.  If I wasn't sold on Rey/Nym I would run it.

Rey — YT-1300 45
Expertise 4
Finn 5
C-3PO 3
Millennium Falcon 1
Ship Total: 58

Poe Dameron — T-70 X-Wing 31
Veteran Instincts 1
R2-D2 4
Advanced Optics 2
Autothrusters 2
Black One 1
Ship Total: 41

I assuming thats the evade title for the Falcon?

This is kinda my favorite Rey/Poe build, just for fun/theme. Poe is PS9, I usually use the TFA title for the Falcon. 

•Rey (57) - YT-1300
Veteran Instincts (1), •Finn (5), •Chewbacca (4), •Millennium Falcon (1), Smuggling Compartment (0), Inertial Dampeners (1)

•Poe Dameron (43) - T-70 X-Wing
Push The Limit (3), •BB-8 (2), Advanced Optics (2), •Black One (1), Autothrusters (2)

Edited by Kieransi

I've run all different kinds of Poe + Rey.  My favorite flavour at the moment is:

Poe Dameron (PS8 Version) (42)
T-70 X-Wing (31), Black One (1), R2-D2 (4), Advanced Optics (2), Lone Wolf (2), Autothrusters (2)

Rey (58)
YT-1300 (45), Determination (1), Kanan Jarrus (3), Finn (5), Millennium Falcon (Segnor's Loop Version) (1), Smuggling Compartment (0), Countermeasures (3)

If Poe makes it to the end game, he's almost unbeatable; your opponent generally goes after Rey first. Countermeasures is key to surviving harpoons and other alphas (Rey once tanked quad BTL-A4 TLT Y-wings, losing only 3 shields). With a lot of stress running around, Expertise gets shut down easily, so points elsewhere. Oh, yeah, and it turns Blinded Pilot into your favorite crit (plus: F-U Kylo!)

23 hours ago, ccjacks3 said:

I assuming thats the evade title for the Falcon?

Yep.  With a little luck in rolls you can evade a 4 hit harpoon if your miss guess is a blank result & 3 die harpoon which is more common from a deadeye gunboat or scyk.   2 evades on out of arc attacks is also not to be scoffed at.

I went 4-2 at the Beanie regional with this despite not having flown that Poe before. 

Beanie 2018 (100)

Poe Dameron (42) - T-70 X-Wing
Trick Shot (0), R2-D2 (4), Advanced Optics (2), Black One (1), Autothrusters (2)

Rey (58) - YT-1300
Expertise (4), Finn (5), C-3PO (3), Millennium Falcon (1)

Going to change it up a little for Patriot though to this.

Patriot 2018 (100)

Poe Dameron (40) - T-70 X-Wing
Adaptability (0), R2-D2 (4), Advanced Optics (2), Black One (1), Autothrusters (2)

Rey (60) - YT-1300
Expertise (4), Finn (5), C-3PO (3), Millennium Falcon (1), Smuggling Compartment (0), Glitterstim (2)

Potentially could stay alive for one extra round of shooting with glitterstim :)

Guess who's back, back again

Rey/Poe's back, tell a friend

The first 2.0 Resistance list I put on the table was a full kitted Rey/Poe.  I forget exactly how it was built, but I know it had BB-8/Primed Thrusters and it was.....okay.  After two games with it, I dropped it with nary a look back.  I really did think I was going to try harder to make it work, but the lure of shiny new A-Wings was too strong and Poe is my primary, so Rey had to take a back seat.  Now, with the points changes coming and me feeling pretty apathetic about playing lists I had been running in an unsure meta environment, I decided to familiarize myself with Rey again.

I'm really glad I did.  I can't say it's great, but it sure seems good.  I know Morgan has run it in the Aces league and I'm very interested to see how this week plays out for him.  We have a semi-local player who's done well with the combo, so that gives me hope.  I'm surprised I haven't seen more chatter about it.  Rose is flat out broken.  The title is more powerful that I thought it would be.  Rey, as I've built her below, is even more "no consequence" flying that a typical Marauder/Han gunner Boba.  It's an obvious build which flies in an even a more obvious manner.  There's nothing clever about the list and pretty much nothing really clever about playing it.  It just felt like putting on familiar, comfortable clothes.  It felt right.

Rey (80)
Rose Tico (9)
Finn (10)
Engine Upgrade (9)
Rey’s Millennium Falcon (5)

Poe Dameron (68)
Lone Wolf (4)
R4 Astromech (2)
Integrated S-Foils (0)
Black One (2)
Hardpoint: Cannon (0)
Heavy Laser Cannon (4)

Total: 193

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

Edited by gennataos

3 minutes ago, gennataos said:

Guess who's back, back again

Rey/Poe's back, tell a friend

The first 2.0 Resistance list I put on the table was a full kitted Rey/Poe.  I forget exactly how it was built, but I know it had BB-8/Primed Thrusters and it was.....okay.  After two games with it, I dropped it with nary a look back.  I really did think I was going to try harder to make it work, but the lure of shiny new A-Wings was too strong and Poe is my primary, so Rey had to take a back seat.  Now, with the points changes coming and me feeling pretty apathetic about playing lists I had been running in an unsure meta environment, I decided to familiarize myself with Rey again.

I'm really glad I did.  I can't say it's great, but it sure seems good.  I know Morgan has run it in the Aces league and I'm very interested to see how this week plays out for him.  We have a semi-local player who's done well with the combo, so that gives me hope.  I'm surprised I haven't seen more chatter about it.  Rose is flat out broken.  The title is more powerful that I thought it would be.  Rey, as I've built her below, is even more "no consequence" flying that a typical Marauder/Han gunner Boba.  It's an obvious build which flies in an even a more obvious manner.  There's nothing clever about the list and pretty much nothing really clever about playing it.  It just felt like putting on familiar, comfortable clothes.  It felt right.

Rey (80)
Rose Tico (9)
Finn (10)
Engine Upgrade (9)

Poe Dameron (68)
Lone Wolf (4)
R4 Astromech (2)
Integrated S-Foils (0)
Black One (2)
Hardpoint: Cannon (0)
Heavy Laser Cannon (4)

Total: 193

Rose is absolutely stupid.

I'm also going to bet FFG has no idea they've given out what is essentially guaranteed 3 hits per attack for 9 points. She should be 20 points at a minimum, but I'll bet her cost doesn't even budge on the 28th.

1 minute ago, bydand said:

Rose is absolutely stupid.

I'm also going to bet FFG has no idea they've given out what is essentially guaranteed 3 hits per attack for 9 points. She should be 20 points at a minimum, but I'll bet her cost doesn't even budge on the 28th.

She sure does seem like the card most likely to expose an abusive build in Resistance.  

4 minutes ago, ayedubbleyoo said:

That Rey is pretty tasty for 80 points, would be tempted to see if you could fit 2 other good ships with her. 

Rey is 80 base.  She doesn't get all that stuff for 80!

You mean something like this?  I've yet to play it, but I'm going to soon.  I think title might be critical to get the most out of Rey.

Rey (80)

Poe Dameron (68)
Lone Wolf (4)
R4 Astromech (2)
Integrated S-Foils (0)
Black One (2)

L’ulo L’ampar (38)
Heroic (1)

Total: 200

Edited by gennataos

14 minutes ago, ayedubbleyoo said:

Yep, I realised that and edited :D

I have run almost that exact list. 

Another idea was Rey, Bastien (with torpedoes), Lulo but I can only make that fit without Engine Upgrade on Rey.

Bastian is pretty great.  The prevailing opinion seems to be no EU on Rey.  I've not tried it without yet, I felt it would be fairly limiting.  It's probably entirely doable, though.  I'd ignore proton torps in a non-event setting until Monday, though.  

4 hours ago, gennataos said:

She sure does seem like the card most likely to expose an abusive build in Resistance.  

Haha that Rey is ALREADY abusive. 

I genuinely cannot believe people haven't had Rose stapled to every single Resistance build on the table. 

T-70 X-wing - •Poe Dameron - 85
    •Poe Dameron - Trigger-Happy Flyboy (68)
        Heroic (1)
        R4 Astromech (2)
        •Black One (2)
        Integrated S-foils (Open) (0)
        Proton Torpedoes (12)

Scavenged YT-1300 Light Freighter - •Rey - 110
    •Rey - Resourceful Scavenger (80)
        •C-3PO (6)
        •Rose Tico (9)
        •Rey’s Millennium Falcon (5)
        •Finn (10)

Total: 195/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

Also thought about adding Resistance Chewbacca for the free unmodfied crit, but C3PO is helpful in a pinch.

Edited by Cgriffith

7 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Add Cluster Missiles if you can spare the bid. That way, you gain a third arc.

Thought about it, even have run a few games with Clusters, my Rey/Poe build is flexible (add HLC + Ferro. Paint) drop Protorps.  Lots of options. Rose/Finn are non-negotiable. I feel Finn is to important to give up the ability. If your going to use Finn use him.

Edited by Cgriffith
Added information, clarified

1 hour ago, Cgriffith said:

T-70 X-wing - •Poe Dameron - 85
    •Poe Dameron - Trigger-Happy Flyboy (68)
        Heroic (1)
        R4 Astromech (2)
        •Black One (2)
        Integrated S-foils (Open) (0)
        Proton Torpedoes (12)

Scavenged YT-1300 Light Freighter - •Rey - 110
    •Rey - Resourceful Scavenger (80)
        •C-3PO (6)
        •Rose Tico (9)
        •Rey’s Millennium Falcon (5)
        •Finn (10)

Total: 195/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

Also thought about adding Resistance Chewbacca for the free unmodfied crit, but C3PO is helpful in a pinch.

I've found Rey, even with EU as I have her, is stressed a lot.  That makes me concerned about the viability of action-adding upgrades like C-3P0.  You might fly her entirely different, though.

I do think Rey/Poe is good in Hyperspace, but don't bring that to Extended.  Just...NO.

Edited by gennataos

1 hour ago, gennataos said:

I've found Rey, even with EU as I have her, is stressed a lot.  That makes me concerned about the viability of action-adding upgrades like C-3P0.  You might fly her entirely different, though.

I do think Rey/Poe is good in Hyperspace, but don't bring that to Extended.  Just...NO.

I've run Rey with EU, C3PO and even Perceptive Co-Pilot they all have benefits and draw backs. All comes down to how aggressive you are with Rey.