Sign in to follow this  
SolennelBern

Using Mansions of Madness tiles for AHTCG?

Hey! Anyone tried using the MoM room tiles to play Arkham Horror? A lot of the room cards have the same or very similar names as the room tiles...could be looking nice!  

I also have the 1-4 player mat and might give it a try on it! Will mostly play this game solo so this could add some layers of coolness to it!

i only have 1st edition, but i love the idea, at least for the first scenario, it would definitely get people more excite about an already awesome game.

just as you said, there's a perfect amount of tiles for a haunted house game, and with the Dunwhich expansion for MoM (which i dont have) you could even run the devourer below pretty well.

good thinking sir!

I have not used the MoM tiles with AH:TCG, but I do use the minis instead of the investigator mini cards, and the monster minis which I have printed their AH:TCG stats to insert in the bases. It makes the game a little less fiddly and adds more of a board game feel to it. Flipping over those mini cards and flipping them back is usually not necessary as someone at the table can usually remember that they have gone this turn, and someone always forgets to turn a card over anyway.

3 hours ago, AsahinaMaebure said:

I have not used the MoM tiles with AH:TCG, but I do use the minis instead of the investigator mini cards, and the monster minis which I have printed their AH:TCG stats to insert in the bases. It makes the game a little less fiddly and adds more of a board game feel to it. Flipping over those mini cards and flipping them back is usually not necessary as someone at the table can usually remember that they have gone this turn, and someone always forgets to turn a card over anyway.

I have been playing with the paper-board figures from Eldritch Horror and in case one doesn't remember the turns (which sometimes happens to us when playing fast), we just tip the minis over to indicate that they have had their actions

9 hours ago, ParinorB said:

I have been playing with the paper-board figures from Eldritch Horror and in case one doesn't remember the turns (which sometimes happens to us when playing fast), we just tip the minis over to indicate that they have had their actions

Tipping the minis over is a good idea. We are constantly forgetting to flip or refresh our mini cards. Using the minis also saves a lot of table space, since the minis sit on the location cards.