So posting my first real attempt at a good repaint and mod. Seeing as I don't do this often apologize for crappy camera quality and lack of photo box. 

Repaint is inspired by Captain Harlock's Arcadia, skull and crossbones where from an old Gundam model kit I had and the cannon from an old toy.

Tell me how I did and how I can improve

FB_IMG_1489721068596.jpg

FB_IMG_1489721171447.jpg

FB_IMG_1489721177504.jpg

FB_IMG_1489721181826.jpg

To be honest, it's difficult to judge the paintjob because of the pic quality...you really, really need to try and get some shots with the ship in focus, rather than what's behind it...just try shooting against a plainer background so that the camera has an easier time focusing on your ship - you may have to shoot from further away and then crop in on the ship in the centre of the frame, but even the cheapest of camera phones these days should have the resolution to allow this...

...it looks really promising, but just can't make out detail to offer any concrete suggestions :unsure:

I think a light wash would help bring out some of the detail of the model and a hint of dry brush as well.  Looks promising though. Only other comment I have would be to add a different colored panel here or there, just for added visual interest.

If you need a makeshift "photo studio", you can set your ship up on your play mat. Just drape the mat over a box. You light seems to be bright enough, it's the focus that's the problem. If you're using your smart phone, touch the screen on the part that you want to focus on and that should do it.

I like the skull & crossbones btw.