Cubanboy

Happy New Toy Friday

I can not say how much excitement I have for this new wave, I really think its going to be special like how wave 4 was for me at least. In light of new goodness Happy Friday and an amazing weekend!!!

Question for everything is the following,

In light of the new Duel Scum/Rebel ship, if a any existing (non-z95) ship could be for 2 factions (or 3 if you count a scum tie) what would you like to see?

11 minutes ago, JJFDVORAK said:

I have been waiting for a dual faction - Empire/Scum - Preybird for some time.  Pretty much since the release of Scum. 

They could do a Chiss Clawcraft that's scum and empire. 

1 hour ago, Merman said:

They could do a Chiss Clawcraft that's scum and empire. 

I think its easy to say Scum and/or Rebels can steal imps anything. Thanks to Rebels, any eps can turn anything anyway. Which excites me to no end for some reason.  

Scum YT1300 and YT2400, Rebels can keep Solo but Lando is scum! Would also argue that scum needs a slime covered C3PO from when Jaba owned him but that's a crew not a ship.

Stolen Kihraxz fighters for rebels with some new cross faction upgrades. If they stole a Tie why not a Kihraxz?

Happy Friday!

I agree with AdamGATX105 that all the YT's should also have Scum versions, even of the same pilots!  Then again, wait until the new Han Solo movie comes out.  We will probably see it.  

As a report of my gaming last night, it was actually really frustrating.   So....I work a long day.  I work on the other side of town.  I spent 1.5 hours in traffic.  Not just driving down roads, but traffic.  Bumper to bumper half the time and people jostling for position.   It is stressful.   I get to the game store and everyone is waiting on me.  I'm trying to eat and pull out my stuff.    We are doing a big mission.  I get my stuff on the table.  I'm trying to set up a video camera for YouTube stuff.  There is a new guy that needs help and I'm helping him pick stuff.  I'm totally distracted.

OK....I get into my game....and fly like a total idiot.  I am not thinking about the game and make some absolutely horrible decisions.  It's not my first time with this mission and I know what to look out for, but I still just fly stupidly. Their dice is a little above average and mine is a little below average, but my lack of strategy pretty much ends the game after 5-6 rounds.  It's too late to start again.  All this effort and all this setup and.....dud.   All because I didn't even think about what the hell I was doing.   Oh, and everyone packed up and left early that night!  I didn't get another game in.  We sat around and chatted, but that was my only game.   Really aggravating.  

Happy Friday!  

I think that what I like most about this new Wave is the dual faction ship.  More specifically, i love the fact that only one of the pilots is dual faction.  Gives it a good deal more flavor, and we love the fluff, don't we?

1 hour ago, heychadwick said:

As a report of my gaming last night, it was actually really frustrating.     Really aggravating.  

Sorry to read that! Hope the weekend goes better.

Pretty excited about Wave XI, too. Bomber Love and a wonderfully named Twofer: Scurrg!

I just haven't been able to get in any practice on my Rebel list (ARC, Sabine's, and Poe HotR) for Hoth Open at Adepticon, so probably falling back on my Scum Aces (Fenn, Talonbane, Teroch) list, which I know well and like. That's next Friday!

I would love to see a Card Pack with Scum pilots and upgrades for a Falcon--no need for another model, but I'd take it to be able to go Millennium Scum.

I'm not conversant with the "inventory" of available ships that haven't been put into production by FFG, so I'm wondering if a Punisher update/fix could include Scummy goodies.

9 minutes ago, Ob3ron said:

I'm not conversant with the "inventory" of available ships that haven't been put into production by FFG, so I'm wondering if a Punisher update/fix could include Scummy goodies.

The new double missile weapon that comes out with the new Tie Aggressor will do a lot for "fixing" the Punisher. :)

Hey, Chadwick: My shop was in a similar mood too, and we're on the West coast, so maybe there's something in the air.  People showed up late and left early.

I got one "real" game in and I helped another guy play for the first time. Both times I was fumbling onto rocks or slapping ships off position. I knocked my A-wing off the table twice, breaking off the peg the second time (quick & easy super glue fix). And I misplaced one of my dials which annoyed my opponent (thankfully he let me borrow a spare that he had) and then after playing for almost 10 minutes I realized I left my damage deck at home. Fortunately I had the Original Core damage deck in the car. I felt like I was playing X-wing with boxing gloves on and a bucket over my head. 

Such is life X-wing, still we love it.

V-wing could be 3faction release (overhaul for rebels, as is for Scum, Imperial sector police), but design space is pretty much filled already, difficult to find a viable roll for it.

I'd would absolute LOVE seeing totally f-upped, heavily modded,  chewing-gum holding together Scum Arc170s, and decomission awaiting Imperial Arc170s flown by some aces not willing to give them up. All Arc170 named uniques only.:wub:

10 hours ago, heychadwick said:

Happy Friday!

I agree with AdamGATX105 that all the YT's should also have Scum versions, even of the same pilots!  Then again, wait until the new Han Solo movie comes out.  We will probably see it.  

As a report of my gaming last night, it was actually really frustrating.   So....I work a long day.  I work on the other side of town.  I spent 1.5 hours in traffic.  Not just driving down roads, but traffic.  Bumper to bumper half the time and people jostling for position.   It is stressful.   I get to the game store and everyone is waiting on me.  I'm trying to eat and pull out my stuff.    We are doing a big mission.  I get my stuff on the table.  I'm trying to set up a video camera for YouTube stuff.  There is a new guy that needs help and I'm helping him pick stuff.  I'm totally distracted.

OK....I get into my game....and fly like a total idiot.  I am not thinking about the game and make some absolutely horrible decisions.  It's not my first time with this mission and I know what to look out for, but I still just fly stupidly. Their dice is a little above average and mine is a little below average, but my lack of strategy pretty much ends the game after 5-6 rounds.  It's too late to start again.  All this effort and all this setup and.....dud.   All because I didn't even think about what the hell I was doing.   Oh, and everyone packed up and left early that night!  I didn't get another game in.  We sat around and chatted, but that was my only game.   Really aggravating.  

At least you get to play :-p