AdamGATX105

Bossk and Snap Shot

Just to clarify why I think it works his ability is when an attack hits BEFORE dealing damage you can cancel a crit to add 2 hits. Typically you roll dice you mod them defender rolls evade mods them attack hits or miss then Bossk triggers so his ability is after timing window for modding dice. Does it work this way?

Edited by AdamGATX105

Acording to the timing chart and Bossk card FAQ. His ability works in the deal damage step (step 7). Modifying dice is in the modify dice step (step5). Bossk card says "when a ship is hit by Bossks attack do this..."  The determination of a hit is conducted in and after the compare results step (step 6).  By this it looks like Bossk will work with snapshot.  

23 minutes ago, Kanawolf said:

Acording to the timing chart and Bossk card FAQ. His ability works in the deal damage step (step 7). Modifying dice is in the modify dice step (step5). Bossk card says "when a ship is hit by Bossks attack do this..."  The determination of a hit is conducted in and after the compare results step (step 6).  By this it looks like Bossk will work with snapshot.  

No, because you can't modify the dice. Period.

25 minutes ago, Kanawolf said:

It doesn't matter when a modification happens, it's still a modification.

MODIFYING DICE, page 13
Players can modify dice by spending focus, evade, and target lock tokens and by resolving card abilities. Dice can be modified in the following ways:
• Add: To add a die result, place an unused die displaying the result next to the rolled dice. A die added in this way is treated as a normal die for all purposes and can be modified and canceled.
• Change: To change a die result, rotate the die so that its faceup side displays the new result.
• Reroll: To reroll a die result, pick up the die and roll it again.
• Dice can be modified by multiple effects, but a die cannot be rerolled more than once.

Edited by Parravon

7 hours ago, Kanawolf said:

I agree with this, Bossks ability is not in the modify step just like Mauler Mithell, Pure Sabaac, Opportunist or (another post modify) Crackshot. I would think any way to alter dice that works against O Leader should also work with Snapshot. 

Mauler Mithel, Pure Sabaac, Opportunist, Scourge, Fenn, etc etc are not modifications. They are "roll 1 additional dice" which is NOT a mod, if it was than OL would deny range benefits.

Modifications are as quoted above changing a die face, adding a die to a specific face, or rerolling a die. There is no window that makes them modifications or not a modification, if its one of those 3 things its modification. The modification step is the normal mod step the bulk of ways to mod ships happen during.

Bossk cannot add the 2 hits, because that is modification. It does not matter WHEN he does it, its still adding results, which is modding.
edit: also, if that was truely how it worked, C3P0 would not be blocked by OL since he adds his result BEFORE the modification step. But its still considered modding, despite being out of sequence, so he cant do it.

Edited by Vineheart01

5 minutes ago, killerbeardhawk said:

I agree with this, Bossks ability is not in the modify step just like Mauler Mithell, Pure Sabaac, Opportunist or (another post modify) Crackshot. I would think any way to alter dice that works against O Leader should also work with Snapshot. 

Your former sentence is not relevant.  Bossk's ability includes a dice modification which NONE of those so, including Crack Shot.  The types of dice modification are listed upthread; cancelling isn't one of them.

Your latter one is correct - all things that work on OL, work on Snap Shot, including Palp and M9G8 in the relevant contexts.

I'd not noticed before that Bossk's pilot ability doesn't work on OL.  I'll have to remember that.

2 hours ago, thespaceinvader said:

Your former sentence is not relevant.  Bossk's ability includes a dice modification which NONE of those so, including Crack Shot.  The types of dice modification are listed upthread; cancelling isn't one of them.

Your latter one is correct - all things that work on OL, work on Snap Shot, including Palp and M9G8 in the relevant contexts.

I'd not noticed before that Bossk's pilot ability doesn't work on OL.  I'll have to remember that.

Are there other ways to "Modify" dice outside of the "Modify Dice" step?

47 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

Yes there is...the one in question..Bossk

Also C3P0 and newPalp happen BEFORE the modify dice step

HLC happens before as well, as that is after rolling but before mods.

Can you Zuccuss a Palp changed die? Is so I would say it counts as before, if not is just a regular modifier.

i.. what?

Zuckuss doesnt happen out of the mod sequence. Palp does and is protected against Zuckuss because of the bit at the end saying "That die cannot be modified again" - meaning any evade he causes cannot be modded again period, though Crackshot can still cancel it since its not a mod. And Palp CANNOT mod a die against OL if he is on the ship that is TL'd by OL, even though its before the mod dice step (same for HLC, if he rolls any crits they stick around despite not being a "regular modifier" as you call it)

The specific time for which a mod happens is irrelevant. If it is changing a die face, adding a die face, or rerolling a die it is a mod. There is no such thing as a special timing window for it to be considered a mod or something else. And that is exactly how you are describing it - not in the mod step? not a mod.

Forgot you can't change a Palp die. That clause got more power with its new timing. 

I would still say Bossk's ability triggers on Snapshot. It's after the shot is complete. Its in the deal damage step. 

Edited by killerbeardhawk
Adding

Yes it still triggers, and you can cancel a crit all you want

regardless of when it happens adding the 2 hits is modification, cancelling dice is not.
It is still considered part of the attack. Snapshot does not specify a timing window where mods are not allowed, so as long as those dice are a result of the Snapshot attack you cannot mod them PERIOD

2 hours ago, killerbeardhawk said:

Forgot you can't change a Palp die. That clause got more power with its new timing. 

I would still say Bossk's ability triggers on Snapshot. It's after the shot is complete. Its in the deal damage step. 

The deal damage step is included in the attack. So Bossk's ability is not after the shot is complete.

It has been stated several times what a modification is. I don't know why you folks refuse to accept that (or read the rules, where it is written).

5 hours ago, Willy Jarque said:

The deal damage step is included in the attack. So Bossk's ability is not after the shot is complete.

It has been stated several times what a modification is. I don't know why you folks refuse to accept that (or read the rules, where it is written).

Bossk ability modifies results not dice so it should work. 

57 minutes ago, killerbeardhawk said:

Bossk ability modifies results not dice so it should work. 

It's STILL a modification, so, NO it doesn't work. It's immaterial WHEN. It's immaterial HOW. It doesn't work AT ALL!!

Your attack dice are showing results. You can't modify results without modifying the dice. The two are not separable.

Yeah, sure, I guess when results are hanging in the air you can modify them since they are not dice.

In the other hand, when dice are showing results, you cant modify them.

I guess thats a resolution i can agree with