fist

So I want to make gunslinger...

21 hours ago, bradknowles said:

So, I wanted to point out a somewhat alternative concept — pick a race that isn’t necessarily well known for their Agility, but would thematically work well otherwise.

My Besalisk Hired Gun:Heavy/Ace:Gunner is going to be going into Gunslinger soon, but I would have done a pure Gunslinger version if the group I was playing in didn’t do a lot of ship-to-ship combat.

Four Weapon Combat?  Okay, that’ll take some GM house rules.

But the OK-98 Carbine, with appropriate mods?  That’s the best blaster pistol I’ve seen, if you’re using it in pistol mode — does damage right up there with Blaster Rifles, but in a Carbine.  Four of them?  Yowch!

Please understand, Heavy with autofire weapons would be able to do so much more damage, but would be so much less fun to roleplay.

IIRC Carabines can still not be used for two weapon combat, they are just an easy way to use ranged light instead have ranged heavy with the rifles. Bad luck on that. Back to standard Equalizers I guess. :)

But hey, at least they generate all the advantages to hit with them basically automatically *g*

Edited by SEApocalypse

On 3/18/2017 at 6:53 PM, SEApocalypse said:

IIRC Carabines can still not be used for two weapon combat, they are just an easy way to use ranged light instead have ranged heavy with the rifles. Bad luck on that. Back to standard Equalizers I guess. :)

But hey, at least they generate all the advantages to hit with them basically automatically *g*

Depends on your GM, and how he feels about the standard “Carbine Rule”.  And whether or not you are playing a four-armed species. ;)

Is the Pistol Grip from Dangerous Covenants worth taking to get some really nasty heavy "pistols" at a slight hindrance? I'm imagining a Gunslinger running around with twin DH-X Heavy Blaster Rifles in "pistol" mode just absolutely tearing people apart.

I'm partially biased cause I really like the idea of obnoxiously over-the-top guns.

You might want to try a Pandoranew (I think endless vigil). 1 willpower, 3 presence, 2'a e erything else 110 xp (not a typo, it really is 110 xp instead of 100 xp).

Way back when, before fly casual was released, I helped one of my players spec out a "gunslinger" as a martial sharpshooter between quickdraw, 2 point blanks, deadly accuracy, quick fix (use agility in place of another attribute once per session) "Thad Bane" (you may have heard of his infamous uncle Cad who is the black sheep in family with a long history of duros lawmen).  The inspiration for the character was the Marshall artwork and the wotc Cad Bane miniature... at the time I ended up going with a different duros miniature because the cad bane mini was too expensive but I later sprang for the cad bane mini when cad bane showed up as a npc in a session 

Edited by EliasWindrider

3 hours ago, TheShard said:

hahahahaaahahahahah

duh

I think that 8 may be possible if you have a 7 due to cybernetics and the enhance force power... not sure, I'd have to check.  I was there with you on the 8 but figured out it was an emoji before reading down lower

4 starting, +2 for Cyber Arms and legs. if you get deep enough in at least 3 Specializations to bump the raw stat to 7 via Dedication, cyber could technically bring you to a 9 

(I think Cybernetics is a (+) 1 to X Attribute and (+'s) stack...

Now THAT is what we oldsters used to refer to as "beardy, beardy cheese..." 8D 

Stacking of Cybernetics

Question asked by Braendig:

Do Cybernetics stack? If a character were to purchase two +1 agility cybernetic arms, would their agility be increased by 2? What if it were an arm and a leg? Do +1 brawn cybernetics -also- increase the number of cybernetics capable of being implanted on a character? If so, then they're essentially "free" cybernetics -- character starts at 2 brawn, 2 cybernetics available. Add 1 brawn from cybernetics, now brawn 3 with 1 implant, 2 cybernetics available.

Answered By Sam Stewart:

Bonuses from multiple cybernetics do stack, to the maximum bonus of 7 for characteristics, and 6 for skills. +1 brawn cybernetics also increase your cybernetics cap.

Hmm, so you could have Brawn stat of 2 and still reach 7, then, as a Cybertech. Get Legs and an Arm with +1 Brawn, Hard Armour with +1 Brawn mod, and then use Supreme Overcharge to double the bonus of the Cybernetics.

48 minutes ago, Darzil said:

Hmm, so you could have Brawn stat of 2 and still reach 7, then, as a Cybertech. Get Legs and an Arm with +1 Brawn, Hard Armour with +1 Brawn mod, and then use Supreme Overcharge to double the bonus of the Cybernetics.

Ayup

On 5/6/2017 at 10:57 AM, DJCrazee said:

Is the Pistol Grip from Dangerous Covenants worth taking to get some really nasty heavy "pistols" at a slight hindrance? I'm imagining a Gunslinger running around with twin DH-X Heavy Blaster Rifles in "pistol" mode just absolutely tearing people apart.

I'm partially biased cause I really like the idea of obnoxiously over-the-top guns.

From a purely mathematical point of view, it depends a lot on your dice pool and if you go with Auto Fire weapons whether pistol grips are worth it.  If you have a smaller dice pool or if you are using autofire then it is very likely that the setback dice and hardpoints will not be worth the extra damage.  If you are only planning to go with two weapon fighting and your pool is huge then likely the reduced advantage you'd get from the added setback won't really matter that much.

From an RP perspective, I think the very slight increase in damage you might see under optimal conditions wouldn't outway the stink of cheese that would follow you around.  At least at my table.

On a side note, who the heck has enough encumbrance to wield 2 DH-X's, wear armor and still have anything close to a decent agility.  My 7 brawn brawler has only 13 encumbrance after all and each DH-X weights 7.  I suppose you could throw more hard points into reducing encumbrance but then you start to cross the line from silly but good to silly and bad.