John Constantine

The Siege of Annúminas is now available

On ‎17‎.‎03‎.‎2017 at 9:42 AM, klaymen_sk said:

Still better than what passes for our inept FLGS (in the loosest meaning of the term), that already has them for several weeks, yet was unable to organize something until we offered to do it ourselves. At least we'll play it next Wednesday.

At least you will have the chance to play this. We in Germany will like not have that opportunity unless someone buys the English PoD's and runs a privat event (which still would miss the german version and the fellowship goodies). It's really frustrating because we still muss Belegost as PoD in german so Annuminas even as PoD seems a long time away (or more like "not gonna happen"). :unsure:

1 hour ago, Nickpes said:

I will have it on Monday and plan to play this thematically with a Dunedain deck ... can't wait 

Good luck! I tried using a Dunedain deck against this the first time I played it, but it didn't do too well since you really don't want to let enemies stick around too long since they damage the city. 

On 3/17/2017 at 2:36 PM, JJ48 said:

Hm...I wonder if I can get 12 viable decks while maintaining uniqueness across all of them (I know it's not actually required to do it that way, but it may be an interesting challenge).  Also, is my entire apartment even large enough to set up three four-deck games simultaneously (I know my table starts running out of space just with a single two-deck game!)?

On 3/17/2017 at 3:30 PM, Slothgodfather said:

When this quest was announced I did some brainstorming in a deck-building thread about retaining uniqueness across the heroes.  If you do themed groups like I was aiming for, then unique allies are less of an issue and it really comes to unique attachments causing the most challenge to the build.  If you are the only one with cards, the real issue will be simply not having enough cards to make 12 good decks filled with mostly non-unique stuff. 

Maintain uniqueness across the table and get only three cards of each around the whole table is not the same. You can make home proxy of some cards you own to your personal use and use them to build more deck. I can build this 12 decks challenge pretty easily with this restriction. The most problematic part will be boromir hero, galadriel hero, Arwen (hero and ally), Amarthuil hero and of course Glorfindel (hero and ally). And steward of Gondor.

But even without duplicating cards among decks it seem clearly possible because you have a lot of strategic where the main cards are different (all tribal decks, Caldara, Elrond, secret, Boromir core, Gimli&Legolas, hàma.deck, mono lore loot) but it can be hard to win. If using all cards and unfair strategy I'm sure I can build deck who will win :).

But in fact I will just need 6 decks because I will probably play this scenario with 3 tables of 2 players.

I hope this scenario will be soon available in french too. I think I will buy one in english and then one more in french when it get released.

12 hours ago, Authraw said:

Good luck! I tried using a Dunedain deck against this the first time I played it, but it didn't do too well since you really don't want to let enemies stick around too long since they damage the city. 

Nice tip and even more challenge :D

finally got a copy delivered yesterday. Not sure when i'll get to try it, though, as i've been too busy to play of late - I've only managed to play race across harad once so far, and lost, so I don't want to move on to another quest until i've had time to go back and beat it.