John Constantine

The Siege of Annúminas is now available

1 hour ago, Bullroarer Took said:

Has anyone tried this quest solo?  Does it even work?

I have, but it's not the best experience solo. You definitely need power decks to beat it solo, and you're missing a ton of the experience.

When I played this at the Fellowship Event I don't think the Lieutenant of Angmar every came to my group's quest stage, and I didn't really look at the pack afterwards. Didn't realize how great his art was!

1 hour ago, JanB said:

Mpf .. and the Fellowship-Event-Kits doesnt arrived in Germany, yet. :(

Man sometimes it's really frustrating when the developer of your fravourite game sits in the USA and you're sitting at home waiting for someone to finally translate (because the prices for the english versions at the store of your choice are double of what you pay for the german Version. And if you want to pick up some NM quests you have no choice as they don't seem to get translated anymore :unsure:) and publish the **** thing^^

But at least we get localized versions :)

It's quite fun in solo, I think. Some ennemies are super tough, it can be challenging.

I've played once (at the actual Fellowship event) in epic mode and we got our arses kicked. Some stages seemed tougher than others.

It works solo. Pretty hard quest though, I haven't been able to beat it yet. But I have only tried a few times so far. The enemies are really tough but you do get a few turns to build up first. 

4 hours ago, Bullroarer Took said:

How does it compare to Belegost?

They're pretty similar in difficulty, if you ask me; I haven't managed a win on Belegost yet either. :) My gut tells me that Annuminas is a little easier, actually, but I don't have any wins to back that up.

13 hours ago, JanB said:

Mpf .. and the Fellowship-Event-Kits doesnt arrived in Germany, yet. :(

Still better than what passes for our inept FLGS (in the loosest meaning of the term), that already has them for several weeks, yet was unable to organize something until we offered to do it ourselves. At least we'll play it next Wednesday.

4 hours ago, DurinVoronwe said:

Time to play 12 handed for a solo player like me? 

Hm...I wonder if I can get 12 viable decks while maintaining uniqueness across all of them (I know it's not actually required to do it that way, but it may be an interesting challenge).  Also, is my entire apartment even large enough to set up three four-deck games simultaneously (I know my table starts running out of space just with a single two-deck game!)?

Edited by JJ48

52 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Hm...I wonder if I can get 12 viable decks while maintaining uniqueness across all of them (I know it's not actually required to do it that way, but it may be an interesting challenge).  Also, is my entire apartment even large enough to set up three four-deck games simultaneously (I know my table starts running out of space just with a single two-deck game!)?

To make it even harder, I have only one core set. Only 2 games can have a single copy of a Test of Will. 

When this quest was announced I did some brainstorming in a deck-building thread about retaining uniqueness across the heroes.  If you do themed groups like I was aiming for, then unique allies are less of an issue and it really comes to unique attachments causing the most challenge to the build.  If you are the only one with cards, the real issue will be simply not having enough cards to make 12 good decks filled with mostly non-unique stuff. 

3 hours ago, JJ48 said:

Lay cards out on the floor!

It might make it prone to forget things, but you can reduce the foot print required by stacking cards.  Such as, just stack all your questing allies into a pile with a dice on top indicating how much WP they are committing. You could even do this with all the questing allies for a given group of 4 decks, just add a slip sheet or something to make sure you keep it divided by which "player" controls those particular allies.  Stack any enemies into a pile with just their threat showing, same with locations.