Sign in to follow this  
liquidsnake1989

One Fist Feat + Heal, and Large monsters & pits

Hi there, 

We were doing the Archive of Arrizon quest yesterday evening where two questions arose:

Our hero group consisted of, among others, One Fist Beastmaster and Avric Albright Disciple. At some point a monster defeated One Fist. One Fist activated his heroic Feat and attacked an adjacent monster. He rolled a surge, and spent it on Avric's Heroic Ability:  "Surge: Recover 1 [heart]". The question obviously was, will One Fist still be KO when his heroic feat ends? If yes, at what point is he no longer considered KO? Because since the moment he healed through Avric's ability, he does not have damage equal to his health.

The second question came from pit spaces and ettins. The CRRG states: "Large figures suffer the effects of entering and being in a pit space only if their movement ends or is interrupted so that each space they occupy is a pit space.". I'm a bit confused about the bold part. I tend to read the "so that each space they occupy is a pit space" as "if the movement of a large monster ends or is interrupted on a pit space, this causes each space they occupy to be in a pit space". I don't believe that's the right interpretation, so, what is?

Thanks!

Edited by liquidsnake1989

1. When One Fist activates his Heroic feat he is knocked out when his feat is resolved. This is an effect of the Heroic feat itself. When a hero is knocked out, he suffers damage and fatigue up to his Health and Stamina, respectively. Thus, recovering damage during his Heroic feat does not save One Fist from being knocked out.

2. Large figures are affected by pits only if their entire base occupies pit spaces. I will change the wording of this bullet in the CRRG. Thanks for pointing that out.

Edited by Sadgit

Your explanation only proves my interpretation was not correct :P

I assumed something different than what you just wrote in your 2nd point, but the rule is clear now. Maybe you could indeed change the wording of the bullet to something along the lines of:

"If the entire base of a large monster occupies pit spaces at the time the movement of that monster is ended or interrupted, the monster will suffer the effects of entering and being in a pit".

Or:

"Only when a large monster ends its movement or has its movement interrupted while its entire base occupies pit spaces, will the monster suffer the effects of entering and being in a pit space.".

In the CRRG v1.2 (released in the first week of next month) this will be changed to : "When a large figure enters a space containing terrain, it is affected just like a small figure. As an exception, a large figure is affected by pit spaces only if its movement ends or is interrupted and, after being placed on the map, its entire base occupies pit spaces."

On the topic of One Fist feat, something came to my mind. When does exactly the OL draw a card for the defeated hero? As soon as he is defeated "for the first time", or only when the feat is resolved? I guess the same can be applied to any other "when you are defeated do things" skill.