IG88E

TIE Aggressor with IG2000 title

42 minutes ago, tsondaboy said:

Hmmm. Are we gonna start arguing now about basic stuff like whats the definition of a ship in this game?

Or isn't  the Imperial Firespray clearly difined as a different ship from the Scum Firespray?

So are you arguing that imperial and scum firesprays are different, so slave 1 only works on the imperial version it came with (meaning scum boba can't use his own title) and...technically no one can use andrasta?

2 minutes ago, VanderLegion said:

So are you arguing that imperial and scum firesprays are different, so slave 1 only works on the imperial version it came with (meaning scum boba can't use his own title) and...technically no one can use andrasta?

Exactly this is the problem with my suggestion. I do recognize that if you do the separation as I suggested you wont be able to use the Andastra title on the Imperial Firespray or the Slave-1 title on the scum Firespray. But I do not see thematically a problem with the separation of titles between factions. In addition, it limits the possibilities for them if they want to make a multi ship title like Rogue Squadron in the future.

Nevertheless, the problem in hand here is if you can use a title cross faction and in addition between different ships. Currently the game permits usage of titles cross faction, ie Andastra and Slave-1. So if we want to maintain that then what needs to be fixed is the ability to equip a title on different ships. Thus a fix to this should be similar to the "black one" and errata the card to "Aggressor IG-2000 only" or something among these lines.

4 hours ago, tsondaboy said:

And leave room for more arguments in the future when they release a new title that could potentially be equipped to two different ships. 

Interceptor-class frigate that can take 2 mods confirmed!

1 hour ago, tsondaboy said:

Exactly this is the problem with my suggestion. I do recognize that if you do the separation as I suggested you wont be able to use the Andastra title on the Imperial Firespray or the Slave-1 title on the scum Firespray. But I do not see thematically a problem with the separation of titles between factions. In addition, it limits the possibilities for them if they want to make a multi ship title like Rogue Squadron in the future.

Nevertheless, the problem in hand here is if you can use a title cross faction and in addition between different ships. Currently the game permits usage of titles cross faction, ie Andastra and Slave-1. So if we want to maintain that then what needs to be fixed is the ability to equip a title on different ships. Thus a fix to this should be similar to the "black one" and errata the card to "Aggressor IG-2000 only" or something among these lines.

You don't see a thematic issue with scum boba not being able to fly his own Slave I?

And the only "IG2000" in the game is the title. The ship otherwise is simply the aggressor. 

Why do you have an issue with just making it scum only?  Unless you're expecting it to cross factions later

41 minutes ago, Punning Pundit said:

The best way to go about it would be adding "ships only" and "IG-88 only" to the IG-2000 title. That way you could still have cross factionalism, but make it restrictive enough for its intended use.

"ships only"?  Whats that do?  "IG-88 only" could do it.  They currently don't have any pilot restricted cards, but not reason they couldn't do pilot restrictions in the same way as ship ones.  Not something I imagine being commonly done (since mostly you can just use pilot abilities), but for somthing like IG-88 it could work

1 hour ago, VanderLegion said:

You don't see a thematic issue with scum boba not being able to fly his own Slave I?

And the only "IG2000" in the game is the title. The ship otherwise is simply the aggressor. 

Why do you have an issue with just making it scum only?  Unless you're expecting it to cross factions later

Slave-1 title Imperial only is tricky but not a problem with Andastra Scum only. Currently we have unique "titles" to distinguish from a named pilots ship within a ship model like "Slave I","Millennium Falcon" and non unique "titles" to distinguish between different versions within the ship model line like "TIE/x7","TIE/D".

1 hour ago, Punning Pundit said:

The best way to go about it would be adding "ships only" and "IG-88 only" to the IG-2000 title. That way you could still have cross factionalism, but make it restrictive enough for its intended use.

The IG-2000 title belongs to the former category so like Punning suggested it should be restricted to its intended pilot(s  for the robots case) . Scum only does not restrict the title to the pilot only, so "IG-88 only" is a good solution.

I would prefer to keep cross factionalism as an option because you never know what might be released in the future. We could get a bounty hunters pack for example were all the named bounty hunters in the original trilogy get an Imperial version of the pilot. Admittedly a far stretched possibility but you never know.

PS: Its funny but according to wookieepedia the full name for the "Aggressor" is "Aggressor assault fighter" (I did not know that till I looked it up now). We would not be having this argument if FFG used the full name straight from the beginning instead of a shorter version.

Edited by tsondaboy

28 minutes ago, tsondaboy said:

Slave-1 title Imperial only is tricky but not a problem with Andastra Scum only. Currently we have unique "titles" to distinguish from a named pilots ship within a ship model like "Slave I","Millennium Falcon" and non unique "titles" to distinguish between different versions within the ship model line like "TIE/x7","TIE/D".

I'm still gonna disagree with you that it's not a problem when Boba Fett cant use his own title in scum.  Andrasta doesn't make it "not a problem".

28 minutes ago, tsondaboy said:

The IG-2000 title belongs to the former category so like Punning suggested it should be restricted to its intended pilot(s  for the robots case) . Scum only does not restrict the title to the pilot only, so "IG-88 only" is a good solution.

I would prefer to keep cross factionalism as an option because you never know what might be released in the future. We could get a bounty hunters pack for example were all the named bounty hunters in the original trilogy get an Imperial version of the pilot. Admittedly a far stretched possibility but you never know.

PS: Its funny but according to wookieepedia the full name for the "Aggressor" is "Aggressor assault fighter" (I did not know that till I looked it up now). We would not be having this argument if FFG used the full name straight from the beginning instead of a shorter version.

You don't need to restrict it to only it's pilot if you make it scum only, because it'll already be limited to the ship it's intended for.   And we aren't going to get the other bounty hunters for imperial for it to be an issue.  We wouldn't even hvae the firespray in imperial if it hadn't released well before scum was a thing.  And scum only doesn't require adding new rules (for limiting upgrades to pilots instead of ships).

14 minutes ago, VanderLegion said:

You don't need to restrict it to only it's pilot if you make it scum only, because it'll already be limited to the ship it's intended for. 

If you ask me whether making it "scum only" fixes the problem, the answer is obviously yes. Scum only though still does not limit the title to its intended pilot(s) only. Thus for me its preferable if the errata fixes the problem directly from its source, and not indirectly because there is no other scum ship in the game at the moment that you could equip the title.

Edited by tsondaboy

11 minutes ago, tsondaboy said:

If you ask me whether making it "scum only" fixes the problem, the answer is obviously yes. Scum only though still does not limit the title to its intended pilot(s) only. Thus for me its preferable if the errata fixes the problem directly from its source, and not indirectly because there is no other scum ship in the game at the moment that you could equip the title.

The issue is they currently have nothing that limits upgrades to specific pilots.  And IG2000 is the ship, not the pilot.  Just like every other title.

6 minutes ago, VanderLegion said:

The issue is they currently have nothing that limits upgrades to specific pilots. 

Actually we do, "A wing test pilot" for example limits the title to pilots with a skill higher than 2.

9 minutes ago, VanderLegion said:

Limiting by pilot skill isn't th esame as a limitation to specific named pilots.

And why is it not? You originally said:

22 minutes ago, VanderLegion said:

The issue is they currently have nothing that limits upgrades to specific pilots.

The did not have to rewrite the whole rule book to add a line of text limiting some upgrade cards to specific pilots, and they will certainly not have to do so if they add a line of text at the IG-2000 card limiting it only to the IG-88 pilots. Unless of course you are worried we are gonna get generic aggressor pilots in the future and you wont be able to link them with the IG-2000 title to one named pilot.

14 hours ago, NotBatman said:

FFG didn't make up the Aggressor name, though. They're just working with what's out there already (with a few exceptions).

Maybe when they made Iggy, they never thought they would dig this deep into the barrel, but the TIE Aggressor and Iggy's "Modified Aggressor Assault Fighter" predate the game, so there wasn't a lot they could do about that. (Though, for what it's worth, the TIE Interdictor/Punisher did stop by to say hello, the other day, but I'm not sure that was FFG's decision.)

Incidentally, my money's on a more specific errata making the IG2000 title something that can only be applied to a ship piloted by an IG88 to leave room for whatever means they eventually come up with to allow Scum to contract for the Empire and fly in the same Imperial list.

I probably did not say it properly. I know where the Tie Agressor name comes from. What i meant is that it would be weird if they never realised they had another ship with the same name and did not verify if there was some unwanted interaction between them.

I would love to see the title work for both ship. It would be nice for both gameplay and thematic reason. I'm like most people though and believe the title will changed to scum only. Otherwise i think they would have included it with the Tie xpac. It's unreasonable to ask someone to buy 3-4 large ships just for a title...

I don't think I've seen this suggested: what if they errated the rules card for titles?  Not the general rule for restrictions on cards and upgrades, but specifically and only for titles, such that it has to match exactly and completely the ship title, rather than just match some portion of it?

This would stop the TIE Aggressor from equipping the Aggressor Only IG2000, and also allow them to release X-Wing Only titles without them applying to the T70 X-Wing.

It would have to be clear that the increased restriction applied only to title cards, though.

17 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

I don't think I've seen this suggested: what if they errated the rules card for titles?  Not the general rule for restrictions on cards and upgrades, but specifically and only for titles, such that it has to match exactly and completely the ship title, rather than just match some portion of it?

This would stop the TIE Aggressor from equipping the Aggressor Only IG2000, and also allow them to release X-Wing Only titles without them applying to the T70 X-Wing.

It would have to be clear that the increased restriction applied only to title cards, though.

It's a great idea in theory. Things like lightweight frame run into issues though. That would require writing out the full name of every single applicable tie on the card, and that's not feasible for the card text allotted space if I am no mistaken 

1 minute ago, BlueMusketeer28 said:

It's a great idea in theory. Things like lightweight frame run into issues though. That would require writing out the full name of every single applicable tie on the card, and that's not feasible for the card text allotted space if I am no mistaken 

Nope, LWF is a modification and not a title. I don't think there is any title in the game which is shared by different ships.

8 minutes ago, BlueMusketeer28 said:

Note that I specifically aid this would only apply to titles, not to other modification types.

It would be an issue if they ever wanted to make a multi-ship title, but that's likely to be the case anyway since with the exception of X-Wings and TIEs there aren't really any other ships which share a significant amount of their name with each other.

And they could always make such a title without any restrictions and make it accessible to the relevant ships in a different way, e.g. by restricting it on agility or primary weapon value, or having a PWT, or aux arc, or whatever.

1 hour ago, thespaceinvader said:

Note that I specifically aid this would only apply to titles, not to other modification types.

It would be an issue if they ever wanted to make a multi-ship title, but that's likely to be the case anyway since with the exception of X-Wings and TIEs there aren't really any other ships which share a significant amount of their name with each other.

And they could always make such a title without any restrictions and make it accessible to the relevant ships in a different way, e.g. by restricting it on agility or primary weapon value, or having a PWT, or aux arc, or whatever.

My bad I was thinking of modifications. Yeah that rule would be fine then. Apologies. 

On 3/24/2017 at 0:16 AM, tsondaboy said:

I can see changing the title from "Aggressor only" to "IG-88 only", as it would keep the title from being used by the TIE Aggressor, allow for an Imperials to "hire" IG-88 (if FFG wants to go that route), and would allow for an IG-88 pilot in other ships. 

I can imagine an IG-88c in a Star Viper being solid- especially if paired with something like IG-88a OR IG-88d.

But I don't want to see any "clarification" about the title that limits it without making an errata. The rule on titles is currently really solid. There isn't a good reason to change that rule when a small change to the Aggressor title itself will suffice.