IG88E

TIE Aggressor with IG2000 title

282 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, TheRealStarkiller said:

No. Its the Tie Aggressor. Not the Aggressor.

So lightweight frame cannot fit into any ship? There's no "Tie" ship in the game

VanderLegion and DekoPuma like this

2 minutes ago, Sithborg said:

It works as of now. I do expect a FAQ update on release to prevent it. No real reason to get bent into a twist over it. 

My only fear is that FFG is notorious about not actually releasing FAQs for new stuff for weeks or months after a new wave actually releases, even when the questions have been there since it was first spoiled.

nitrobenz and Schu81 like this

yeah i could totally see there not being a FAQ for 3 months or so. Long enough for people to do this several times and then WHAM right before another major tournament they get shot down.

I will admit though, if we get a pilot that attacks with a turret after missing i am going to be heavily suspicious that its intended...lol

1 minute ago, Vineheart01 said:

yeah i could totally see there not being a FAQ for 3 months or so. Long enough for people to do this several times and then WHAM right before another major tournament they get shot down.

I will admit though, if we get a pilot that attacks with a turret after missing i am going to be heavily suspicious that its intended...lol

I won't lie, as long as there's nothing completely broken about it, I'd totally allow the IG2000 title to be used on the tie/ag in a random kit tournament one time if FFG hadn't FAQed it otherwise yet.  Just for fun.

If it remains legal (which I doubt) there's no telling how good it might be until we see what the pilot abilities of the TIE ag. actually are.

For all we know they could be steaming piles of dogs**t and attaching the IG title won't mean squat, or they could end up being mutually exclusive, where you wouldn't be able to do both, or the penalty/drawback to doing both wouldn't be worth the gain.

Or, it might be awesome and we'll see 7320 threads begging FFG for a nerf or complaining  about how OP it is and how x-wing is OVAH!

VanderLegion likes this

4 minutes ago, Clancampbell said:

If it remains legal (which I doubt) there's no telling how good it might be until we see what the pilot abilities of the TIE ag. actually are.

For all we know they could be steaming piles of dogs**t and attaching the IG title won't mean squat, or they could end up being mutually exclusive, where you wouldn't be able to do both, or the penalty/drawback to doing both wouldn't be worth the gain.

Or, it might be awesome and we'll see 7320 threads begging FFG for a nerf or complaining  about how OP it is and how x-wing is OVAH!

Theoretically, even if the pilot abilities are mutually exclusive, at the minimum you'd be able to share them to the generics and pick who triggers it. 

Giving it to generics is the big one.

Brobots wouldnt really benefit because their pricings prevent more than 2 anyway, so why would you ever take 1 without an ability and 1 with. TIE/AG is cheap enough to in theory run 4 of them with 1 name pilot and 3 generics and still have gear slapped onto them - that could be potent...could be

VanderLegion and IG88E like this

This is one of these things FFG didn't see coming, because they would not even expect anybody to get to this idea, because it is obviously wrong and not meant to be used.

Anyway.... people are going to use this. Winning is so much more important to some people than common sense or having fun with a gaming community.

Yeah, probably there will be an FAQ for this. 

In about 9 months, after having a lot of tournanents getting crushed by cheating Aggressor lists

tsondaboy and IG88E like this

Just now, Schu81 said:

This is one of these things FFG didn't see coming, because they would not even expect anybody to get to this idea, because it is obviously wrong and not meant to be used.

Anyway.... people are going to use this. Winning is so much more important to some people than common sense or having fun with a gaming community.

In about 9 months, after having a lot of tournanents getting crushed by cheating Aggressor lists

I imagine any high level tournament just won't allow it (unless FFG comes back and says it's intended)

Punning Pundit likes this

I think the only way to fix this is to give Empire a "Bounty Hunters" expansion that includes a bunch of scattered dials from Scum

19 hours ago, IG88E said:

latest?cb=20140818210230

Aggressor only: So I can use this title for the TIE Aggressor too? ;)

This is the TIE Advanced Prototype with TIE Advanced title all over again *sigh* 

nitrobenz and Verlaine like this

Just now, KaLeu said:

This is the TIE Advanced Prototype with TIE Advanced title all over again *sigh* 

This time though people are just saying it as a joke, knowing ffg is more than likely to do something about it, and the TIE aggressor actually has all of aggressor in its name, so until ffg makes it scum only, it's legal :P

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, KaLeu said:

It's really not though. This is a joke about something that's legal according the the rules, but not expected to be actually allowed or intended. The TAP with the tie advanced title was never legal because it didn't meet the requirements in the rules

Edited by VanderLegion

6 minutes ago, KaLeu said:

And Manaroo with the target locks. Did that one receive a FAQ entry?

Again and again we erect the same Tower of Babel made up of forum posts. The confusion is this: some see the defence of the RAW interpretation as the view that "it is legal, so that is how it should be played". But the actual point is more like this: "if X-Wing was played by a mindless robot, he'd put the IG title on a TIE Agressor". That robot also would not equip a title to a Raider, I guess.

We don't play like we are robots, but it is a good thing if the rules are as tight as a computer program without bugs.

Forgottenlore likes this

39 minutes ago, Schu81 said:

Technically it's not cheating if it's allowed in the rules.

Unintended? Certainly.

Disallowed by most TOs? Most likely.

But not cheating.

Kumagoro, DekoPuma and Nyxen like this

35 minutes ago, Schu81 said:

To your first point I find it kind of sad that FFG didn't see this coming. If we can find it within 48 hours of the pics going up, why oh why can't the designers and playtesters? So it's either intentional, or they just don't play test enough or they are incredibly short sighted. If it's either of the latter two, then I'm disappointed. (Not the first time I've been so with FFG)

To your second point, yes there are those that put way too much time into this game, searching for every advantage, and making the most "beardy" list possible. All to be crowned king sh*t of turdsville.

2 minutes ago, Verlaine said:

And Manaroo with the target locks. Did that one receive a FAQ entry?

Again and again we erect the same Tower of Babel made up of forum posts. The confusion is this: some see the defence of the RAW interpretation as the view that "it is legal, so that is how it should be played". But the actual point is more like this: "if X-Wing was played by a mindless robot, he'd put the IG title on a TIE Agressor". That robot also would not equip a title to a Raider, I guess.

We don't play like we are robots, but it is a good thing if the rules are as tight as a computer program without bugs.

No not mindless robots. Crafty thinking humans looking to exploit loopholes for advantage.

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Clancampbell said:

To your first point I find it kind of sad that FFG didn't see this coming. If we can find it within 48 hours of the pics going up, why oh why can't the designers and playtesters? So it's either intentional, or they just don't play test enough or they are incredibly short sighted. If it's either of the latter two, then I'm disappointed. (Not the first time I've been so with FFG)

Was way less than 48 hours.  This thread was less than 12 hours after the article released, and I posted about it on the main wave 11 thread probably an hour or so before that. To be fair, I didn't think it up on my own.  I just noticed it when I went to add the new stuff to Aurora and IG-2000 popped up as a title option for the tie/ag.

Edited by VanderLegion
Rodafowa and Punning Pundit like this

Given the shenanigans that have occurred in past FFG articles on things like SLAM bombing and maneuvers that ships don't even have in their dial, FFG needs Needs NEEDS to put out an April 1 article on the TIE Aggressor showing how awesome the IG-2000 title synchs with it. An appropriate April Fools at the end to keep gasoline off the fire.

3 hours ago, KaLeu said:

COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!!

That was "TIE Adv. Prototype" trying to slot into "TIE Advanced"

This is "Aggressor" trying to slot into "TIE Aggressor"

Sasajak, IG88E, VanderLegion and 1 other like this

5 hours ago, Vineheart01 said:

Squinting real hard, it looks like one of the Aggressor pilots is named "Double-Tap", and his ability will let him get a second attack. Haven't tried comparing the text to the IG to see if they match up yet, buuuut... Just throwing that out there for ya.

5 hours ago, Vineheart01 said:

I WANTS IT!

14 hours ago, Viktus106 said:

Not the first time they have done this, i mean, you can put the Phantom title on any ship you want as it doesn't specifically mention the attack shuttle or any ship for that matter. 

Wait that can't be... *Looks at card*

Huh! Interesting! Granted, the card only actually does anything when the Ghost title is on a VCX-100, _and_ the Phantom title is on an assult shuttle (as per the Ghost title). But. The Phantom title sure can be put on any ship in the game.

4 hours ago, Schu81 said:

+1 nothing more to add, this whole thread has me loosing faith to humanity lately. 

I am organizing tournaments, there is already one coming next Sunday anounce in the organized play thread. 

I am not allowing this kind of crap even if someone spends 2 hours breaking my (insert bad word here) about how it's legal because of the way its worded on the card. Rules layers should be clensed with fire!

Schu81 likes this