IG88E

TIE Aggressor with IG2000 title

313 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, WickedGrey said:

Hopefully they'll errata the Raider to be allowed to equip its titles at the same time they fix this.  =D

latest?cb=20150425040325latest?cb=20150811063503

"Corv." is not "Corvette"!

This is nothing new. We've known the problem there for a long time. Probably would have been errata by now if it was a card playable in standard

ViscerothSWG likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Rodafowa said:

 

For flip's sake, stop being melodramatic.  Nobody's saying "YAS I SHALL CRUSH ALL BEFORE ME WITH MY IG-2000 TIE AGGRESSORS BWA HA HAAAAAA!!!" Nobody thinks this is how FFG intended the title to work. Everybody thinks this is going to get the hell errata'd/FAQed out of it. People are just having a bit of fun with something absurd that's currently legal thanks to a combination of a loosely-written rule and the goddamn ridiculous situation of having two ships in the game with the same goddamn name. 

And so I spend my thousandth post the same way I spent the other 999 - telling people to chill the flip out. 

 

21 minutes ago, Rodafowa said:

and again! Oh my actual God.

 

Not just your thousandth, but your thousand and first and second as well :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Rodafowa said:

 

For flip's sake, stop being melodramatic.  Nobody's saying "YAS I SHALL CRUSH ALL BEFORE ME WITH MY IG-2000 TIE AGGRESSORS BWA HA HAAAAAA!!!" Nobody thinks this is how FFG intended the title to work. Everybody thinks this is going to get the hell errata'd/FAQed out of it. People are just having a bit of fun with something absurd that's currently legal thanks to a combination of a loosely-written rule and the goddamn ridiculous situation of having two ships in the game with the same goddamn name. 

And so I spend my thousandth post the same way I spent the other 999 - telling people to chill the flip out. 

If nothing else this thread clearly demonstrates that some people cannot detect tone from written words alone.

 

We should have a sweepstake as to how long it takes FFG to errata both this and the actual errata. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not the first time they have done this, i mean, you can put the Phantom title on any ship you want as it doesn't specifically mention the attack shuttle or any ship for that matter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AdamGATX105 said:

Isn't this one of those simple common sense things? You all know this is the title for IG2000. Common sense it won't work. Further its Aggressor Title NOT Tie Aggressor title two completely different ships. 

You'd think.  But there are people out there who like to attempt to do this sort of **** because they can.  It must drive the designers crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dr Zoidberg said:

You'd think.  But there are people out there who like to attempt to do this sort of **** because they can.  It must drive the designers crazy.

I don't think anyone in this thread genuinely expects this to work.

But, if this doesn't work, then by RAW, nor does T70s taking Integrated Astromech...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe not in this thread...

But the gaming community is bigger than this thread/forum.  And there are some odd people out there who like to pull rule abusing combos because they think they can get away with it.  Common Sense says this can't be done; but as you've point out, RAW says it can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dr Zoidberg said:

Maybe not in this thread...

But the gaming community is bigger than this thread/forum.  And there are some odd people out there who like to pull rule abusing combos because they think they can get away with it.  Common Sense says this can't be done; but as you've point out, RAW says it can.

I very much doubt RAW will continue to say it can.  I'd expect an erratum to IG2000 in the next FAQ (probably before Wave 11 even drops) making IG2000 Scum Only.

kris40k and Rodafowa like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, tsondaboy said:

Reading the  replies on this thread its clear for me to see that FFG has nothing to do with killing the stoke for this game I love.

Its people that would hold onto the slightest ambiguity of the rules, and use rules layering to get an advantage over their opponent, that kill the stoke.

Humour, killing SW games since 1867.

Rodafowa, Otacon, IG88E and 2 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Viktus106 said:

Not the first time they have done this, i mean, you can put the Phantom title on any ship you want as it doesn't specifically mention the attack shuttle or any ship for that matter. 

Not true.  The phantom title has no point cost (not 0, a '-'), so you can't actually just equip it on it's own.   The only way you can equip the title is by first equipping the Ghost title to a vcx, which specifically tells you to equip the Phantom title to a friendly Attack Shuttle

Reiver, IG88E, Kumagoro and 6 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New rule to Push the limit.

 

Push the limit: Attach this card to an x-wing player. This player is then free to bend, twist, and or contort the rules in which ever way the see fit, even if it violates the "spirit" of the game, and the designers  clearly never intended for a specific interaction of same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Clancampbell said:

New rule to Push the limit.

 

Push the limit: Attach this card to an x-wing player. This player is then free to bend, twist, and or contort the rules in which ever way the see fit, even if it violates the "spirit" of the game, and the designers  clearly never intended for a specific interaction of same.

Calm down, people are just having some fun, I'm gonna do it just once for the lol's if my opponents are okay with it unless ffg erratas ig-2000 before wave 11 is released

Evenflow30, Addie, DekoPuma and 5 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DeathstarII said:

Calm down, people are just having some fun, I'm gonna do it just once for the lol's if my opponents are okay with it unless ffg erratas ig-2000 before wave 11 is released

No calm needed. I was just joining in on the joke.

 

Oddly enough, if FFG does allow this, it might make me by more Tie aggressors.

IG88E, Evenflow30 and DeathstarII like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Clancampbell said:

No calm needed. I was just joining in on the joke.

 

Oddly enough, if FFG does allow this, it might make me by more Tie aggressors.

Ah, alright, well, if FFG does allow it, they're gonna be sold out of IG-2000s and aggressors for a while :P

IG88E likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Clancampbell said:

New rule to Push the limit.

 

Push the limit: Attach this card to an x-wing player. This player is then free to bend, twist, and or contort the rules in which ever way the see fit, even if it violates the "spirit" of the game, and the designers  clearly never intended for a specific interaction of same.


I would call this EPT "But It's RAAAAAW!" with the picture of a roaring angry wookie with a manual.

And It should finish with "If your opponent doesn't agree, flip the table".

Edited by Draconis Hegemonia
kris40k and Kharnete like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nigeltastic said:

A significant part of me is hoping they have realized their 'mistake' ahead of time and that it's entirely intentional and designed around. That would be a hilarious troll on ffg's part.

I submitted a rules "question" pointing it out yesterday as soon as I saw it was possible, so we'll see what they say :P.

kris40k likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DeathstarII said:

Ah, alright, well, if FFG does allow it, they're gonna be sold out of IG-2000s and aggressors for a while :P

Agreed!

5 minutes ago, Draconis Hegemonia said:


I would call this EPT "But It's RAAAAAW!" with the picture of a roaring angry wookie with a manual.

And It should finish with "If your opponent doesn't agree, flip the table".

LOL. Although my local game store might be upset with people flipping their tables.

1 minute ago, nigeltastic said:

A significant part of me is hoping they have realized their 'mistake' ahead of time and that it's entirely intentional and designed around. That would be a hilarious troll on ffg's part.

Then they direct us to a link for the ruling and it's simply a rickroll!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, nigeltastic said:

A significant part of me is hoping they have realized their 'mistake' ahead of time and that it's entirely intentional and designed around. That would be a hilarious troll on ffg's part.

Thats would be so f***ingly epic, the best inside trolling in ages. :lol::ph34r:

Punning Pundit likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now