IG88E

TIE Aggressor with IG2000 title

253 posts in this topic

well, it's not said scum only on the title... it could be nice to have the pilote ability of the two named together. Could even be a hard combo (like spend 1 focus to roll 1 more def dice and when you do a focus action, receive a free evade focus.)

2 minutes ago, Toqtamish said:

Except those ships are in two different factions and cannot be used together. Nice try. 

Except if we're indulging this silliness you just run the two named TIE Aggressor pilots and they can share their abilities.

Lampyridae, nitrobenz and GrimmyV like this

3 minutes ago, Toqtamish said:

Except those ships are in two different factions and cannot be used together. Nice try. 

No faction restriction

2 minutes ago, TheRealStarkiller said:

No. Its the Tie Aggressor. Not the Aggressor.

The limit is "Aggressor Only", the rules for ship-specific upgrades:

This upgrade can only be equipped to a ship of the specified type. If the ship’s type includes the entirety of the restricted type, it can equip that upgrade. For example, a TIE/fo fighter can equip an Upgrade card restricted to “TIE Fighter only.”

"TIE Aggressor" contains the entirety of "Aggressor", so RAW it works.

Just now, Skargoth said:

Except if we're indulging this silliness you just run the two named TIE Aggressor pilots and they can share their abilities.

You could actually run 1 unique and 3 generics and all have the abilty of the unique.  Or both uniques and multiple generics and everyone has both abilities.  Nothing says you can't equip it if you don't have a pilot ability, they just don't get anything from you.

16 minutes ago, Toqtamish said:

Is not for use with the scum aggressor, you just need to use the title (not faction limited) between 3 imperial aggressors (two of them with his own pilot hability) and now the three of them has two pilot habilities, add a pinch of TLT, put a little of Jonus as fourth ship and serve hot as melted cheese.:D

Dengar5, Nyxen, nitrobenz and 5 others like this

6 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

rofl thats hilarious. No way in freakin hell thats legit though

Watch people just run 3 generic guys as TLTs without LWF and upgrade the last guy to a unique so that they would all have pilot abilities...

4fox100 likes this

Just now, TitaniumChopstick said:

Watch people just run 3 generic guys as TLTs without LWF and upgrade the last guy to a unique so that they would all have pilot abilities...

Pretty much lol.

If the TIE Aggressor only had unique pilots i would believe it was intended. But none of the imp ships are without generics and unless they for some reason get access to the ARC or some other old ship i'd be surprised to ever see no generics. They mass produce things they use.

TitaniumChopstick likes this

33 minutes ago, TheRealStarkiller said:

No. Its the Tie Aggressor. Not the Aggressor.

So Youngster , TIE mk2 and other upgrade or effects that affect TIE cards don't work?

Just now, spacelion said:

So Youngster , TIE mk2 and other upgrade or effects that affect TIE cards don't work?

MK2 eingine will work, becuase it's "TIE Only" and the tie/ag still has TIE in the name.   Youngster doesn't work because there's no "Fighter" in the name.

Just now, VanderLegion said:

MK2 eingine will work, becuase it's "TIE Only" and the tie/ag still has TIE in the name.   Youngster doesn't work because there's no "Fighter" in the name.

Then why wont "Aggressor only" work on te TIE Aggressor since it has Aggressor in the name?

2 minutes ago, spacelion said:

Then why wont "Aggressor only" work on te TIE Aggressor since it has Aggressor in the name?

It will....

Just now, spacelion said:

THen why are you arguing with me ???

I...never argued with you.  I clarified between youngster and the mk2 that one would work and the other wouldn't.  i already said earlier in the thread that RAW the IG2000 title works on the tie/ag (though i don't expect that to last).

Posted (edited)

44 minutes ago, MegaSilver said:

Nothing on the card says you can't.

Actually, it does.  You can only share IG-2000 and a friendly ship's ability.  So, the IG-2000 will never be a friendly to the TIE/AG.

Wait.  Nevermind.

Edited by Darth Meanie

Just now, Darth Meanie said:

Actually, it does.  You can only share IG-2000 and a friendly ship's ability.  So, the IG-2000 will never be a friendly to the TIE/AG.

IG-2000 is the title card.  So any ships with said title card share the abilities.  If you equip IG-2000 on multiple TIE/AGs, you have multiple friendly IG-2000s.

Just now, VanderLegion said:

IG-2000 is the title card.  So any ships with said title card share the abilities.  If you equip IG-2000 on multiple TIE/AGs, you have multiple friendly IG-2000s.

Yeah, just pulled my CPU out of my scomp link.  You beat me to it, though.

VanderLegion likes this