Sign in to follow this  
DUR

Tarkin Doctrine!

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 4:44 PM, DUR said:

[Just a little something- I was trying to get that stark lighting across the 3 destroyers- enjoy!

Love these, great job.  It's always bugged me how dark these guys are out of the box.  How much work was it to achieve this?

Edited by jme
typo

1 hour ago, jme said:

Love these, great job.  It's always bugged me how dark these guys are out of the box.  How much work was it do achieve this?

The technique is a lot quicker on the small ships: I think an ISD takes me something like 3 or 4 hours?  I tend to have very small free time gaps- I imagine I could get it done faster if I just plopped myself down and forced myself to be methodical.  That reminds me... time to start on my wave 3+ ships... whew!

In lower/redder light, the ships look much more proper grey- they only look that white in diffuse sunlight (in my tutorial you can see a pic under flourescent white light for the part where I talk about edge highlighting- still brighter than FFG, but much greyer)  For whiter ships, use less weathering.